• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!
IMG_0323.jpg This photo was a major realisation to me that I couldn't be fat and miserable any longer!! I was lead in the bath one day after work, relaxing and I sank my self deeper to lie down. When I decided to get out .... I couldn't I was stuck and that was because my back fat had created such suction to the base of the bath it was painful to move! I eventually prized myself off! Later that evening my partner said what an earth is that on your back?!? It looks like love bites?!? ..... I was confused so he took a picture to show me and either side of my spine was bruising! I was so embarrassed but explained the reason behind it! And that just is not normal! A thin person wouldn't struggle with that!! A simple task of having a bath effected by my disgusting body.

First of all @Carby2barbie your body is not disgusting- it isn't where you want to be but it is not disgusting! I think a lot of us have been where you were with issues having a bath - we have been in our current house for over 6 years and I have never had one - what is the point when you can only put such a small amount of water in otherwise it will overflow - fed up of thighs creating a dam so water builds up behind, getting stuck or having trouble getting back out, or even in! However - on holiday recently I decided to have a bath and it was amazing! I remembered why I liked baths! You WILL get there! This is just one of the NSVs that you will tick off your list soon :)

@Hannah2 is right. I put a lot of work into accepting how I looked before WLS was definitely an option and I lost a little bit of weight without actually trying too and I think it's because I made healthier choices because I knew I was worth it. The years I spent talking to and about myself like I was a disgusting and horrible thing were the same years I put more and more weight on and was miserable. Frankly calling myself all the names under the sun just made me punish myself by eating more. Being kind to myself meant I deserved the more nutritious choices and that made me feel better about myself and so a much more positive cycle of thoughts and behaviour was established. That cycle is still going post WLS. I don't have the capacity for a lot of food so I deserve the most nutritious food. I never feel like I'm denying myself anything either because I'm not, I'm making the choices that work for me :)

I had major issues with the bath too but rather than beat yourself up, try being more compassionate to yourself? You're doing your best to help yourself - to the extent that you are about to have major surgery. You deserve to have the best quality of life you can, you want to be a healthier woman and you are working really really bloody hard to make that happen. You have every right to be proud of your hard work rather than beating yourself up for not being where you want to be overnight. I know it's an advert slogan now but you really are worth it x

Aww carby you will soon be on the losers bench and thisnkind of thing will be a distant memory.

I still hate the bath and always shower.
But that's to do with my spine more than weight.

3 more sleeps Hun x x

Omg I can finally say that I am getting done this week!! Well two more sleeps!!! Is this real? I don't feel like it is!! So scary how quick this time has gone! I can't stop worrying .... what if it doesn't work? What if I wake up?

But even worse ..... I have come on I'm so irregular usually and this time 28day cycle spot on!! Whattt?????? Will this effect anything does anyone know?? I'm in a panic now.

Help?!?!?!

Don't you just hate it when that happens! Happened to me for my knee surgery! You will be fine, but you won't be able to use a tampon - just a towel. I had to wear the paper knickers with a towel they gave me as I didn't have any - it was more like a nappy! So make sure you take some towels with you! The surgery for both my bypass and my laparoscopy brought me on earlier than I should have been!

Feeling sick!! Can't sleep and my alarm is due to go off at 4.30!! I worked 14hours today and I'm knackered.... why can't I sleep!!
I can't believe I'm nearly there! Although I had a meltdown leaving work as it was foggy and I had been warned if it was foggy it could effect my surgeon flying in :( and surgery being cancelled! Please don't let it be foggy!!
Mind is on over drive!
But such a delight to pop on the scales this evening and see that I have lost 1stone 5lb on the liver reduction diet making me 16st 13! I soooo wanted to be in that next stone bracket done before surgery even if it's only by a pound!!
I feel like I've forgotten something?!? Such a horrible feeling!

Good morning ! I'm hoping your surgeon made it in and it's all go ! Lots of luck today
Xxxxxx

After 1 and half hours sleep.... I'm here feeling sick as anything!! Just had my blood sugars taken and weight! I'm unpacked and twiddling my thumbs as I watch the flight plans coming in to Southampton! And the plane has left!!! Yayayyayayayay!!! Pretty much left now to do whatever..... pacing the room! Unpacked and playing with the electric bed! The smell of toast as was getting weighed sure made me dribble!

Good luck! Hopefully you won't be waiting around long - my surgery was delayed by over 2 hours as the previous surgery over ran and that waiting was the worst!

Stay positive and remember why you chose surgery and what you are looking forward to after losing weight!

Everything crossed you are done, dusted and recovering nicely by now x

Welcome you loser ! Welcome to the losers bench ..
Now do as your told and be a good girl .. take it super easy ..

Thank you everyone!! Can't believe I'm not on the count down anymore!! Just about to be brought my first cup of water! Fingers are sore from all the blood sugar counts .... but other than that tummy feels a little tender and my shoulders killing!! I'm so surprised about the pain and no sickness ... I have been so lucky!! I even managed a walk last night, everyone seems very impressed. Xxxx

Have you some windeze pills ? The suckable ones , they work very well .. or just try and windmill your arms ..
when I had my band I had to stand up at the window sill and contort myself like a hippo ballerina! Wriggling butt and shoulders to shift wind .. hubby thought it hilarious , .. swine ... hahaha !

Thank you everyone!! Can't believe I'm not on the count down anymore!! Just about to be brought my first cup of water! Fingers are sore from all the blood sugar counts .... but other than that tummy feels a little tender and my shoulders killing!! I'm so surprised about the pain and no sickness ... I have been so lucky!! I even managed a walk last night, everyone seems very impressed. Xxxx
Glad to hear you're feeling ok, I was given infacol by the hospital for the wind pain, sometimes my hubby rubbed my back (it was like winding a huge baby ) but it definitely helped! Xxx

Back