• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My journey starts today

Morning..three days to go Kursty, bet your excited, its suddenly becoming very real. At least you are straight in at 0930hrs, ive got to wait to go in at 1230and then my op will be in the afternoon. I will be pacing around and feeling sick most of the morning!!
Not long for us Sharon..im sticking to the diet well, no cravings and no desire to eat anything I shouldnt.
I just need to pack my bag next weekend then clean the house and pace around a bit!!

Morning..three days to go Kursty, bet your excited, its suddenly becoming very real. At least you are straight in at 0930hrs, ive got to wait to go in at 1230and then my op will be in the afternoon. I will be pacing around and feeling sick most of the morning!! Not long for us Sharon..im sticking to the diet well, no cravings and no desire to eat anything I shouldnt. I just need to pack my bag next weekend then clean the house and pace around a bit!!

Thanks love!!

So excited for Kursty and her updates! :)

I'm doing ok on liquids the past 2 days...someone at work was ordering dominos pizza and thankfully it was ate elsewhere...defo a weakness of mines xx

Xxx

Feeling very calm, also a bit detached but I do have butterflies in my tummy. Went into the city today to Buchanan galleries as I wanted ice lolly moulds from lakelandi came home and filled them. A slim fast fills 4 moulds. I have 8
Lollies made up. 4 chocolate and 4 Bananna. I tasted the slim fast they are actually very nice, not tried your fav yet KAR' the strawberry are still in the fridge. My only concern with the slim fast is the carbs nearly 30 a bottle. So I think I will only be allowing myself one a day and will have to make do with the other protein drinks for the rest of the day

I am in ketosis at the moment and don't really want to loss that as I start to get really hungry. But I suppose the first week is just about getting the liquids and the protein in

I am planning to do the Atkins plan when I am able to eat properly again as I never feel hungry on it. But normally can only manage it for a few weeks at a time as a night out, or special occasion comes up and I blow it, then I'm gone, into binge mode for weeks, sometimes even months. So I'm hoping the fact that our new tummies will not hold a lot in the future will mean it will be a whole load easier to stay on track with the low carb diet. I also carry most of my weight on my tummy. A real apple shape I have very regular sized arms and legs

Sent that last message too fast lol

When I was in town I went into John Lewis. I almost bought a size 16 business jacket in the sale from jigsaw. It was down from £149 to £59. I fell in love with it. But I gave myself a talking to. I am a size 20 to 22 just. Ow, so it won't fit and I expect we will be dropping down the sizes very rapidly so wouldn't fit for long when I got to a size 16.

I am a bit of a bargain hunter. I don't pay full price for anything :) we have a static down In Powfoot on the Solway firth and we are just a few miles away from Gretna Gateway, so I stock up wi all my doggy walking gear from the Berghaus outlet, when I see the already greatly reduced items on a further sale. Unfortunately I can't buy the pretty pastel ladies stuff as they only do up to a 20 and it's a very neat 20. I buy the men's stuff. But not for long. I get loads from the marks outlet, again off the reduced rail. They had a massive sale on at the start of the summer and I got fifteen items including a couple of twiggy range dresses (how ironic) for £55

You know a shop I go into and pick up lovely David Emanuel stuff from..Bonmarche --- although I always ask myself, what am I doing in this auld wumin shop, but then I remind myself that at 54 I actually am that auld wumin lol. I was in the other day and got a really lovely classy black and fawn channel style woolen cardi reduced from £50 to £8. I think because the David Emanuel range is pretty expensive, it does not always sell and is alway available when they have a sale. My wee cardi was and 18 and I am sure will fit me in the next few weeks or couple of months

But I will pay for business attire. I work from home mostly but do a fair amount of meetings, often involving solicitors, and these female solicitors are always anorexic looking with the classy classy classy business suits. So I sometimes have to pay a fortune for jackets, but can so etimes pick up a kalico or Gerry webber in T K MAXX.

It will be pradamark for me, or as Chrystal does, the charity shop while I go down the sizes...will take me back to my student days lol

So my very rambling point is.......I was dead excited looking at gorgeous classy gear that I might be in by this time next year :) :) :)

So how are you girls feeling

Got a bit of a shock about Sabrina....went into a bit of a wobbler. Lol. But thankfully she seems a lot better

Hi Kursty
I have just been referred by my GP so I am a fair bit behind you! Best of luck and I will be watching your progress with great interest. I am really excited for you and the beginning of your new life! :)

What's the update with Sabrina ?? Is she ok?

