• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie Sleever from London

Hi BFB. Don't worry about the nerves, you'll be fine. Just chill like you have been doing and you'll do great!! If the nerves kick in, just remember the nice underwear you can buy in a few months time instead of from Marquees R Us... If THAT doesn't incentivise you, I don't know what will!!! Lol.

That is funny... The fact that you would rather be on your own rather than having Tom Cruise with you!!! If I finish with Matt Damon early enough tomorrow, I can send him round if you want??

We'll be thinking about you tomorrow and keep everything crossed for you... It's a shame your hospital isn't close to where I am otherwise I could've come and visit... And even bring some brand new underwear to cheer you up and a creme egg milkshake??!!!

All the best for tomorrow lovely xx

Haha I'll take Matt Damon over Tom Cruise for sure! Thanks! :)

I've done everything now so I have nothing to distract me! Trying to stay nice a calm by doing some breathing exercises. I will be fine. :)

Aww thank you for the best wishes, much appreciated. Hmmm creme egg milkshake. One day!!!

I'll update as soon as I can.
Thanks again Rinata :)
Hope the soft food is yum :)
xxx

Haha I'll take Matt Damon over Tom Cruise for sure! Thanks! :) I've done everything now so I have nothing to distract me! Trying to stay nice a calm by doing some breathing exercises. I will be fine. :) Aww thank you for the best wishes, much appreciated. Hmmm creme egg milkshake. One day!!! I'll update as soon as I can. Thanks again Rinata :) Hope the soft food is yum :) xxx

Can't believe that your time is nearly here. That has gone so quick since we started chatting. Have a good night's sleep. Hope it's not too much of an early start for you.

I've just checked with Matt and he'd rather spend the day with me. But you can have Tom Cruise, Tom Selleck or Tom Jones... Don't want any of them!!!

Good luck and see you on the other side. It'll be over before you know it .......and..... Breathe 2,3,4..... And relax 2,3,4!!! ...... Maybe I'm a fitness instructor in the making??!! (Yeah right!!)

Good night and sleep well. Sending you BIG hugs xxx

Yay well done you, 4 lb is a fab weight loss :)
Think my naughtiness will catch up with me shortly!
Glad your feeling good, I've got 2 more weeks on mush. Xx

Can't believe that your time is nearly here. That has gone so quick since we started chatting. Have a good night's sleep. Hope it's not too much of an early start for you.

I've just checked with Matt and he'd rather spend the day with me. But you can have Tom Cruise, Tom Selleck or Tom Jones... Don't want any of them!!!

Good luck and see you on the other side. It'll be over before you know it .......and..... Breathe 2,3,4..... And relax 2,3,4!!! ...... Maybe I'm a fitness instructor in the making??!! (Yeah right!!)

Good night and sleep well. Sending you BIG hugs xxx

Thanks Rinata. I'm alive, I made it. Bit uncomfortable but pain not too bad. Have had some water. Everything seemed to go well. Very sleepy cause its so blimmin warm in here. Night night. Chat soon. xxx

Yay well done you, 4 lb is a fab weight loss :) Think my naughtiness will catch up with me shortly! Glad your feeling good, I've got 2 more weeks on mush. Xx

Thanks KatD. 2 weeks of mush eh? I don't think that melted Easter eggs counts as the mush that you're supposed to have!! Lol.

Started my soft foods yesterday and have severe constipation today!! Really can't wait to get some kind of normality back in my body!!

Have a great week xx

Thanks Rinata. I'm alive, I made it. Bit uncomfortable but pain not too bad. Have had some water. Everything seemed to go well. Very sleepy cause its so blimmin warm in here. Night night. Chat soon. xxx

Glad to hear from you BFB and welcome to the "dark side". You're one of us now!!
Been thinking of you the whole day and wasn't expecting you to respond for a couple of days so its such a lovely surprise.

Have a good sleep and rest and if you can manage it tomorrow, try and get up and about. Get well soon xxx

Aw hope constipation gets better!!

Xx

Hey BFB,

How are you feeling now? Hope it's not too painful when the heavy drugs have worn off. Hope you're well and George & Matt sends their love.... But not too much as they have to keep a lot for me!!! Xxx

I know what you mean Rinata, I can't wait for normal food. They say constipation is quite common with a sleeve, I didn't know this until after the op. Don't put up with it, speak to the chemist and get something to sort it.

Have you had your 6 week check up?

