• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Neen-slimfast milkshake recipe??

Neen

WLS Moderator
That's allright Sarah xx Anything that helps us along is worth having a bash at...if it can sort my inner cookie monster, it's pretty effective!

Miss hungry

7 stone lighter!
Hiya Sweetie

I use a jug blender
About a dozen ice cubes Or more sometimes!!

Choc slimfast powder (2 scoops as per tin instructions)
250ml semi skim milk (adds 30 cals to serving)
I table spoon cocoa powder (12 cals)

Put the milk in add a load of ice to just cover the milk sort of level
Add your slimfast and cocoa (obviously you can add things like coffee granules to vanilla slimfast etc for different variants)
Put ze lid on (hee hee)
Whizzz!!!!

I usually have to switch off and just dislodge any big chunks of ice from the blades once or twice...depends how rough and tough your blender is!!

Drop in ice any further ice cubes while mixing til the consistancy is a bit like macdonalds milkshake/soft ice cream

This makes around 2 pints of thick shake thanks to the ice bulking it out.

All two pints comes to 272 cals when mixed as above and can be thick enough to eat with a spoon depending on the amount of ice

Just near enough to ice cream to trick my naughty streak and bloat me enough that I don't need to eat for the whole evening but could be lovely as a meal replacement in the hot weather!

I used sugar free syrups to add a bit of pizazz to the standard flavours and that way didn't get too bored last time I used them in the Summer xxx
Hope that's helpful
I must have aclear out in my freezer so I can get some ice in, 'cause that sounds fab!

Neen

WLS Moderator
It's sort of made my evenings bearable Karen! Cos I would have that habit of wanting sweet stuff all night even though I knew I wasn't hungry as such. So the calories for this mush up don't take me over my limit and it just makes so much, tastes a lot better with ice and bloats me out to the eyeballs so I cannot and do not fancy eating anything else all evening. Lifesaver for me I tell ya x

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
I make exactly the same but with protein shakes which and no milk and its about 98 cals and 20grms of protein, i add coffee or the sugar free syrups or sugar free flavourings that come in the little bottle in the cake making section as they r much cheaper than the sugar free syrups, although i dont use milk mine comes out just like a macd`s milkshake and very yummy sometimes i eat it with a spoon as its so thick.
From next week am going to revert back to the equivalent cals of the milk diet but with my protein shakes as i need to get this last 3 stone off b4 my next app to be referred for my plastics, not going to be easy but well worth it in the long run xxx

Neen

WLS Moderator
Thanks Roch! I'm glad you have tried a similar thing with protein shakes as I was a bit worried for bypassers in case the slimfast wasn't suitable for them !
You can get some really nice sugar free syrups if you shop around online a bit xx
Hopefully we will get the hot weather back as this thick shake is a really nice meal replacement and not too bad to use when the weathers nice, you don't feel like you're missing out so much xxx