• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie Sleever from London

Hi Rinata, our operations were a day apart, so good to see we are on the same weight loss. Mine seems to go up and down by half a pound.it's ok though, only way is down! Ha ha KatD, what are we going to do with this fast eating. My nurse was shocked that I can eat beef, lamb etc a d eat at normal speed. She had bypass herself and said it took her one year before she can eat meat. I wonder what makes us different? For example you Rinata having problem even with soft food, yet I started eating normal 10 days ago. Is it the pouch size? The opening? I have not seen my surgeon yet but will ask.

Tules, I can't believe you can eat lamb, beef etc when the rest of the world can't!!! As we've found out that you are such a rebel!!! You certainly are defying all the odds!!! I reckon your surgeon has pretending to operate on you or added some magic extra part!!! Can't believe you started eating normal 10 days ago.... My normal is next week and yet your op was only A DAY before mine!!!! I'm definitely having words with your surgeon!! ;-)

I really don't know what to say.
I kind of wish I reacted to certain things. I am going to have a word with my surgeon too!

I really don't know what to say. I kind of wish I reacted to certain things. I am going to have a word with my surgeon too!

Not if I get to your surgeon first Tules!!! Don't knock it if you don't react to certain things. You really are one of the lucky ones!!!

Hi everyone,

Hope you're having a good week.

Went to see my bariatric nurse yesterday. Had a bit of a mare getting into the city. What should have been a relative easy journey across London, turned into a marathon. Trust me to go through London when there is a Black Cab strike!!! The buses weren't moving through the West End at all so I had to WALK from near Buckingham palace to Regent's Park. My tum was pulling a bit afterwards and I was completely exhausted when I got home. Although initially I was annoyed at the inconvenience, but when I saw that I had done over 11,500 steps yesterday, I guess I should thank those cabbies for making me walk so far!!

The nurse was really pleased with my progress and that I had been following it so rigidly. She said that so many of the other patients hadn't done so well. She said I was a star patient!!! Although I've lost 2 stone since the op, I was worried my BIG HEAD wouldn't fit through her office door afterwards!!! Lol.

She did mention that although the weight loss can be a bit random for loss and timescales, she said that the body shape/frame is changing all the time...... So I'm hoping that I'll soon LOOK like a size 10 even if I'm not!!!! Ha ha ha.

I've been given a big promotion and I can be on normal foods from next week!! I'm SOO grown up!! Looking forward to more variety .... And believe it or not, I've really missed having so many different veg in my diet over the last few weeks!!

Enjoy the rest of the week peeps xx

So delighted you're allowed to have normal food rinata! And well done on being a star patient!!

Xx

Hi everyone,

Hope you're having a good week.

Went to see my bariatric nurse yesterday. Had a bit of a mare getting into the city. What should have been a relative easy journey across London, turned into a marathon. Trust me to go through London when there is a Black Cab strike!!! The buses weren't moving through the West End at all so I had to WALK from near Buckingham palace to Regent's Park. My tum was pulling a bit afterwards and I was completely exhausted when I got home. Although initially I was annoyed at the inconvenience, but when I saw that I had done over 11,500 steps yesterday, I guess I should thank those cabbies for making me walk so far!!

The nurse was really pleased with my progress and that I had been following it so rigidly. She said that so many of the other patients hadn't done so well. She said I was a star patient!!! Although I've lost 2 stone since the op, I was worried my BIG HEAD wouldn't fit through her office door afterwards!!! Lol.

She did mention that although the weight loss can be a bit random for loss and timescales, she said that the body shape/frame is changing all the time...... So I'm hoping that I'll soon LOOK like a size 10 even if I'm not!!!! Ha ha ha.

I've been given a big promotion and I can be on normal foods from next week!! I'm SOO grown up!! Looking forward to more variety .... And believe it or not, I've really missed having so many different veg in my diet over the last few weeks!!

Enjoy the rest of the week peeps xx

Hi Rinata :)

Blimey that sounds like a bit of a trek. Hope you don't feel too strained today.

Ah congratulations on getting a good report. Did she give you a sticker like the dentist does when you've been good? I used to love getting those. I still would now :)

And congratulations on being promoted onto normal foods. I'm a teensy bit jealous cause I'm still on liquids fir another 10 days :) It's going to be lovely to have veg again, and solids! And crunch. Are you a good cook?

Have a great weekend :) xx

Hi Rinata :) Blimey that sounds like a bit of a trek. Hope you don't feel too strained today. Ah congratulations on getting a good report. Did she give you a sticker like the dentist does when you've been good? I used to love getting those. I still would now :) And congratulations on being promoted onto normal foods. I'm a teensy bit jealous cause I'm still on liquids fir another 10 days :) It's going to be lovely to have veg again, and solids! And crunch. Are you a good cook? Have a great weekend :) xx

Hey BFB,

Happy Friday!

It sure was a trek alright!!! I was expecting a sign that said "welcome to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro" at the end as well as A new TV contract to be the new female Bear Grylls!!!!
Unfortunately I had no stickers or ANYTHING from my nurse although I think the least she could've done was offer me a chocolate from the big box I gave her.... AND I would've chosen a soft centre as I'm still on soft foods!! Ha ha ha

But I think drama follows me whenever I try and increase my fitness!!! I signed up for a swimming membership this morning and really was raring to start straight away and was really IN THE ZONE!! As soon as I finished my registration, they told me the pool was closed until 4pm!!!

