• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My story so far... (finally got my date!!)

Oh that's good! I'm glad its normal then. It didn't start happening until i got home so i obviously didn't ask the doctor about it. My mom and sisters wanted me to stay an extra night but i think if they're saying you can go home you must be fine to go home so there was no way i was staying there longer than i needed to lol
I tried some watered down vegetable soup yesterday that i strained too but stopped at like 8 baby teaspoons 'cause i didn't wanna risk eating too much.
I was given the chicken soup in the hospital and only managed a few spoons. You will find you’ll start managing more as the days go on. I was on 200ml through the liquid stage and made my own soups so I could add more protein. I only used chicken soup the first couple of days. Hope it’s all getting a little easier for you. X

Thank you. What are u managing to eat since your opp?.This pre opp diet is doing my head in, it was so hard in the beginning first 4 days nearly killed me. Esp when my son wanted me to cook him a roast!.
I get so excited just thinking about this year and what is ahead of me/us xxx

So very, very pleased for you! Hope you have a very speedy and uneventful recovery!

Thanks @OkieGirl! Everything has been okay so far so i'm hoping it continues this way!

So happy for you. I had pain in my shoulder from the gas but only walking helped. Hope it settles down, people say peppermint tea helps. Xxxx

Thanks @Maria61. I'm happy for me too although it still doesn't quite feel real. I have been trying to burp as often as i can to make sure i don't suffer too much from the wind pain. That was the thing i felt the most in recovery. Like a ache in my chest but it got better every time i did a little burp so i put it down to wind.

Congratulations hunny for being on looser bench hunny. Xxxx

Thanks @Lottiewishes! It feel like it took forever to get here now i'm hoping it's all going to be worth it :D

Congraulations and glad you are feeling well got my bypass on the 8th march my family has started to get a bit worried about me but i think they know my mind is made up i love them to bits all the same ill look forward to your up dates and the start of your new lifexx

Hey Sandra, Thank you! :) The 8th of March will come so soon. Are you excited? My family started to get worried too. My mom and one of my sisters both started telling me "horror" stories and saying they didn't want me to have it. But when they knew i wasn't going to change my mind they were still supportive. I think we make this choice for ourselves and it doesn't matter what other people think because at the end of the day we're the ones that have to find our own happiness, They can't find that for us. I don't think anyone takes this extreme lightly so the fact you've come this far must mean it's something you really want for yourself so keep at it!! :) Xx

@_Victoria_ . Great that you finally got it done and are at home resting.
The hospital suggested water and clear soup / stock cube for the first 2 days, although was allowed tea or coffee. Small and often is the key. I started taking my meds with chocolate milk (crusha mix and milk) to disguise the taste. A week on I can take most of them whole. Still have chewable vitamins.

Thank you @Ian2Big I'm really glad you got to have the surgery done too!! It's nice we're both now on the losers bench :D How are you coping so far with everything? I think i'm being extra cautious 'cause i really don't want to be sick haha. I'm Managing to get in my vitamins but the fluids are lacking hard right now.

Good to hear that you are doing so well. I am really pleased it finally happened for you.
Looking forward to reading your updates x

Thanks Emma! How are you feeling? Sorry i didn't answer your bag packing question. I just took normal stuff really. Clothes, vaseline, stuff i needed for a shower and to wash my face and brush my teeth, my iPad.. that's about it. I didn't use most of what i took anyway because i was only there for just shy of 30 hours lol

I was given the chicken soup in the hospital and only managed a few spoons. You will find you’ll start managing more as the days go on. I was on 200ml through the liquid stage and made my own soups so I could add more protein. I only used chicken soup the first couple of days. Hope it’s all getting a little easier for you. X

They only gave me water in the hospital and then towards the time i was coming home they tried me with some blackcurrant but it wasn't very nice so i stuck to the water.
My sister said shes gonna make me some home made soup but i think i'm gonna save it for the later stages 'cause i'm eating so little and it's so watered down it seems like a shame the delightful home made soup will go to waste. I do need to work on getting more protein in though for sure!!

Thank you. What are u managing to eat since your opp?.This pre opp diet is doing my head in, it was so hard in the beginning first 4 days nearly killed me. Esp when my son wanted me to cook him a roast!.
I get so excited just thinking about this year and what is ahead of me/us xxx

I haven't managed to eat much at all. I managed around 200ml of milk and 10 teaspoons of watered down and strained chicken noodle soup yesterday and that's the most i've had so far. I'm taking extra care though because i hate being sick so don't wanna push myself too far and have that happen.
Which pre op diet are you doing? We had a choice of 5 at my hospital and i chose the real food one so i was lucky that i could eat actual food until the day before my surgery which i'm hoping will make this liquid stage easier for me because it's only for 2 weeks.
Roasts are my favourite that would have killed me!! I feel for you for sure :(

