• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie Sleever from London

Very true BFB! Laughing at so many fishy jokes has made me forget now horrible my meal was so "TANKS" so much!!! (sorry, couldn't resist that)!!

Well done on your LSD diet. That's a great result. This is only the beginning of your great weight loss. Your 2 weeks will go by so quickly. Mine was a blur now. Try and get everything done beforehand. I didn't have a proper diet sheet before my Op, so I only stocked up on cuppa soup. It's only when I got home that I realised I needed so much more such as juices, protein shakes, multivitamins etc etc.

I wasn't given a pre op diet but your 11lbs is a fantastic result!!! I've lost 1 and a half stone in 3 weeks so I'm grateful for that!

Keep up the good work and keep us posted!!! Don't worry about the surgery. It will be over before you know it!!!

Xxx

Haha Rinata, tanks! Nice one :)

Thank you, I'm really pleased with my loss. I am trying to get organised, got loads of to-do lists but I've got next week off so I'll get everything done then!!

Hope you're having a good week. :) xxx

Well BFB, that To Do list will definitely come in handy! I'd be lost without mine!!
The only thing I suggest you DONT have is getting your nails done!! I thought I'd treat myself and got my nails done professionally the day before so I could look good after surgery. Imagine my horror when the nurses told me I needed to get it all removed when I checked in. My friend ran frantically around the ward, looking for acetone and ended up scraping my nail varnish off and ruining my perfect manicure!!!
I felt such a doofus as I think I was the only one that didn't know that!!! Doh!!! So needless to say, I keep having the p*ss taken out of me from my friend!! Never going to live that one down!!!!

So, how you feeling with only under 2 weeks to go? How much weight are you looking to lose?

Xx

Well BFB, that To Do list will definitely come in handy! I'd be lost without mine!!
The only thing I suggest you DONT have is getting your nails done!! I thought I'd treat myself and got my nails done professionally the day before so I could look good after surgery. Imagine my horror when the nurses told me I needed to get it all removed when I checked in. My friend ran frantically around the ward, looking for acetone and ended up scraping my nail varnish off and ruining my perfect manicure!!!
I felt such a doofus as I think I was the only one that didn't know that!!! Doh!!! So needless to say, I keep having the p*ss taken out of me from my friend!! Never going to live that one down!!!!

So, how you feeling with only under 2 weeks to go? How much weight are you looking to lose?

Xx

Oh no, you poor thing, what a waste of a manicure! I think I've read that you can't wear nail polish somewhere but thanks for reminding me :) Aww but I love the fact that you wanted to look good after surgery! I'm getting my highlights done and I'm having a facial and head massage next week but post surgery I've made peace with the fact that I'm going to look like sh*te!! Got some dry shampoo though ready to take so that might help lol.

I still feel really good. Partly excitement that I've only got 2 days left to work :) and now I've had my pre-op I'm excited that it's all happening, all being well on the day. I've got loads to lose, probably about the equivalent of some people's starting weight :( But anyway, I'm doing something about it now. What about you? Any goals? I've got lots of small goals really, like buying something in monso*n, not worrying about fitting in chairs with arms, going to the gym! :) xxx

That's nice you're getting your highlights done. I had my roots done before and now in desperate need of a stylist again. Not sure if my stomach is ready to sit in a hairdresser chair to have my hair washed!! So, it's good that you've found your peace about not looking as good post op!!

That's such a good feeling when you know you don't have long to go at work. Hope it's not too manic in the last couple of days by having so much to do or handover!!

My long term target is losing 7 stone but my short term goal is losing another stone or stone and a half before my holiday at the end of May!! I'm hoping to go swimming with the Whale Sharks so I'd like to lose enough weight so I'm not mistaken as one of them by the other swimmers!!! Ha ha ha.

Xx

That's nice you're getting your highlights done. I had my roots done before and now in desperate need of a stylist again. Not sure if my stomach is ready to sit in a hairdresser chair to have my hair washed!! So, it's good that you've found your peace about not looking as good post op!!

That's such a good feeling when you know you don't have long to go at work. Hope it's not too manic in the last couple of days by having so much to do or handover!!

