• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Missy’s Journey!

You will soon overtake hubby my lovely. So you just add the marvel powder to cooked soup? Xxxx
Hi Lottiewishes, yes you add the Marvel to the cooked soup. I put 2 teaspoons in 200 ml and blended. I worked out that 1 teaspoon = 1.5g of protein so an extra 3g per 200 ml. I just added a teaspoon to mix with my yoghurt and milk too. It all starts adding up. The dietician also said to make your own milk and add a tablespoon to a pint. I’m adding it into most things I have now. X

Thanks hunny. Aww ok sounds like good stuff xxx

2 weeks +3 days...
Generally feeling well and back to work on Monday. I’ve had just under 3 weeks off and my mind is ready to return to work, not sure if the body is! I suppose what I mean is that I feel physically able, but my job is tiring (Y6 teacher) and I’ve a busy term ahead. I am going to tell people at work that I ended up in hospital due to constant sickness bug. I hate lying but I’m not ready to tell people. I could say nothing at all, but I’m worried I may be tired easily etc and I think my colleagues just need to know I’m not quite 100% yet. I am going to say I’m on a number of supplements and need to have bloods checked etc. I’ve also lost 2 stone since I last saw them so there needs to be an explanation for this too (if they notice I’ve lost weight). My stomach is much happier with homemade soups. None of that mild dumping business I had with the CWP products. The chicken & veg one is a bit kale/spinach tasting so I’m having one of these a day with 30g 50% LF cheese as this helps it to taste better. It’s got lots of goodness in so I don’t want to give up on it.... and I’ve got about 15 portions in the freezer. My pea & ham is gorgeous so I either have 2 x 200ml of these and the chicken or 1 of each and some yoghurt. Really struggle to get more than that in. However, some days I seem to be able to eat more and would like more than the 200ml soup in one go and other days I just manage the 200 ml. Is this normal for the bypass? I had days like that with band, but bands just are temperamental! That was affected by menstrual cycle, stress, weather etc. Can the bypass be similar? The weight loss feels sloooooooooow! I’m now 15stone.... desperate to hit the 14s! 2 stone 1lb in 4 weeks 3 days is still a lot of weight to lose in that time so I suppose it will slow a little. I’ve also read about the 3rd week stall and others who have lost slowly. What’s reassuring is that I should hopefully continue to go down... not yo-yo!

Wow 2 stone 1 lbs in 4 weeks and 3 days is like 25lbs you are rocking it girly ;) I am taking a leaf out of your book and making some chicken soup tomorrow I think with spinach and whatever other veg I pick up. Xxx

Wow 2 stone 1 lbs in 4 weeks and 3 days is like 25lbs you are rocking it girly ;) I am taking a leaf out of your book and making some chicken soup tomorrow I think with spinach and whatever other veg I pick up. Xxx
Thanks @Lottiewishes. It’s 29lb :D Sounds better when it’s in pounds. Hope all is well with you xx

Yep see even better ( i cant add up-got a e in gcse maths lol ) 29 lbs is FANASTIC hunny xxxc

Return to work eve! ...
All set for my return to work tomorrow. Actually feel a bit nervous, I hope I don’t find it too tiring. As I’m getting up at 6, I’m hoping I will fit more food in. I’ve got some Arla for mid morning and the good ole pea & ham soup for lunch. I am going to try and leave work on time most nights this week and not stay late as I usually do! I went for a walk today as I’ve done every day for the past week. I felt a bit dizzy when I got home and could feel palpitations so had to lie down. I walked much further yesterday and didn’t get this feeling. I almost felt that I needed sugar, but wasn’t chancing that one. I had some soup and rested. I hope I don’t have any of these episodes in work! I had some options light Belgian chocolate in milk last night. Fancied a different taste to soup and the sugar content was a lot lower than my CWP chocolate. I didn’t finish it all and it gurgled around my tum for a long time. I didn’t feel sick but didn’t feel too great after it. Definitely going to play safe at work and only have foods that I know are ok... well not much choice on liquids but I’m introducing puréed food a week on Wednesday. I may stay on soup for work. I need to research good puréed food... not really sure what this stage entails.

