• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie Sleever from London

I'm so glad it's not just me whose been a little naughty Tules! Hope your having a good week Rinata, can't believe your nearly on normal food!! Roll on the next 2 weeks for me!

Well KatD, if sounds like confession time.... Why have you been naughty and how? As you know, Tules is a rebel. Beware, you'll be led astray by that Wiley fox!!! Lol.

Thanks.... Only THREE days to go before I'm on soft foods... Not that I'm counting down of course!! Saw my Surgeon yesterday and he's very pleased with my progress and now my "chronic stitch" has gone, I'm feeling much better!

Had a lightbulb moment today!!.....

I've been hanging out my washing in the garden for years, and been SOOO embarrassed and hanging my HUGE underwear discreetly on the washing carousel so that my neighbours didn't see my underwear. They were always the last items to be hung and the first to be removed!! And as I was taking down the washing, I thought that in a few months time, I'll never have that mortified feeling of my humongous knickers being on display as I'll have much smaller smalls on display.... I've got a good mind to flaunt them across the garden for all to see!!! Ha ha ha. Even the rest of my massive clothes next to my husband's "skinny" clothes will be a thing of the past soon too!!!........... Well it's the small things that will make a big difference!!!! I CANNOT WAIT!!!!

Does anyone else think of that too?? Xx

Hopefully all the fish and Easter puns have dried up now. It's just not very BUNNY anymore!!

I'm much better thanks as my chronic stitch has gone now and I'm meeting my surgeon tomorrow... Fingers (hot) CROSSed (buns).... I know!! That was really lame!!!

Yes, we certainly picked the right time for our surgeries... Will definitely help knowing that summer is around the corner!!
Sounds like you're all prepared now for Monday... Do you know what time yours will be??? Enjoy these last days of freedom ( and I don't mean by having left over Easter eggs or going out for slap up meals!!). Xx

Glad your stitch has gone now, must be a relief :)

Haha love the hot cross buns pun. I'm all out of puns now you'll be glad to hear!

Yep, nearly ready. Got a facial and head massage in the morning, then I just need to make some soup, tidy my spare room and get a few bits of shopping then I'm officially ready. I've got my brother visiting Saturday and then Sunday I'll just finish packing and chill out.

The nurse said I'm probably first in as I'm diabetic. I hope I am so I'm not sat around cause I'll probably start worrying. I just want to get up, get there and bam, in the operating theatre! :)

Haha last days of freedom. 3 days left of my old life. It's kinda sad, but it's time to change. I'm ready for a new healthier and hopefully happier and more exciting life. :)

Enjoy your last few days before your next eating stage!!! :)

Had a lightbulb moment today!!.....

I've been hanging out my washing in the garden for years, and been SOOO embarrassed and hanging my HUGE underwear discreetly on the washing carousel so that my neighbours didn't see my underwear. They were always the last items to be hung and the first to be removed!! And as I was taking down the washing, I thought that in a few months time, I'll never have that mortified feeling of my humongous knickers being on display as I'll have much smaller smalls on display.... I've got a good mind to flaunt them across the garden for all to see!!! Ha ha ha. Even the rest of my massive clothes next to my husband's "skinny" clothes will be a thing of the past soon too!!!........... Well it's the small things that will make a big difference!!!! I CANNOT WAIT!!!!

Does anyone else think of that too?? Xx

Haha I've never hung my washing outside. I didn't want my neighbours confusing my knick knacks for one of those garden sails! Or wondering why I'd washed a tent :D

I think we should both buy the slinkiest knickers we can and proudly show off how small they are......once we're at target anyway! :)

Glad your stitch has gone now, must be a relief :) Haha love the hot cross buns pun. I'm all out of puns now you'll be glad to hear! Yep, nearly ready. Got a facial and head massage in the morning, then I just need to make some soup, tidy my spare room and get a few bits of shopping then I'm officially ready. I've got my brother visiting Saturday and then Sunday I'll just finish packing and chill out. The nurse said I'm probably first in as I'm diabetic. I hope I am so I'm not sat around cause I'll probably start worrying. I just want to get up, get there and bam, in the operating theatre! :) Haha last days of freedom. 3 days left of my old life. It's kinda sad, but it's time to change. I'm ready for a new healthier and hopefully happier and more exciting life. :) Enjoy your last few days before your next eating stage!!! :)

