• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My story so far... (finally got my date!!)

_Victoria_

Hi Victoria,
Thank you, I'm nervous and excited but won't believe its happening until I go to theatre. I haven't got a diary on here as don't know how or where to start it?

I was exactly the same. I said i wouldn't believe i was gonna have it until i'd had it. Even in there i thought something was gonna go wrong and i'd wake up without it. haha When they woke me up in recovery and told me i'd had the bypass and it went well i breathed a huge sigh of relief. How are things for you now? Did you start a diary?

_Victoria_

Hello lovely people :hugs: I hope you're all doing okay. I haven't been spending much time online but wanted to come on, give a quick update and catch up with everyones diaries.

Weight wise i'm lighter now than i ever believed i would be - even after surgery. I always told my family i didn't think i'd get below the 19 stone range and now i'm 18 stone 11lb. I know that's still big to most people but for me it's such a dramatic change. i'm down to a size 22 in clothes now too so can shop in a whole bunch of places which is crazy. I look at clothes i COULD fit into all the time now. I still don't buy many though because i'm hoping i won't fit into them for long lol.

I feel like i've had so many NSVs that i couldn't even list them all. Learning to drive is the main one i think. I'm 7 lessons in now and it still blows my mind to think i'm actually doing it after so many years of wanting to do it. I can see my hips in clothes, feel my ribs when i'm laying down, cross my legs, I HAVE A LAP NOW! haha I can actually rest things on it like a plate or my ipad rather then my belly just being there. I can help my mom with her housework, i go outside more, i can walk further... there's just so many things that make me happy every day that i pushed myself to have the surgery. It's honestly the best thing i've ever done for myself. It makes me hopeful for my future :)

Irene44

Aw Thanks Irene, you're so lovely! You look like you've lost a lot of weight too from your profile picture. Amazing. I need to read your diary!

Hi gorgeous girl nice to see you back again xxx. So fantastic that you are doing so well. It’s wonderful I’m so happy for you xx

Maria61

Hello lovely people :hugs: I hope you're all doing okay. I haven't been spending much time online but wanted to come on, give a quick update and catch up with everyones diaries.

Weight wise i'm lighter now than i ever believed i would be - even after surgery. I always told my family i didn't think i'd get below the 19 stone range and now i'm 18 stone 11lb. I know that's still big to most people but for me it's such a dramatic change. i'm down to a size 22 in clothes now too so can shop in a whole bunch of places which is crazy. I look at clothes i COULD fit into all the time now. I still don't buy many though because i'm hoping i won't fit into them for long lol.

I feel like i've had so many NSVs that i couldn't even list them all. Learning to drive is the main one i think. I'm 7 lessons in now and it still blows my mind to think i'm actually doing it after so many years of wanting to do it. I can see my hips in clothes, feel my ribs when i'm laying down, cross my legs, I HAVE A LAP NOW! haha I can actually rest things on it like a plate or my ipad rather then my belly just being there. I can help my mom with her housework, i go outside more, i can walk further... there's just so many things that make me happy every day that i pushed myself to have the surgery. It's honestly the best thing i've ever done for myself. It makes me hopeful for my future :)
Well done Victoria and so great to feel the happiness in this post xxxx

J

Jonicorn

Oh you're amazing. I can relate to the lap thing too!! When I finally rested something on my lap I was sat there thinking...hmm why haven't I done this before, it seems so convenient. And then I remembered, I didn't have a lap, my belly was taking up all the room haha.

Im really excited for you being able to shop in so many different stores.

haha right?! Maxi dresses work wonders, i know this... NOW! It's a flattering dress, i cant take all the credit. in fact... ALL the credit goes to the dress haha

Absolutely not. The dress is just material...you're wearing IT. Its not wearing you!!

Jackiesfatplan

Ill tell u what are very flattering for the plus size figure playsuits have a shop on ebay u will pick loads up very cheap or sell ur clothes that are too big now on ebay to buy smaller i lost lot of weight few years ago and i sold my over size 20 upto size 30 on ebay i made just short of 400

Irene44

Ill tell u what are very flattering for the plus size figure playsuits have a shop on ebay u will pick loads up very cheap or sell ur clothes that are too big now on ebay to buy smaller i lost lot of weight few years ago and i sold my over size 20 upto size 30 on ebay i made just short of 400

Will be doing some listing on eBay now I think hehe xxx

Irene44

If u work ebay right its like a swap shop i love ebay ..large clothes sell a treat as there normally from simply be or evens and cost more new

I buy a lot of my clothes from eBay love it. My stuff ranges from 16-22 so will see how they sell if not they will go to local Hospice shop :) just the thought of listing them all is a pain might all end up at the shop anyway lol xx be nice to get a few quid though as need some new hiking trousers. I got some lovely Skarpa hike boots off eBay they are so very heavy lol like walking with lead weights on my feet but they are a very expensive brand and definitely non slip so will just have to get used to wearing hiking boots again Be great toning boots haha xx

Sarnie

This makes me so happy reading this Victoria, you have done so amazingly well and I'm sure you are going to lose even more weight in time and reap even more benefits, you are a true inspiration to me, as like me you had a bigger starting weight and I can see through you what can be achieved, thank you so much for checking in and giving us an update and also still supporting us on our journeys it means a lot xx

Bling Babe

Hi Victoria it’s so lovely to hear from you especially with all that positive news, you are doing so amazingly well, I’m speechless at your fantastic weight loss, just incredible, it’s always so lovely to hear of the different positive changes to people’s lives and I’m very happy for you. Thank you for checking in with us, it’s always very welcomed xxx

_Victoria_

Oh you're amazing. I can relate to the lap thing too!! When I finally rested something on my lap I was sat there thinking...hmm why haven't I done this before, it seems so convenient. And then I remembered, I didn't have a lap, my belly was taking up all the room haha.

Im really excited for you being able to shop in so many different stores.

Absolutely not. The dress is just material...you're wearing IT. Its not wearing you!!

Haha aw thanks so much! And EXACTLY!! The whole lap thing comes in handy.

_Victoria_

This makes me so happy reading this Victoria, you have done so amazingly well and I'm sure you are going to lose even more weight in time and reap even more benefits, you are a true inspiration to me, as like me you had a bigger starting weight and I can see through you what can be achieved, thank you so much for checking in and giving us an update and also still supporting us on our journeys it means a lot xx

Aw Thank you, Sarnie! :hugs: I was actually heavier than you when i started my journey. I was 32st 8lb at my first appointment. My Starting weight on here is from the day of my surgery. It doesn't seem like you need any inspiration at all!! You're doing so well yourself. Loving your new profile picture :D x

_Victoria_

Hi Victoria it’s so lovely to hear from you especially with all that positive news, you are doing so amazingly well, I’m speechless at your fantastic weight loss, just incredible, it’s always so lovely to hear of the different positive changes to people’s lives and I’m very happy for you. Thank you for checking in with us, it’s always very welcomed xxx

Thanks, Bling!! You're doing Amazing yourself. Yours is one of the few diaries i make sure i check whenever I'm online now. It's nice you keep so up to date with everything... I'll always come back here to check in. I would have gone completely crazy without having these forums and the people on here to turn to over the course of my journey x

Sarnie

Aw Thank you, Sarnie! :hugs: I was actually heavier than you when i started my journey. I was 32st 8lb at my first appointment. My Starting weight on here is from the day of my surgery. It doesn't seem like you need any inspiration at all!! You're doing so well yourself. Loving your new profile picture :D x
Thanks hun, we all some inspiration sometimes. I hope you are well x

Irene44

Hey hunni nice to see you how you Diddling xx