Hey Sandra, Thank you! :) The 8th of March will come so soon. Are you excited? My family started to get worried too. My mom and one of my sisters both started telling me "horror" stories and saying they didn't want me to have it. But when they knew i wasn't going to change my mind they were still supportive. I think we make this choice for ourselves and it doesn't matter what other people think because at the end of the day we're the ones that have to find our own happiness, They can't find that for us. I don't think anyone takes this extreme lightly so the fact you've come this far must mean it's something you really want for yourself so keep at it!! :) Xx
I am so angry just got a phonexall from luton and dunstable to say that they made a mistake given my a op date after i have been on list since september because i havent had a mdt appointment so they will give me an appointment to someone else and i have to have the m.d.t on the 12th of febuary i am hoping that after i have seen them that i dont have to wait 18 weeks again she said i dont have to see the surgeon again but im not very happy about this wasnt told any of this

They only gave me water in the hospital and then towards the time i was coming home they tried me with some blackcurrant but it wasn't very nice so i stuck to the water.
My sister said shes gonna make me some home made soup but i think i'm gonna save it for the later stages 'cause i'm eating so little and it's so watered down it seems like a shame the delightful home made soup will go to waste. I do need to work on getting more protein in though for sure!!
I wasn’t allowed to go home until I was eating and drinking a certain amount. Try to get your protein in as it will help with your recovery and weight loss. I know it’s hard though!

I am so angry just got a phonexall from luton and dunstable to say that they made a mistake given my a op date after i have been on list since september because i havent had a mdt appointment so they will give me an appointment to someone else and i have to have the m.d.t on the 12th of febuary i am hoping that after i have seen them that i dont have to wait 18 weeks again she said i dont have to see the surgeon again but im not very happy about this wasnt told any of this

Aw no i'm so sorry that's horrible!! I really hope you don't have to wait all over again and they will just squeeze that appointment in.

I wasn’t allowed to go home until I was eating and drinking a certain amount. Try to get your protein in as it will help with your recovery and weight loss. I know it’s hard though!

Thank you! I will for sure. My protein powder i ordered came yesterday and i had 100ml of it and it seemed to be going down okay but i couldn't drink the whole 300ml, i felt like i couldn't fit it in. But it didn't come until late afternoon so i'm gonna start drinking that this morning and work my way through the 300ml all day today, taking sips here and there.

I'm sooooo over my clexane injections. So far they have been the worst thing for me. My stomach is bruised to **** and injecting myself makes me feel sick! I have 6 more to go and i'm counting!!

Thank you! I will for sure. My protein powder i ordered came yesterday and i had 100ml of it and it seemed to be going down okay but i couldn't drink the whole 300ml, i felt like i couldn't fit it in. But it didn't come until late afternoon so i'm gonna start drinking that this morning and work my way through the 300ml all day today, taking sips here and there.

Is it the protein from Myprotien? What flavour did you get? It's good that you were able to get some in at all. The protein will definitely help you with recovery.

I'm sooooo over my clexane injections. So far they have been the worst thing for me. My stomach is bruised to **** and injecting myself makes me feel sick! I have 6 more to go and i'm counting!!

Does it make you sick because of the medicine inside of it or just the fact that you are injecting it. I'm not looking forward to that part either. I've heard its like a pin prick but the thing is pin pricks hurt :eek:

Are you able to walk around and how is your gas pain?

Yeah i got it off my protein and it was the diet one that i got in chocolate fudge. There's only 4 flavours of the one i have. It's definitely hard to get everything in at first. I still haven't come close to 2 litres.

It just makes me feel sick because i have to inject it. They don't really hurt, or they haven't so far but i'm running out of space with no bruises so i imagine they're gonna hurt when i have to inject the already bruised part. They're horrible. I really can't wait until they're over.

I feel like i'm getting better every day thank you :D i expected it to be so much worse than what it has been so far. I don't know if that's because i was expecting the worst or just because it really isn't that bad. haha

@slimkim Sorry i forgot to answer your question about wind pain. For me it hasn't been bad at all really. I felt a bit of pain here and there, mostly when i first got out of surgery and had the bit of chest pain. But it's been really minimal for me. I have tried to make sure i burp as much as i can or not hold them in when i feel like i need to burp anyway which is A LOT more often than i used to.. but maybe that's kept the pain at bay.

I told myself i wasn't gonna weigh myself until Monday's but i've failed at that so far and weighed myself today... i'm down 9lbs since my surgery and it hasn't even been a week yet so i'm pretty amazed. I'm already lighter than i have been in the last 10 years which is crazy to get my head around. I know the loss is going to slow down, i'm not always expecting such big numbers to drop off but today i'm super happy with them! haha

INJECTIONS ARE OVER!! :woohoo:

I had my last one this morning and i already feel so much better just knowing i don't need to have anymore.

One bad thing is that i am struggling a little going to the bathroom (sorry for the TMI) so i did have to get laxatives from my GP yesterday but i know from reading lots of diaries on here that lots of people suffer the same so i'm just trying to take it in stride. It is super horrible and uncomfortable though!

I'm gonna end this post on a good note. One week after surgery and i'm down exactly 1 stone :D i can't actually believe it! Very happy.

That is such great news about the stone loss @_Victoria_ :0clapper:

I'm so happy to see you on the losers bench. I can't wait to join you.

Yay for last injection and FAB on loss xxx

Back