I think you really are set now.... And to end it with a facial and massage. Nice!!
That's nice that your BRAther is visiting tomorrow ( again, I couldn't resist an underwear pun now!!).
Hope you do get to go into surgery on time. Mine was supposed to be at 1000am but I didn't do into theatre until after 4pm as my surgeon had an emergency accident he had to deal with. All that hanging around was just PANTS!!! ... Ok, ok, no more underwear puns!!

Don't feel sad about your old life.. Think how exciting your NEW life will be like. The fact that summer is here too and you'll be losing weight, you won't feel as uncomfortable in the heat and the smaller clothes you can buy. I agree with you, we should buy the skimpiest underwear when we've downsized!!

Keep us posted as soon as you can after your op. We'll be waiting with baited breath!!

Have a lovely weekend and see you on the other side xx

I think you really are set now.... And to end it with a facial and massage. Nice!!
That's nice that your BRAther is visiting tomorrow ( again, I couldn't resist an underwear pun now!!).
Hope you do get to go into surgery on time. Mine was supposed to be at 1000am but I didn't do into theatre until after 4pm as my surgeon had an emergency accident he had to deal with. All that hanging around was just PANTS!!! ... Ok, ok, no more underwear puns!!

Don't feel sad about your old life.. Think how exciting your NEW life will be like. The fact that summer is here too and you'll be losing weight, you won't feel as uncomfortable in the heat and the smaller clothes you can buy. I agree with you, we should buy the skimpiest underwear when we've downsized!!

Keep us posted as soon as you can after your op. We'll be waiting with baited breath!!
Have a lovely weekend and see you on the other side xx

Haha you're really SOCKing it to me with these puns! I'll keep this message BRIEF(s) :)

Facial and head massage was lovely. So chilled now. That mist have been hard waiting round. One of those things I guess. I hope I am first but I'm fully prepared for a bit of a wait / weight :)

Oh yes can't wait to go clothes shopping. And start living! I'm excited again! Calm down dear :D

Hope you have a wonderful weekend, enjoy your soft food :) :) xxx

So excited for you nearly being on soft foods rinata! Cant wait to hear how u get on with them

Xx

Hi SM,

How are you feeling today? I've been trying soft foods a lit at a time and help make the transition easier and it is a weird feeling having to chew food now. I think my teeth have forgotten what to do!!

How's the liquid intake? You drinking more juice now?

Hope you're having a better day and that your shoulder is not giving you any more hassle!

Have a great weekend... Not long to go now before your next phase!! Xx

Haha you're really SOCKing it to me with these puns! I'll keep this message BRIEF(s) :) Facial and head massage was lovely. So chilled now. That mist have been hard waiting round. One of those things I guess. I hope I am first but I'm fully prepared for a bit of a wait / weight :) Oh yes can't wait to go clothes shopping. And start living! I'm excited again! Calm down dear :D Hope you have a wonderful weekend, enjoy your soft food :) :) xxx

Well BFB, not long to do now. I'm sure you must be counting down the hours now. Glad that you're nice and chilled now. Just stay that way throughout as that will really help you.

My wait was long but my best mate was there the whole time so the time seemed to fly by. I was just hoping that as long as they did me in the same day then I'll be fine. As I went private, I didn't really want to spend an extra night in hospital as an unnecessary cost!! I was really lucky that my surgeon kindly "did" me. The guy after me had to be done the following day!!

Are you having anyone with you the whole time? It really does help as it stops your mind from wondering too much. Even after the op, my friend was there til midnight and although I was heavily drugged up, it was really reassuring that I had someone familiar there if I needed them!!