I've still got smaller clothes that I can't wait to get in to again! I will have lots of clothes to give away once I start losing so will let you know if anyone wants any! I bought a lovely coat this winter, not even worn it, so that will be up for grabs!

Kursty have you looked at the solicitors shoes though that always says a lot!! Mostly brantano!!

Sounds like you have had a great time shopping!
It's dangerous ... I'm a beggar for buying new stuff...

I'm more hour glass than Apple but have a big bum hips and legs! The issue is getting trousers past my thighs!!

KAR. Sabrina was in a special care unit. She stopped breathing and flatlined during surgery :-( :-( but she seems to be doing better

Sent that last message too fast lol When I was in town I went into John Lewis. I almost bought a size 16 business jacket in the sale from jigsaw. It was down from £149 to £59. I fell in love with it. But I gave myself a talking to. I am a size 20 to 22 just. Ow, so it won't fit and I expect we will be dropping down the sizes very rapidly so wouldn't fit for long when I got to a size 16. I am a bit of a bargain hunter. I don't pay full price for anything :) we have a static down In Powfoot on the Solway firth and we are just a few miles away from Gretna Gateway, so I stock up wi all my doggy walking gear from the Berghaus outlet, when I see the already greatly reduced items on a further sale. Unfortunately I can't buy the pretty pastel ladies stuff as they only do up to a 20 and it's a very neat 20. I buy the men's stuff. But not for long. I get loads from the marks outlet, again off the reduced rail. They had a massive sale on at the start of the summer and I got fifteen items including a couple of twiggy range dresses (how ironic) for £55 You know a shop I go into and pick up lovely David Emanuel stuff from..Bonmarche --- although I always ask myself, what am I doing in this auld wumin shop, but then I remind myself that at 54 I actually am that auld wumin lol. I was in the other day and got a really lovely classy black and fawn channel style woolen cardi reduced from £50 to £8. I think because the David Emanuel range is pretty expensive, it does not always sell and is alway available when they have a sale. My wee cardi was and 18 and I am sure will fit me in the next few weeks or couple of months But I will pay for business attire. I work from home mostly but do a fair amount of meetings, often involving solicitors, and these female solicitors are always anorexic looking with the classy classy classy business suits. So I sometimes have to pay a fortune for jackets, but can so etimes pick up a kalico or Gerry webber in T K MAXX. It will be pradamark for me, or as Chrystal does, the charity shop while I go down the sizes...will take me back to my student days lol So my very rambling point is.......I was dead excited looking at gorgeous classy gear that I might be in by this time next year :) :) :) So how are you girls feeling Got a bit of a shock about Sabrina....went into a bit of a wobbler. Lol. But thankfully she seems a lot better

I'm a bargain hunter as well, although I been restraining myself as refuse to buy any clothes until I drop some more weight !!! :)

Glad Sabrina ok now! Xx

Hi Kursty I have just been referred by my GP so I am a fair bit behind you! Best of luck and I will be watching your progress with great interest. I am really excited for you and the beginning of your new life! :)

Thanks babe. Your turn will come around faster than you think. It's like a runaway train once you get a surgery date in

Good morning peeps! Two more sleeps for me. Another pound and a quarter off this morning. Three quarters of a pound till I hit my pre op target of a stone. Hopefully I can do that in two days :) :) -)

Evening, well home and in my pyjamas ready for tv and bed!! Im a bit tired but think thats work as opposed to anything else.
Two more sleeps kursty, im excited for you now...
Im still not panicking about mine a week tomorrow but sure that will come.
Everyone seems to be doing well.

Not been able to eat much today. And I'm a bit quiet on here. Nerves really kicking in. Lol

Had a couple of chicken thighs and some chunky veg today. Out of the soup I strained for liquid stage then puréed all the remaining chicken and veg and put into containers. My freezer is bulging.

That was all I had eaten all day till 7.30. Had an aitkens daybreak bar and a cup of tea. Just can't face food today. Believe me that's an absolout first for me lol xx

Back