3 weeks ...
Well, I have gained 2lb this week... what’s all that about? The 3rd week on most diets is usually a stall or gain for me. It’s actually 1.5lb but I round up/down. Either way, you don’t expect to have a bypass and gain weight in the 3rd week! I have stuck to the liquid diet with homemade soups and yoghurt. I’m assuming it is just my body playing tricks with all it’s gone through in the last few weeks... still disappointing though.
On another note, returning to work has been ok. I’ve been making sure I don’t stay up too late and have slept well. I’ve been much more active this last week in terms of walking and being back in work. I don’t seem to feel sick anymore and I can drink 750ml of water on the way to work and on the way home (40 minute journey). I used to drink a litre before my op. Anyway, onwards and downwards ... hopefully :confused:

Glad return to work has been ok-sorry can't help with gain hunny-sure it's just your body still recovering. Your doing fab xxxx

Glad return to work has been ok-sorry can't help with gain hunny-sure it's just your body still recovering. Your doing fab xxxx
Thanks Lottie. Hope all is well with you xx

3 weeks ...
Well, I have gained 2lb this week... what’s all that about? The 3rd week on most diets is usually a stall or gain for me. It’s actually 1.5lb but I round up/down. Either way, you don’t expect to have a bypass and gain weight in the 3rd week! I have stuck to the liquid diet with homemade soups and yoghurt. I’m assuming it is just my body playing tricks with all it’s gone through in the last few weeks... still disappointing though.
On another note, returning to work has been ok. I’ve been making sure I don’t stay up too late and have slept well. I’ve been much more active this last week in terms of walking and being back in work. I don’t seem to feel sick anymore and I can drink 750ml of water on the way to work and on the way home (40 minute journey). I used to drink a litre before my op. Anyway, onwards and downwards ... hopefully :confused:

I had a gain around this time too, I think it was only 1lb but it was due to me being constipated. Sorry if TMI but it will simply be your body readjusting! You’ve had major surgery after all.
Keep at it, you’ve got this xx

Hope your eves going ok? I am ok upped my cals ( on 1200 and yet to have eve snack-almonds and peanuts) so feeling a bit better. But it's amazing how much less I want the sugary stuff when I cut bread/pasta/rice/crisps/biscuits out of my diet. For me it seems to be a key factor that leads to binges. Sorry rambling in your diary. Xxx

3 weeks ...

How was it with your colleagues going back to work? Has anyone commented on your weight loss especially coming off the Christmas holidays? I'm not telling the folks at my work and I'm going to have to figure out what to say when the weight starts dropping off in noticeable amounts.

I had a gain around this time too, I think it was only 1lb but it was due to me being constipated. Sorry if TMI but it will simply be your body readjusting! You’ve had major surgery after all.
Keep at it, you’ve got this xx
Thanks @Laaux. It’s good to know it isn’t just me. I think I’m a bit constipated too. Can’t stand the thought of liquid laxative though!

Hope your eves going ok? I am ok upped my cals ( on 1200 and yet to have eve snack-almonds and peanuts) so feeling a bit better. But it's amazing how much less I want the sugary stuff when I cut bread/pasta/rice/crisps/biscuits out of my diet. For me it seems to be a key factor that leads to binges. Sorry rambling in your diary. Xxx
Sorry @Lottiewishes I’ve only just spotted this! Ramble away... I don’t mind. Yes, I agree. The sugar craving is much easier to deal with when you cut out starchy carbs! That’s one hurdle I’d overcome before surgery as I cut these out of my diet many years ago. Purely because my body doesn’t like them and I end up bloated and gaining weight very quickly. I’m referring to bread/rice/pasta/potatoes... I didn’t quite grasp cutting out biscuits, cakes, chocolate etc! You will probably find upping your calories a little will actually help. Something else that took a long time for me to grasp. You’re doing really well... keep going xx