My long term target is losing 7 stone but my short term goal is losing another stone or stone and a half before my holiday at the end of May!! I'm hoping to go swimming with the Whale Sharks so I'd like to lose enough weight so I'm not mistaken as one of them by the other swimmers!!! Ha ha ha.

Xx

Just think how lovely it will be to get your hair done when you're up to it. It'll be worth the wait. :)

I'm pretty much ready to finish work now my cover is in place. Can't wait to get that out of office on!!

Oh I'm sure you'll lose that by your holiday. Have you bought new clothes yet? I smell shopping spreeeee!! Oh wow, how brave are you! Bet that'll be amazing, what an experience. Hope they take underwater photos for you. :) xx

I can't wait to get my hair done!!!
I'm not going shopping just yet and I'm definitely with you on the Monsoon clothing range!! They've had a sale on and I was so tempted to have a look but wasn't sure what size to buy yet. I think I've gone down a dress size but I'm saving myself for a big shopping spree closer to my holiday!! Hopefully there will be another sale on by that time!!

I read on another thread that you're going to carry on with WW after your op. That's a good idea to help you keep on track. It's nice that your leader is so supportive over your surgery!

Keep going... You're doing really well and I'm sure the countdown has started in hours for when your out of office email comes on!!!

Xx

I can't wait to get my hair done!!!
I'm not going shopping just yet and I'm definitely with you on the Monsoon clothing range!! They've had a sale on and I was so tempted to have a look but wasn't sure what size to buy yet. I think I've gone down a dress size but I'm saving myself for a big shopping spree closer to my holiday!! Hopefully there will be another sale on by that time!!

I read on another thread that you're going to carry on with WW after your op. That's a good idea to help you keep on track. It's nice that your leader is so supportive over your surgery!

Keep going... You're doing really well and I'm sure the countdown has started in hours for when your out of office email comes on!!!

Xx

Oh yeah a big shopping spree sounds wonderful. Just like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman!! :) Hmmm Richard Gere. Sorry, drifted off there :D. I'm sure that will be fun trying on new clothes and having a spend up!

My WW leader has been lovely. She's going to save me all the free little magazines your get every week in an envelope so when I go back, I'll have loads of inspiration. It's my last official weigh in with WW this week so I've finally bought my own scales. They seem to be a bit all over the place with the measurements but I'm going to try not to obsess over it!!

Haha 13.5 working hours to go. Tick tock!!

Hope you're having a good day :) xxx

Good luck BFB with your op. I was more excited than nervous before mine and although the first 2 weeks post op were a bit of a struggle (and Xmas was a challenge) I so love my sleeve. I really get the shopping thing now although now I'm mostly a size 14 I'm a bit overwhelmed with choice. My advice would be stick with cheap and cheerful for now as it is nice to wear clothes that fit but you'll be surprised how quickly you shrink! I was going down a size every 3 weeks and although it's slowing down a bit now I'm still not prepared to spend a lot of money on anything. I'm waiting till it's all stabilised a bit. So excited for you now! Stick to the rules and take it easy to start with. Let your body guide you as it heals and remember we all heal at a different rate. I was off work for 6 weeks but when I went back I was feeling great, eating enough for energy and hit the ground running. I'm hoping you're not under pressure to go back too soon.

Good luck with the op BFB. Your weight loss pre-op is fab :)

Lovin how we are all into manicures, etc. I've had manicure, pedicure and facial last week before going back to work, it was lovely. Had all my varnish taken off before my op it was awful I always have my nails painted!

How's you week been Rinata? When do you go back to work? My first week hasn't been too bad, although feeling pretty tired at the end of the day.

Had a NSV today fitted into work tops and trousers which wouldn't go near me pre-op. Although had a cheeky weigh in and only lost 2 lbs so far, bit gutted but my official weigh in is Saturday so fingers crossed!

Hi BFB, yes I could quite easily be like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman, I will also need Richard Gere. Yum!! I think my hubby would also like it if Richard Gere took me shopping as he wouldn't have to trapse around with me and he'd love the idea of spending somebody else's money!!!!

That's nice your WW leader is going to keep the magazines for you. Hopefully you won't need to rely on them post Op. You won't be wasting the portion sizes with the recipes they give you!! That's nice that you've got your own scales now. They are certainly going to help you. I would suggest going by your scales for weekly or monthly weigh ins. There's been a vast difference between my scales, my GP and the hospital ones!!