Enjoy your last weekend of freedom and have a good time when your brother arrives.

Xx

Well BFB, not long to do now. I'm sure you must be counting down the hours now. Glad that you're nice and chilled now. Just stay that way throughout as that will really help you.

My wait was long but my best mate was there the whole time so the time seemed to fly by. I was just hoping that as long as they did me in the same day then I'll be fine. As I went private, I didn't really want to spend an extra night in hospital as an unnecessary cost!! I was really lucky that my surgeon kindly "did" me. The guy after me had to be done the following day!!

Are you having anyone with you the whole time? It really does help as it stops your mind from wondering too much. Even after the op, my friend was there til midnight and although I was heavily drugged up, it was really reassuring that I had someone familiar there if I needed them!!

Enjoy your last weekend of freedom and have a good time when your brother arrives.

Xx

Thanks Rinata. Oh that was lucky to be seen the same day at least. Must be hard to go in and then not have it, all day nil by mouth.

I'd rather be on my own actually. I think having my dad and stepmum there will make me worse. They're dropping me off and making sure I'm settled then they'll go. I'll be getting ready and no doubt having a few checks so I'll just chat to the nurses!! I'm sure I'm not the only bariatric patient that day so maybe I'll chat to them, providing they're not clearly sh*tting it cause I don't think that'll help me!!! Although if I have to calm anyone down, it might calm me down too. Someone else crisis is a lot easier to deal with lol. :)

That was nice of your friend to stay though. Nice to have people to rely on :)

Have a great weekend. Thanks for your message :) xxx

So glad your stitch has gone and your feeling better. Well jel that you a nearly on normal food!!

Confession time.... I'm still eating the kids Easter eggs!!

On the plus side lost 4lb this week, so happy lady :)

As for the knickers comments....you ladies make me laugh. My knickers never go on the line but maybe when I've lost all my weight I might put my underwear sets outside. Can't wait to get some lovely matching underwear and not for the hubby but for me!

Good luck with weigh in tomorrow. Xx

Thanks Rinata. Oh that was lucky to be seen the same day at least. Must be hard to go in and then not have it, all day nil by mouth. I'd rather be on my own actually. I think having my dad and stepmum there will make me worse. They're dropping me off and making sure I'm settled then they'll go. I'll be getting ready and no doubt having a few checks so I'll just chat to the nurses!! I'm sure I'm not the only bariatric patient that day so maybe I'll chat to them, providing they're not clearly sh*tting it cause I don't think that'll help me!!! Although if I have to calm anyone down, it might calm me down too. Someone else crisis is a lot easier to deal with lol. :) That was nice of your friend to stay though. Nice to have people to rely on :) Have a great weekend. Thanks for your message :) xxx

Yep, I was very lucky! I was already nil by mouth for about 20hrs... Maybe that was my surgeon's idea of the LSD as he didn't give me a diet..
Perhaps not your dad and stepmom if they make matters worse but if you've got a friend who can be with until you do go in as sometimes these things take longer. I hardly saw any of the nursing team. They were nowhere to be seen. I would've been lost without my best mate. Perhaps I should pimp him out to future patients!! Hhmmmm, there's a idea!!!

Anyway, where's Richard Gere when you need him?? Can't he make it??

Enjoy your Sunday. Last ever Sunday as you are!!! Xx

So glad your stitch has gone and your feeling better. Well jel that you a nearly on normal food!! Confession time.... I'm still eating the kids Easter eggs!! On the plus side lost 4lb this week, so happy lady :) As for the knickers comments....you ladies make me laugh. My knickers never go on the line but maybe when I've lost all my weight I might put my underwear sets outside. Can't wait to get some lovely matching underwear and not for the hubby but for me! Good luck with weigh in tomorrow. Xx

Well done KatD!!! That's a great loss. You can be well jel that I'm nearly on normal food but I'm more jealous that you are stealing the kids chocolate AND managed to lose 4 pounds!!! When do you start your next phase? Surely not long to go now??