How was it with your colleagues going back to work? Has anyone commented on your weight loss especially coming off the Christmas holidays? I'm not telling the folks at my work and I'm going to have to figure out what to say when the weight starts dropping off in noticeable amounts.
Hi @slimkim, sorry, I’ve only just spotted this! Work has gone well. I didn’t think colleagues would notice that I’d lost weight, but they did! Because I’m tall, it can take a while to show. I told them I’d been ill (kind of true) and that I still didn’t feel 100%. I felt this would cover any unexpected feelings of faintness/ needing the loo etc as I wasn’t sure how I’d feel being back at work. I’m pleased I haven’t told anyone. I don’t feel I need to. Someone we know at work had a sleeve last year and there have been negative comments of her ‘cheating’. If only it was all that simple. Lack of understanding that this is a tool and you still have to work with it. I’m just not willing to go there. I’ve felt fine at work and been having soup for lunch and yoghurt mid-morning - which fits in well with the weather. People keep mentioning how skinny my face is looking. I will now say I’m continuing with my healthy eating, smaller portions, no sweet stuff and very few carbs - which is true! I think it will be easier when I get onto solids. Don’t worry about others- they can only know what you tell them. As I’ve said in an earlier post, when I lost 11 stone on a VLCD in 2006, people were making all kinds assumptions anyway and I was telling the truth. They will think what they want no matter what you say... but what does it matter! Xx

Last edited:
3.5 weeks ...
First week at work has gone well. People certainly noticed I’d lost weight. I’ve not felt dizzy or anything and have had yoghurt mid morning and soup at lunch. I am moving on to the purée stage on Wednesday as I’ll be 4 weeks out. I’m looking forward to eating different foods, but not looking forward to it being like baby food! Had a chat with the dietician yesterday. I don’t really want to go down the mash route as I don’t want starchy white carbs. I will mash some sweet potato. I want to still try to do as much protein/veg as I can, which is difficult at this stage. The other carb I’ll try is oats as they do have quite a bit of protein in and added milk will also be protein. I have bought some extra light cheese triangles, 0% Greek yoghurt to mix with things. Going to make bolognaise (not from a jar) as that may be ok puréed with some veg. I was told I can still have 1 soup a day, which I will do for work. I’m not comfortable introducing new foods in work... don’t want any mishaps! I’ve also bought some cod in parsley sauce and tuna to mix with either yoghurt or extra light mayo. Any other suggestions are very welcome! In other news, my weight has finally moved today!! Ten days at the same weight (apart from it going up 1.5lbs for 2 days). On my 3rd week weigh in I was 15.3 and today I’m 14.13! I made my own tomato soup yesterday and actually ate slightly more and this seemed to work or it’s just time it started to stop playing silly beggars! Let’s hope it remains in the 14s! It has felt a battle to reach the 14s! Stone busting always feels better.

Congratulations on the weight shift and getting to a new weight range. I've seen a lot of people on here eat weetabix or ready brek for breakfast at the puree stage.

Yay for the 14 YOU are doing so so well hunny xxxx

3.5 weeks ...
First week at work has gone well. People certainly noticed I’d lost weight. I’ve not felt dizzy or anything and have had yoghurt mid morning and soup at lunch. I am moving on to the purée stage on Wednesday as I’ll be 4 weeks out. I’m looking forward to eating different foods, but not looking forward to it being like baby food! Had a chat with the dietician yesterday. I don’t really want to go down the mash route as I don’t want starchy white carbs. I will mash some sweet potato. I want to still try to do as much protein/veg as I can, which is difficult at this stage. The other carb I’ll try is oats as they do have quite a bit of protein in and added milk will also be protein. I have bought some extra light cheese triangles, 0% Greek yoghurt to mix with things. Going to make bolognaise (not from a jar) as that may be ok puréed with some veg. I was told I can still have 1 soup a day, which I will do for work. I’m not comfortable introducing new foods in work... don’t want any mishaps! I’ve also bought some cod in parsley sauce and tuna to mix with either yoghurt or extra light mayo. Any other suggestions are very welcome! In other news, my weight has finally moved today!! Ten days at the same weight (apart from it going up 1.5lbs for 2 days). On my 3rd week weigh in I was 15.3 and today I’m 14.13! I made my own tomato soup yesterday and actually ate slightly more and this seemed to work or it’s just time it started to stop playing silly beggars! Let’s hope it remains in the 14s! It has felt a battle to reach the 14s! Stone busting always feels better.
Congratulations you are doing so well xx

Back