Hi Purplepippa,

That's amazing how you keep going down in weight and in sizes at such a quick rate. It must be weird to go shopping from having very little choice to so much choice and be able to walk into ANY and EVERY shop, knowing you're not going to have a problem now. Hope you've been overwhelmed in a good way with the choice you have now?!! Well done. You've done brilliantly!! Great tip about buying cheaper clothes!!

Hi KatD,

How has it been at work? Did you feel ready or do you think it's been too soon? I'm sure you must've had a great reaction from your colleagues?? I see you've had a sneaky weigh in. That's a great loss this week although you could lose more by your Saturday weigh in. Any loss will be good so don't feel disappointed or gutted!! I'll try and lose the same as you to keep you company!! (Hopefully)!!
I'm not going back to work just yet. I've decided to take a career break to sort out my surgery and recovery. Where I was working, I was the only one running my department and would've been impossible for me to have time off for more than 2 weeks!! This way I can focus on my health and start again when I'm stronger!

Spoke to my Bariatric nurse today about my "chronic stitch" as the pain got so bad this morning and said that I have heavy PDS internal sutures!!! No idea what all that means but it's more to do with my recovery rather than a surgery complication. Apparently it's like a big internal bruise which will heal in its own time. Yet more painkillers to take!!!

Hope everyone is getting ready for Easter. This will be the first Easter ever where I'll have NO access to Easter Eggs.... Unless.....I can combine them in a protein shake????...... Hhhmmmm, there's a thought!!!

Have a great week and keep going with weight loss and progress xxx

Good luck BFB with your op. I was more excited than nervous before mine and although the first 2 weeks post op were a bit of a struggle (and Xmas was a challenge) I so love my sleeve. I really get the shopping thing now although now I'm mostly a size 14 I'm a bit overwhelmed with choice. My advice would be stick with cheap and cheerful for now as it is nice to wear clothes that fit but you'll be surprised how quickly you shrink! I was going down a size every 3 weeks and although it's slowing down a bit now I'm still not prepared to spend a lot of money on anything. I'm waiting till it's all stabilised a bit. So excited for you now! Stick to the rules and take it easy to start with. Let your body guide you as it heals and remember we all heal at a different rate. I was off work for 6 weeks but when I went back I was feeling great, eating enough for energy and hit the ground running. I'm hoping you're not under pressure to go back too soon.

Thanks pippa. I think I'm the same at the moment, more excited than nervous. And thanks for the advice about the clothes. I''ve got a few things that I grew out of so I'll be ok for a little while but then I think I'll just buy cheap until I stabilise. It'll be nice to have more choice other than Ev*ns though :) It's interesting you say the choice is overwhelming, I hadn't really thought. I suppose I've been so limited. I have bought plus size clothes from other places but as I'm long in the body, it looks like I'm wearing a crop top. Not a good look with my belly :D

I'm definitely planning on taking it easy. I've got about a year's worth of 2 home magazines I've subscribed to but never got round to reading and a stack of dvds. Work have been really good. I've told them 8 weeks just incase cause it easier to arrange cover in advance. I'm really looking forward to being off hehe.

Thanks again for the advice. Congratulations on your weight loss so far. Have a lovely Easter x :)

Last edited:
Good luck with the op BFB. Your weight loss pre-op is fab :)

Lovin how we are all into manicures, etc. I've had manicure, pedicure and facial last week before going back to work, it was lovely. Had all my varnish taken off before my op it was awful I always have my nails painted!

How's you week been Rinata? When do you go back to work? My first week hasn't been too bad, although feeling pretty tired at the end of the day.

Had a NSV today fitted into work tops and trousers which wouldn't go near me pre-op. Although had a cheeky weigh in and only lost 2 lbs so far, bit gutted but my official weigh in is Saturday so fingers crossed!

Thanks Kat. I'm pleased so far!

Haha I love being pampered. And I can't live without a facial now. It's an investment for the future!!

Congrats on your NSV, that's brilliant. Good luck for your official weigh in but it's looking great so far :)

Hi BFB, yes I could quite easily be like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman, I will also need Richard Gere. Yum!! I think my hubby would also like it if Richard Gere took me shopping as he wouldn't have to trapse around with me and he'd love the idea of spending somebody else's money!!!!

