• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My story so far... (finally got my date!!)

_Victoria_

Well done on the fab weight loss. Sorry you have felt unwell and keep up the good work x

Thank you Maria! :D i saw that you're still losing too. Great job. I can only dream i will one day see 14 stone! Amazing Xx

Sounds like you’re doing great. I’ve used Deflatine the odd time I’ve had trapped wind. I’m sure you probably tried these or something similar. Hope it’s all settled.

I didn't really know what i could try and it was the weekend so i couldn't ask anyone so i had googled and was just sipping hot water towards the end of the night and i think that is what made it better

You are doing amazing.
Well done 3lb is really a really good achievement I can only hope tat one day I can be like you. x

Aw thanks so much Emma!! I still have a long long way to go but i think i've got off to a good start.

Congratulations on the weight loss and for recognizing that your feelings of regret would come and pass. It is such an emotional rollercoaster. You are doing so well.

Anything you could think of doing to increase your fluid intake? Do you have a bottle to carry around with you to keep sipping?

I always have water with me but i think it's the constant sipping and then feeling too full to want to sip anymore that stops me from reaching my target. Sometimes i just forget to sip too 'cause i was so used to just being able to guzzle once in a while. Hopefully i will get used to the new habits eventually and start getting more in.

Cat57

can I ask I have noticed a few of you have had the bypass, how did you make that decision, im still not sure which one i would have given the chance to choose, I was swaying towards the sleeve, but I really dont know !!

_Victoria_

Hey @Cat57 For me it was a case of having so much to lose.. With the bypass you're supposed to be able to lose the biggest percent of your excess weight in the shortest amount of time. I think it was something like 90% in the first 12-18 months. With the sleeve i think its supposed to be 80% in the first two years. But i suppose it differs for everyone depending on how well you work with it.

Bling Babe

can I ask I have noticed a few of you have had the bypass, how did you make that decision, im still not sure which one i would have given the chance to choose, I was swaying towards the sleeve, but I really dont know !!
Hiya for me I wanted a sleeve but due to acid reflux which was confirmed by a gastrocopy (which was horrendous) I have to have a bypass as acid reflux can often become much worse with a sleeve. Xx

_Victoria_

I've managed to get down 2 litres of water 4 days in a row now!! :D I'm so pleased. I was worried about not getting enough in knowing that i must have been dehydrated. I think it's proven that i am too because even with all that water i'm still only peeing 3 times a day which is a little worrying. Today seems better though so hopefully i'm catching up a little now.
I'm struggling a little with the head hunger today. It's strange because i don't really know when i actually feel real hunger or even when i feel full. I haven't pushed myself at all with eating and have so far stopped before i've had any pain. I guess i'm so used to eating enough to always have felt bloated that now i don't know what a normal "full" feeling is like. But i've found myself looking at fat and protein content on lots of things today and questioning if i can eat them or not. And i haven't actually eaten them so its not a total fail but it's definitely made me realise the battle is just as much in your mind as it is in your body.

slimkim

That's amazing @_Victoria_ getting in 2 litres for 4 days in a row. I totally know what you mean about not pushing yourself with eating. I had one bad episode and ever since then I've been super careful with eating. I stop well before I feel any pain or uncomfortable feelings.

It's also great that you are looking at the composition of your food. That will help you in the long run to develop healthy habits and keep the weight off once you are in maintenance.

Lottiewishes

Well done on water hunny xxx

_Victoria_

Thanks so much ladies! :) I'm feeling much happier today. I've still been getting my 2 litres of water in every day. The last few days i've been getting my calcium tablets and Vitamins down and then today i managed 56g of protein which is the closest i've got to the 60g a day target.
I've been suffering the monthly curse and still haven't eaten anything i shouldn't, not even a tiny bit of anything.. I've looked at the values on packets of crisps and realised it would be okay to have them because they're within my restrictions, looked at easter biscuits and told myself it would be okay to have half a biscuit... but still haven't actually eaten any of it.
I think before i was on the wagon out of fear of not being able to have surgery. But now, since having surgery, i like the idea of eating some things and then the little angel on my shoulder will say to me "is that packet of crisps really worth it? what did you have surgery for if you're going to give into those so easily?" and I'm not saying i'm never going to give in. I know there's going to be times that i cave and give into temptation or decide rationally to let myself have a treat. But i'm really glad that hasn't happened yet, especially at a time i think it would happen usually.
Being on solids makes me cheerful. The food you can eat, even though its usually low fat and low in sugar and you have to be aware of the protein content, is just normal food. You feel normal. Being able to eat a bit, feel full and throw the leftovers away seems like a waste at first but after a while i've started to feel liberated. I hope my little angel sticks around long enough that this new way of eating is actually the new normal and i don't actually want the things i was eating before.