I'm beginning to think if I'm the only one ever to put my knickers on the washing line!! Either you ladies have got a great secret where you dry them or you girls maybe go "commando"?? Ha ha ha...... Maybe we should start a "garden underwear display" club when we're all skinny Minnie's??!!!!

Have a great week and stay off the chocolate!!!! Xx

Doing a lot better thanks rinata. Looking forward to puree. Got some danio yogs today so must try ur milkshake recipe

Xx

Hey All,
Had a good laugh reading your messages above. Yes I am also looking forward to buying some nice, small size knickers. Don't have a garden but at least they will look good on drying rack. One thing that was a delight was to get rid of my huge size 20 jeans. Next target is to get rid of the size 18s. I have my old size 16s waiting

Rinata, it must be so good to chew and add variety to your diet. You have done so well. Go girl!

Hey all,

Happy Sunday and hope your weekend is going well.

Weight loss this week:- 4lbs!!! Wooo hooo!!!! ( KatD - I can't believe I lost the same as you without munching on Easter eggs... May have to ditch my halo and and follow YOUR diet instead. Lol)

Yesterday was the first day since my Op that I didn't have any pain, stitches, pulling etc etc. almost forgot I had a major op!! Not going to get ahead of myself tho... Still trying to milk it so my hubby is taking care of me!! Hee hee.

Tules, that is amazing that you've dropped sizes already. Well done. That is incredible in 6 weeks!!! Awesome girl.

As for the underwear, you're so right. I can't wait to buy nice underwear from sexy underwear shops rather than from Marquee's R Us!!!!! Ha ha ha

Have a good y'all and keep up the good work xx

Yep, I was very lucky! I was already nil by mouth for about 20hrs... Maybe that was my surgeon's idea of the LSD as he didn't give me a diet..
Perhaps not your dad and stepmom if they make matters worse but if you've got a friend who can be with until you do go in as sometimes these things take longer. I hardly saw any of the nursing team. They were nowhere to be seen. I would've been lost without my best mate. Perhaps I should pimp him out to future patients!! Hhmmmm, there's a idea!!!

Anyway, where's Richard Gere when you need him?? Can't he make it??

Enjoy your Sunday. Last ever Sunday as you are!!! Xx

Wow, 20 hours nil by mouth. I'd just have to sleep! It's weird how everyone gets told different things before the op.

Haha rent a friend! I think you're on to something there :)

I did laugh at marquees r us. You are funny :) Slinky underwear sales are about to rocket with us lot :D

Aww Richard Gere is busy filming unfortunately. He's offered to send Tom Cruise but I've turned him down. I'll manage on my own I think lol :)

This time tomorrow I might be done! Eek!!! I think the nerves are coming.......

See you on the losers bench :) xxx

Well done on your loss Rinata!!

Xx

Wow, 20 hours nil by mouth. I'd just have to sleep! It's weird how everyone gets told different things before the op. Haha rent a friend! I think you're on to something there :) I did laugh at marquees r us. You are funny :) Slinky underwear sales are about to rocket with us lot :D Aww Richard Gere is busy filming unfortunately. He's offered to send Tom Cruise but I've turned him down. I'll manage on my own I think lol :) This time tomorrow I might be done! Eek!!! I think the nerves are coming....... See you on the losers bench :) xxx

Hi BFB. Don't worry about the nerves, you'll be fine. Just chill like you have been doing and you'll do great!! If the nerves kick in, just remember the nice underwear you can buy in a few months time instead of from Marquees R Us... If THAT doesn't incentivise you, I don't know what will!!! Lol.

That is funny... The fact that you would rather be on your own rather than having Tom Cruise with you!!! If I finish with Matt Damon early enough tomorrow, I can send him round if you want??

We'll be thinking about you tomorrow and keep everything crossed for you... It's a shame your hospital isn't close to where I am otherwise I could've come and visit... And even bring some brand new underwear to cheer you up and a creme egg milkshake??!!!

All the best for tomorrow lovely xx

Back