That's nice your WW leader is going to keep the magazines for you. Hopefully you won't need to rely on them post Op. You won't be wasting the portion sizes with the recipes they give you!! That's nice that you've got your own scales now. They are certainly going to help you. I would suggest going by your scales for weekly or monthly weigh ins. There's been a vast difference between my scales, my GP and the hospital ones!!

Hi Purplepippa,

That's amazing how you keep going down in weight and in sizes at such a quick rate. It must be weird to go shopping from having very little choice to so much choice and be able to walk into ANY and EVERY shop, knowing you're not going to have a problem now. Hope you've been overwhelmed in a good way with the choice you have now?!! Well done. You've done brilliantly!! Great tip about buying cheaper clothes!!

Hi KatD,

How has it been at work? Did you feel ready or do you think it's been too soon? I'm sure you must've had a great reaction from your colleagues?? I see you've had a sneaky weigh in. That's a great loss this week although you could lose more by your Saturday weigh in. Any loss will be good so don't feel disappointed or gutted!! I'll try and lose the same as you to keep you company!! (Hopefully)!!
I'm not going back to work just yet. I've decided to take a career break to sort out my surgery and recovery. Where I was working, I was the only one running my department and would've been impossible for me to have time off for more than 2 weeks!! This way I can focus on my health and start again when I'm stronger!

Spoke to my Bariatric nurse today about my "chronic stitch" as the pain got so bad this morning and said that I have heavy PDS internal sutures!!! No idea what all that means but it's more to do with my recovery rather than a surgery complication. Apparently it's like a big internal bruise which will heal in its own time. Yet more painkillers to take!!!

Hope everyone is getting ready for Easter. This will be the first Easter ever where I'll have NO access to Easter Eggs.... Unless.....I can combine them in a protein shake????...... Hhhmmmm, there's a thought!!!

Have a great week and keep going with weight loss and progress xxx

I'm afraid I'm going to have to fight you for Richard Gere and his credit card lol :)

Yes I've come to realise that my scales aren't very accurate, at least I hope they aren't as it appears I've put on 2 lbs since Saturday. Hmmm!! So I think I'll just keep a separate note of those scale weights and not worry too much.

I think it takes a lot longer to heal on the inside than the outside so make sure you don't do too much. Chill out and let your husband look after you! :)

If you've got chocolate protein shakes, just try and imagine the taste of a liquidised cream egg. Try really hard!! Haha. Chat soon xxx :)

Well BFB,

I am happy to fight you for Richard Gere, unless I can have George Clooney or Matt Damon instead!!

Are you new scales digital? I think I need to invest in new scales too but digital as the old fashion ones are misleading.

Ermm... Having Chocolate protein shake and PRETENDING it's a creme egg blended????!!!!! I have a wild imagination but THAT is beyond my comprehension!!! It's a bit like me saying to you to have the fish purée and pretend it's Fish & chips!!! No. No. NOoo!!!! :)

All I can say that the excitement of leaving work very soon has got to your head, so I prepared to let it go this time!!!! Ha ha ha.

Good luck on your last day at work and don't be tempted by the Easter eggs or hot cross buns!!!! Just walk away. Nothing to see there!!!!

Xx

Sorry Purplepippa!!! I'm with George Clooney right now and he's confirmed he's definitely MINE so back off sista!! But I hear that Richard Gere maybe up for grabs??!! :) :)

Well BFB,

I am happy to fight you for Richard Gere, unless I can have George Clooney or Matt Damon instead!!

Are you new scales digital? I think I need to invest in new scales too but digital as the old fashion ones are misleading.

Ermm... Having Chocolate protein shake and PRETENDING it's a creme egg blended????!!!!! I have a wild imagination but THAT is beyond my comprehension!!! It's a bit like me saying to you to have the fish purée and pretend it's Fish & chips!!! No. No. NOoo!!!! :)

All I can say that the excitement of leaving work very soon has got to your head, so I prepared to let it go this time!!!! Ha ha ha.

Good luck on your last day at work and don't be tempted by the Easter eggs or hot cross buns!!!! Just walk away. Nothing to see there!!!!

Xx

Haha I'll take Richard Gere and you and pippa can fight over Mr Clooney!

