• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Journey

Ian2Big

So @Bling Babe , asked how the gym was going. Well just finished my 3 visit to e-gym this week and had an hour with personal trainer, so getting back in the habit of going.
Since this is my 6th visit to e-gym, it rechecks my strength and calculates my biological age. On average, my max strength is up by 20% and my biological age is now only 73 down from 80. So it is working and I am actually enjoying it.
Got back on a treadmill this week, just to push myself, So I timed myself doing 1 Km on Monday it took me 9 mins 32 secs, today I did it 8 mins 18 secs, so really happy. My aim will be to do it in 6 mins but that is way off yet, once i get to around 7 mins 30 secs I will start increasing the distance. Burns a few calories.

Not a long distance runner, hate it at school, but actually quited liked sprinting.

Bling Babe

So @Bling Babe , asked how the gym was going. Well just finished my 3 visit to e-gym this week and had an hour with personal trainer, so getting back in the habit of going.
Since this is my 6th visit to e-gym, it rechecks my strength and calculates my biological age. On average, my max strength is up by 20% and my biological age is now only 73 down from 80. So it is working and I am actually enjoying it.
Got back on a treadmill this week, just to push myself, So I timed myself doing 1 Km on Monday it took me 9 mins 32 secs, today I did it 8 mins 18 secs, so really happy. My aim will be to do it in 6 mins but that is way off yet, once i get to around 7 mins 30 secs I will start increasing the distance. Burns a few calories.

Not a long distance runner, hate it at school, but actually quited liked sprinting.
Sounds like your doing really well Ian, really inspirational xx

Ian2Big

Hi Folks,
It is National Eye Health week and as someone who works for a visual impaired charity, it is important to look after your eyes.
If you have had surgery and your diabetes seems to be under control with diet only, make sure that you remain on your GP's diabetic register. This will mean that you still get your annual eye check , foot check etc. The annual eye check for diabetic retinopathy is important and may identify other eye issues well before you begin to notice them.

Ian2Big

Hi Folks,
Well today is 39 weeks since surgery and I have lost 34kg (5st 5lbs) since then. The last 6-7 weeks have been fairly stable but my body does this. That is why dieting never succeeded as I would get discouraged and fall off the wagon. The difference now is my mindset - I ain't going back.
My wardrobe is rapidly emptying and so are only buying clothes as and when I need too. I always had too many clothes in various sizes, now when they are too big, they either get recycled or charity shop depending on the quality.

Maria61

Hi Folks,
Well today is 39 weeks since surgery and I have lost 34kg (5st 5lbs) since then. The last 6-7 weeks have been fairly stable but my body does this. That is why dieting never succeeded as I would get discouraged and fall off the wagon. The difference now is my mindset - I ain't going back.
My wardrobe is rapidly emptying and so are only buying clothes as and when I need too. I always had too many clothes in various sizes, now when they are too big, they either get recycled or charity shop depending on the quality.
Well done Ian, you should be very proud x

Ian2Big

Well done Ian, you should be very proud x
Thanks, yes I am. Just focusing on getting the strength back in my muscles.The muscle is there but they are quite weak and have been under used for a long time, but it is improving each week. Told my personal trainer that I would like to be able to hang from my arms , something i could never do even as a child, so that is my goal sometime in the next 6 months.

Maria61

Thanks, yes I am. Just focusing on getting the strength back in my muscles.The muscle is there but they are quite weak and have been under used for a long time, but it is improving each week. Told my personal trainer that I would like to be able to hang from my arms , something i could never do even as a child, so that is my goal sometime in the next 6 months.
Mine was to do a spin class and I have done it. Don’t like bikes but still needed to do it. Next aim to weigh less than the husband, half a stone between us now xx

Irene44

Hi Folks,

Well done sweets you have done staggeringly well :) Definitely no going back :)

Emma1504

Hi Folks,

You sound so positive it’s great to hear. That’s a great loss well done. Think clothes buying may become my next obsession after WLS lol!

I have never been able to hang from my arms it Lunds like a great goal to set. I will be watching this space!

Bling Babe

Ian that’s fantastic and so good to hear you have set goals for your strength too, very well done x

Sarnie

Hi Folks,
Well done Ian, that's a great loss on the scales and sounds like even better with the inch loss as you now have a practically empty wardrobe. At least you know your pattern, which sounds pretty much like mine, but this time you'll be able to overcome that stall now you have the tool to help you x

_Victoria_

Hi Folks,

Congratulations, Ian! You're doing so well and sound so determined. You'll be hanging from your arms in no time :D x

_Victoria_

I completely agree, Ian! I think small, achievable goals help to keep us motivated and that's exactly what we need to keep us chugging along. All the NSVs help with that also :D It's lovely to see you're doing so well.

Ian2Big

Well it is 2 years since I had my first appointment at Luton. How time seems to fly.
A loss of 54 Kg ( 8.5 St), since my first appointment and 33 kg since surgery, still about 4kg from my target of 110kg, aiming to lose it before mid January when back at L&D.

Irene44

Amazing job that’s a big loss Ian :)

Maria61

Well it is 2 years since I had my first appointment at Luton. How time seems to fly.
A loss of 54 Kg ( 8.5 St), since my first appointment and 33 kg since surgery, still about 4kg from my target of 110kg, aiming to lose it before mid January when back at L&D.
Fantastic, congratulations you should be so proud of yourself xx

Bling Babe

Well done Ian, that’s fantastic and your so close to your target now, how’s the gym been going ?

Ian2Big

So the gym is going fine, been a bit slacking over the last 3 weeks as have had lots of baking to do for christmas markets and of course then attending them. Only another week and then I am having 3 weeks away visiting family, so no gym. will restart in January. The gym has recalulated my biological age now at 61 not bad since in sept it was 81, only 3 more years and it will be true. Although I would like to get it down some more.
NSV- clothing , looks like I will need to buy some new trousers over christmas break, as every pair I have are really too big ( never thought I would say that) was 54" waist now the 42" ones are too big.
So a very happy chap here.