Ninakate

Congratulations on having had your surgery @_Victoria_ and I’m glad to read that you are feeling happier now that you’re able to eat solids again :eating:. Keep up the great work you know you can do it xx :hugs:

Lottiewishes

Glad you can eat solids hunny xxx

_Victoria_

Thanks Ladies! The support and encouragement i get here always raises my spirits.. or keeps them high :D

@starryeyed Thank you! I thought that would be the case too but i think it helps a bit that i'm scared to get too full just in case i'm sick. I do feel full sometimes but honestly i haven't really felt hungry yet either. There's been maybe one or two times i've felt any kind of hunger. I think the reason i don't ever feel overly full is because i take so long to eat anything i get the normal full feeling and stop as soon as i do so i don't get stuffed. It's weird that some days you can eat all of something and the next day you can have exactly the same thing and only eat half.

I had my first followup appointment last Monday (March 12th) It was a group meeting with a dietitian so i was really nervous about it because i'm a really shy/anxious person and didn't really want to sit in a group. It was fine though. There were 4 of us there including me and everyone was nice so i had no reason to worry. I went there dreading it and came out feeling accomplished. It made me feel like i'd been doing a good job so far. It also felt a lot easier for me to move around!! It gave me a confidence i haven't felt for a long time. I've always been disabled. I was born with a number of things wrong with me that have been with me my whole life but they were made so much worse by my extra weight to the point i won't really leave my house. But the day after that appointment i attempted to walk around my block and made it 3 quarters of the way! I haven't quite recovered yet, my legs are still hurting haha but it makes me feel great because they are hurting because i tried something new and positive.

I don't have an official weigh day yet because i'm stepping on the scales whenever it takes my fancy. But yesterday i weighed myself and i'm down to 24 stone 13lb. I was so happy!! I haven't been this weight for over 10 years. Because i have so much to lose i haven't set myself a main goal weight. I don't know how much seems likely. So instead i decided to set myself different mini targets. My first one was to reach 25 stone. So to be in the 24s means i've reached that target and it gives me so much hope for my future. I'm so happy i decided to go through with this. I feel like it's already making my life so much better and i feel so much more positive.

Lottiewishes

Yay for new low weight well done hunny xxxx

slimkim

I am so pleased for you @_Victoria_ What a fab NSV going out and walking most of the way around your block and super fab weight loss with surpassing your first mini goal. You will continue to break through those barriers that were holding you back. :D

Maria61

Thanks Ladies! The support and encouragement i get here always raises my spirits.. or keeps them high :D

@starryeyed Thank you! I thought that would be the case too but i think it helps a bit that i'm scared to get too full just in case i'm sick. I do feel full sometimes but honestly i haven't really felt hungry yet either. There's been maybe one or two times i've felt any kind of hunger. I think the reason i don't ever feel overly full is because i take so long to eat anything i get the normal full feeling and stop as soon as i do so i don't get stuffed. It's weird that some days you can eat all of something and the next day you can have exactly the same thing and only eat half.

I had my first followup appointment last Monday (March 12th) It was a group meeting with a dietitian so i was really nervous about it because i'm a really shy/anxious person and didn't really want to sit in a group. It was fine though. There were 4 of us there including me and everyone was nice so i had no reason to worry. I went there dreading it and came out feeling accomplished. It made me feel like i'd been doing a good job so far. It also felt a lot easier for me to move around!! It gave me a confidence i haven't felt for a long time. I've always been disabled. I was born with a number of things wrong with me that have been with me my whole life but they were made so much worse by my extra weight to the point i won't really leave my house. But the day after that appointment i attempted to walk around my block and made it 3 quarters of the way! I haven't quite recovered yet, my legs are still hurting haha but it makes me feel great because they are hurting because i tried something new and positive.

I don't have an official weigh day yet because i'm stepping on the scales whenever it takes my fancy. But yesterday i weighed myself and i'm down to 24 stone 13lb. I was so happy!! I haven't been this weight for over 10 years. Because i have so much to lose i haven't set myself a main goal weight. I don't know how much seems likely. So instead i decided to set myself different mini targets. My first one was to reach 25 stone. So to be in the 24s means i've reached that target and it gives me so much hope for my future. I'm so happy i decided to go through with this. I feel like it's already making my life so much better and i feel so much more positive.
Well done you are doing great x

OkieGirl

This is all so fantastic @_Victoria_ ! I'm so pleased that you're doing so well and already seeing NSVs. I think it's amazing how many facets of our lives that being overweight touches upon. It's one of those things that if your weight gain has been gradual over the years, you don't even realize the full impact until you're able to start dropping the pounds and reclaiming your life.

Lottiewishes

Hope your last few days have been ok? Xxc

_Victoria_

I am so pleased for you @_Victoria_ What a fab NSV going out and walking most of the way around your block and super fab weight loss with surpassing your first mini goal. You will continue to break through those barriers that were holding you back. :D

Thanks so much @slimkim!! It's still hard to believe really... It does make me excited for my future though :D