Yep they are digital. They look nice and stylish but still not sure on there accuracy!
Haha I take your point about the chocolate protein drink tasting like a cream egg!! There's no way that fish puree could ever taste like fish and chips. :D

I've finished work now yippee. So satisfying putting that out of office on. :)
One of my patients bought me a box of chocs. A few weeks ago I would have demolished them but nope, not this time! I've left them in my car to take to my parents. Fatten them up instead!!! :)

Hope you've had a good day! :) xx

Thanks Rinata, got on the scales today and it was a 4 lb loss, still not overly happy but nothing I can change so will just carry on! Hope your feeling better and the pain killers are kicking in.

Your so brave taking a career break but I can imagine it will be great to focus just on your recovery and progress with the sleeve.

Returning to work this week was fine, I've had no pain and managed to keep up with my liquid intake. It also helped fitting into some old clothes which didn't fit - NSV!!

Been feeling a bit crappy the last few days, started with conjunctivitis and sore throat :(

How you feeling about Easter? My girls have got so many eggs I have no idea how I will resist the chocolate!!

Have you eaten out yet? We've taken the girls out over Easter and I've found it so difficult. They all had McDonald's last night and today my hubby tucked into a full cooked. Pre-op I would have filled my boots....today was the 1st time I wondered if I have done the right thing by having the op!

Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow. Xx

Thanks Rinata, got on the scales today and it was a 4 lb loss, still not overly happy but nothing I can change so will just carry on! Hope your feeling better and the pain killers are kicking in. Your so brave taking a career break but I can imagine it will be great to focus just on your recovery and progress with the sleeve. Returning to work this week was fine, I've had no pain and managed to keep up with my liquid intake. It also helped fitting into some old clothes which didn't fit - NSV!! Been feeling a bit crappy the last few days, started with conjunctivitis and sore throat :( How you feeling about Easter? My girls have got so many eggs I have no idea how I will resist the chocolate!! Have you eaten out yet? We've taken the girls out over Easter and I've found it so difficult. They all had McDonald's last night and today my hubby tucked into a full cooked. Pre-op I would have filled my boots....today was the 1st time I wondered if I have done the right thing by having the op! Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow. Xx

Hi KatD,

Happy Easter!

That is really good losing 4lbs this week. What aren't you happy with that?? That is really something!! I'd be happy with that for me!! I had a sneaky "unofficial" weigh in today and it doesn't seem like I've lost any weight this week. If I haven't by tomorrow, I'm going out for a curry and/or pizza!!! Lol.

The pain has been much better today thanks and I hope I haven't jinxed it now!! Not sure if I've been brave or stupid taking a career break to do this but I wouldn't have been able to have more than 2 weeks off and it's a really stressful job I was in so I couldn't risk spending so much money and time and it having a negative affect by going back to work. I'm going to use this opportunity to go to the gym. (Never thought I'd ever say that!!!!).

How's it been at work for you? Are you still managing to have your 3 meals still? That's great you've kept up with the liquid intake. I'm lagging a bit behind on that. Good job you kept your old clothes and it's amazing that they already fit you!! Hope you're not working over the weekend. Your conjunctivitis sounds quite bad. Do you how you managed to get it?

Yes, it must've been hard going out. I've tried to avoid it so far apart from a trip to the cinema and even then, I went after my dinner and took a little pot of stewed Apple and custard as my snack. I'm trying not to go out until when I'm in the normal stage in 2-3 weeks time. I really miss my nights out at the mo!

Are you still on puréed next week or soft food? I have another week of purée.

Good luck for the week ahead and hope your conjunctivitis clears up. Xx

Had my weigh in today and I've lost 1.5 lbs. that is somewhat disappointing as I was hoping for more but a loss is a loss so I will take it. I have my 3rd week of purée this coming week and then onto soft foods so hopefully it'll be better then.

I can't seem to understand the science behind it all at the moment as I'm eating less than I ever did, moving more than what I'm used to and drinking a lot more than pre- op so I can't understand how it's working. I'm not going to get too hung up about it as I've already lost over 1.5 stone and still can't fathom how. Also can't get my head around the BM mystery.

If there are any budding scientists that can shed any light on any aspects, I'm very interested to hear the theories!!

Have a great Easter and a good week ahead xx

Back