• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My gastric band diary from the very beginning

it sounds as I youve made a great start, I used my pre-op time to focus the mind and its a great prep for liquids only post op, even though th past few weeks have been my hardest (and slowest weight loss wise) it often takes moments like this to help us get back on track. Even tho I've lost 8 stone, I still have this fears of failing, bu my motivations are something I don't lose sight of ... Wont be long now :)

it sounds as I youve made a great start, I used my pre-op time to focus the mind and its a great prep for liquids only post op, even though th past few weeks have been my hardest (and slowest weight loss wise) it often takes moments like this to help us get back on track. Even tho I've lost 8 stone, I still have this fears of failing, bu my motivations are something I don't lose sight of ... Wont be long now :)

Thank you TK. I think this is a great way to get adjusted to the new way of eating post op, and if I'm feeling ok now it helps me to think positive about afterwards. This is just the start and If I do half as well as you I'll be a happy bunny :)
Why do you feel your weight loss has slowed? X

Thats a great way to look at it! :)

I see your from Oldham too, any news on a date yet?

I have an appointment on the 10/5 with sleep clinic to see if i'm established with the cpap.
If all goes well ( fingers crossed ) the sleep clinic will tell the surgeon that im ok for surgery :):)

I have an appointment on the 10/5 with sleep clinic to see if i'm established with the cpap.
If all goes well ( fingers crossed ) the sleep clinic will tell the surgeon that im ok for surgery :):)

Well all the best with that- keep us posted :)

Hi everyone,

Day 3 of my pre op diet today, feeling very tired and finding it tough, wishing this week away so i can have my op.

People at work are asking if i'm nervous now - and i'm really not, come Tuesday though Ill probably be having panic attacks lol

Already thinking of what clothes ill buy and how i want to look, just hope im not getting ahead of myself.

Hope everyone is doing well

I'm hoping this will be me in a matter of months. I'm excited for you!!!
Please keep us up-dated on your journey and I wish you the best of luck xx

I'm hoping this will be me in a matter of months. I'm excited for you!!!
Please keep us up-dated on your journey and I wish you the best of luck xx

Thank you and I certainly will keep you updated! :) x

Hello peeps,

Day 4 of pre op diet! Half way there now woo hoo. Feel detoxed and ready for my op now. Think this diet will put me off milk for life though ;-)

Finish work tomorrow and dreading the weekend - work has kept me occupied but will have to just keep strong x

Oooh it's all getting close now!! It's so exciting for you, I had to keep very busy the weekend before, just to pass the time x

hi does anyone know if you can use cambridge products before your op rather than the milk diet? i was told it needed to be low fat to shrink the liver x

You're doing so well hun :) Last leg of the pre op diet now :)

Just caught up with your thread. I am being banded at Dolan Park on the 17th May, so I'm getting nervous.

Did the dietician contact you before you started the diet? I need to talk to one because I can't tolerate very much milk, so I am hoping I can just do a VLC diet.

Did you ask about the 5 holes they will make? I wondered whether the would be stitched or stapled and how long you need to not get them wet? Do you know.

Well done for getting half way, I'll be keeping track now. Good luck.

Just caught up with your thread. I am being banded at Dolan Park on the 17th May, so I'm getting nervous.

Did the dietician contact you before you started the diet? I need to talk to one because I can't tolerate very much milk, so I am hoping I can just do a VLC diet.

Did you ask about the 5 holes they will make? I wondered whether the would be stitched or stapled and how long you need to not get them wet? Do you know.

Well done for getting half way, I'll be keeping track now. Good luck.

HI,
Yeah the dietician phoned me a couple of weeks ago to go through everything, and what to use after the op for pain relief etc. Have you had a gastric band booklet sent to you? All the info is in there. Not sure about the holes they will make, I think they are glued and I will have to have a check up with the District nurse a week after the op to check my wounds are healing ok. Going off when I had my gall bladder out you have to keep them dry for a week or 2 which was quite easy to do in the shower.

Hope this helps :)

Hey everyone hope your all well,

I have a confession to make...... I'm now on day 6 of my milk diet but last night I felt so ill that I had some beans on toast :-(

I know I really shouldntve done but felt I really needed something to stop me feeling sick.

Back on track today, just hope I haven,t undone my hard work this week, after speaking to my friend who had a band 18 months ago and she telling me that she only had to follow a low fat diet per op, I think I'll be ok, should still have lost the 6 pounds I was advised to lose anyway x

I don't know for sure what the implications of eating will be but how long have you got left on the pre op diet? How much toast are we talking?
My only advice would be is if you get to the point you need to eat again instead of eating something that had carbs and fat (butter etc) then maybe have some chicken instead not that I'm saying to eat if you shouldn't be!!

Good luck hun only you can do this xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I don't know for sure what the implications of eating will be but how long have you got left on the pre op diet? How much toast are we talking?
My only advice would be is if you get to the point you need to eat again instead of eating something that had carbs and fat (butter etc) then maybe have some chicken instead not that I'm saying to eat if you shouldn't be!!

Good luck hun only you can do this xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

My op is on Tuesday so I have 2 full days left, I had 2 small rolls. If they ask at hospital ill just explain that I felt ill and had to eat something - probably should've had soup but that's all I had in

Good luck for tomorrow, I hope all goes well for you. I'm in on Wednesday 7am whooooohoooooo

Thank you, I will let you know how it went tomorrow, who's your consultant ? X

Good luck for tomorrow hun :)

Back