How are you heeling? I used to always sleep on my tummy and I'm thinking of trying it again as my tummy feels fine, but worrying at the same time!!

Hope your feel better soon BFB, welcome to the loser bench! Xx

I know what you mean Rinata, I can't wait for normal food. They say constipation is quite common with a sleeve, I didn't know this until after the op. Don't put up with it, speak to the chemist and get something to sort it. Have you had your 6 week check up? How are you heeling? I used to always sleep on my tummy and I'm thinking of trying it again as my tummy feels fine, but worrying at the same time!! Hope your feel better soon BFB, welcome to the loser bench! Xx

You're right KatD, I wasn't aware of the constipation (or the diarrhoea) beforehand so it's been quite daunting. I've got some Senokot now thanks and also been recommended some suppositories.... Failing that, I'm going to invest in some fireworks!! Lol.

Had my 6 week checkup and it went really well my surgeon was really pleased with my progress. Need to do more exercise than just walking from next week onwards!

I agree, im so used to sleeping on my side too and these 6 weeks is the longest I've gone sleeping on my back. I've recently tried on my left side. I've felt some pulling on my right side but putting a bulky pillow when I sleep on the left has helped! Hope it works for you too! How was your check up?

Having my soft foods but it's such a weird (and sometimes uncomfortable) experience eating. I get loads of air bubbles when I start eating and hurts. I'm hoping that gets better with time?!

Although I'm moving a lot more and eating properly, I'm worried I might not lose weight for a while?!

How are you getting on? Xx

Thanks KatD and Rinata

I home now! Had to stay in an extra night cause I was in agony and vomiting. The full account is in my diary lol.

Hope you're both doing well. Glad to join you on the losers bench.....what a lovely bright and sunny view from here!! :)
xxx

Hey All,.
Good to read you are all doing well. Renata, hope your tummy is fine. I was prescribed very sweet, liquid constipation medicine which I used once. Worked really well. Ask the chemist.

BFB, welcome on board.

I am eating most things, in moderation. So far only asparagus gave me discomfort. I have not tried bread but hope that will give me pain otherwise I am in trouble!

I'm doing ok! I've got my 6 week check up with my surgeon on Monday and then I see the dietician on Wednesday...bit worried they will tell me I've not lost enough! My fault due to chocolategate!!

I have been sleeping fine on my side for the last couple of weeks and tried sleeping on my tummy the other night for a little bit and it wasn't too bad.

Not been sick with anything as yet and no constipation yet so fingers crossed. I do get the bubbles after eating like you too. Do you worry about over eating now your on normal food?

Not confident of any weight loss this week, too much chocolate and TOTM.

What exercise are you planning on doing, I'm hoping to start the exercise after I've got the all clear next week :) xx

Glad your home BFB, take easy and keep up with the liquids. I found the first few days the hardest but felt much better once I came home x

Hope constipations better now rinata!

Xx

Having my soft foods but it's such a weird (and sometimes uncomfortable) experience eating. I get loads of air bubbles when I start eating and hurts. I'm hoping that gets better with time?!

I get bubbles too Rinata. This usually indicates to me that i'm full. I also get hiccups which tells me I'm full also. Having said that, sometimes my bubbles start after a mouthful - but I think (And even over 6 months out, I'm still learning) this is because I've had liquids too close to eating and it hasn't gone through fully.

It does get better - or maybe because it becomes the norm, I think we just learn to deal with it as time goes on ;-)

Thanks tules and KatD :)

Have a lovely weekend everyone :)

Thanks KatD and Rinata I home now! Had to stay in an extra night cause I was in agony and vomiting. The full account is in my diary lol. Hope you're both doing well. Glad to join you on the losers bench.....what a lovely bright and sunny view from here!! :) xxx

Hi BFB,

Glad you're home now and hope the pain and vomiting has stopped. Welcome to the dark side... You're one of us now. Have a lovely weekend and sip, sip, sip your fluids!! Xx

Hey All,. Good to read you are all doing well. Renata, hope your tummy is fine. I was prescribed very sweet, liquid constipation medicine which I used once. Worked really well. Ask the chemist. BFB, welcome on board. I am eating most things, in moderation. So far only asparagus gave me discomfort. I have not tried bread but hope that will give me pain otherwise I am in trouble!

Hey Tules,

Good to hear from you! I've been taking herbal laxatives which has helped thanks... Don't want to be relying on them though! Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow and keep us informed!! Xx

Back