I start solids on Sunday, and you're right, I cannot wait to CRUNCH food again. I'm a fairly good cook but I've deliberately stocked up on low fat, high protein ready meals and veg so that's what I'll have to keep me on the straight and narrow otherwise it would be anarchy!!!!

I know it's hard being on liquids and you may feel jealous of people eating food but that stage was where I lost the most weight so enjoy it!!! It does have its rewards!!

Have a lovely weekend and say hi to Richard, pretty woman!! :) xx

Hey BFB,

Happy Friday!

It sure was a trek alright!!! I was expecting a sign that said "welcome to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro" at the end as well as A new TV contract to be the new female Bear Grylls!!!!
Unfortunately I had no stickers or ANYTHING from my nurse although I think the least she could've done was offer me a chocolate from the big box I gave her.... AND I would've chosen a soft centre as I'm still on soft foods!! Ha ha ha

But I think drama follows me whenever I try and increase my fitness!!! I signed up for a swimming membership this morning and really was raring to start straight away and was really IN THE ZONE!! As soon as I finished my registration, they told me the pool was closed until 4pm!!!

I start solids on Sunday, and you're right, I cannot wait to CRUNCH food again. I'm a fairly good cook but I've deliberately stocked up on low fat, high protein ready meals and veg so that's what I'll have to keep me on the straight and narrow otherwise it would be anarchy!!!!

I know it's hard being on liquids and you may feel jealous of people eating food but that stage was where I lost the most weight so enjoy it!!! It does have its rewards!!

Have a lovely weekend and say hi to Richard, pretty woman!! :) xx

Haha happy Friday indeed :)

Aww yes a chocolate would have been nice, very selfish of her :) She really should offer stickers though. Maybe you could put that in a suggestion box :)

Oh no, that's bad luck. You think they've have told you straightaway! Something like 'yes madam, we can sign you up but please be aware the pool is closed until 4pm. Sorry for the inconvenience'. There!! Wasn't difficult!

I think that's a good idea to go with the ready meals. I made all that soup but I couldn't work out the protein so for now I'm back on tinned soup. My soup will keep!

I'm not really minding liquids. I think I might struggle with puree but we'll see. I bought some low fat sweet chilli philly ready for the next stage, to mix with potatoes etc and I had a tiny swipe of a finger of it today and really mushed it around my mouth. OMG it was amazing, just a bit of a kick. Been missing a bit of spice with all the soup!!

I'll say hi to Richard! Say hi to Jessie!!!

Haha xxx :)

Haha happy Friday indeed :) Aww yes a chocolate would have been nice, very selfish of her :) She really should offer stickers though. Maybe you could put that in a suggestion box :) Oh no, that's bad luck. You think they've have told you straightaway! Something like 'yes madam, we can sign you up but please be aware the pool is closed until 4pm. Sorry for the inconvenience'. There!! Wasn't difficult! I think that's a good idea to go with the ready meals. I made all that soup but I couldn't work out the protein so for now I'm back on tinned soup. My soup will keep! I'm not really minding liquids. I think I might struggle with puree but we'll see. I bought some low fat sweet chilli philly ready for the next stage, to mix with potatoes etc and I had a tiny swipe of a finger of it today and really mushed it around my mouth. OMG it was amazing, just a bit of a kick. Been missing a bit of spice with all the soup!! I'll say hi to Richard! Say hi to Jessie!!! Haha xxx :)

Do you want a job at my local swimming baths?? You'd definitely do a much better than they are doing. What you've said was common sense and not that hard to say but this little "kid" must've been auditioning for Kevin & Perry!!

When I was on the soups, I found the fresh ones in cartons (eg sainsburys) like chicken arrabiatta or lentil & spinach were good for protein and I also mixed in low fat sweet chilli Philly (minus the red chilli bits in there) to give it more protein and to have a more creamy/cheesy taste and adding a couple of squirts of hot sauce. I really hate tinned soups now. (Thanks to the soup diet a few years ago before carton soup was invented!!)

My ready meals are lasting so long.... One Quorn cottage pie lasts 4 meals which is brilliant so I can't stray and all I have to do is warm it up so I can't start think of having something naughty or what I fancy.

Ok, I'll put the idea about the stickers in the suggestion box and maybe if you complete the whole sticker album, you might get 50% off the price of the next surgery such as skin removal?!!! :) :)

Xx

Hi Tules, I'm really not sure, I'll mention it when see the dietician at my next appointment. I haven't really eaten other meat yet but can get chicken down fine. Went out for a meal this week and had garlic bread to start and pizza (children's portion of pizza) and managed it fine. Not sure that's a good thing or bad! Worried my sleeve is bigger than others, I don't feel hunger and I am glad I can eat normally just smaller portions. As for the speed I am really trying to chew thoroughly which I think is helping and trying to count to 20 between bites, but that's hit and miss! X

Yay Rinata, glad you had a good visit with your nurse, shame about the strike sounds stressful and exhausting!!. You should have got a little award your weight loss is fantastic. My Nurse said the same as yours about the weight loss now reducing and not having as faster losses. Enjoy being back on normal food it's great. The Melba toast are so small they didn't hurt at all, they crunch down to nothing and tasted lovely with pate :)
I've just booked on a trampolining exercise class for Monday, wish me luck...exercise is not my friend usually! A friend is coming with me so hopefully it won't be too bad.
Have a good weekend.
Xx

Do you want a job at my local swimming baths?? You'd definitely do a much better than they are doing. What you've said was common sense and not that hard to say but this little "kid" must've been auditioning for Kevin & Perry!!

When I was on the soups, I found the fresh ones in cartons (eg sainsburys) like chicken arrabiatta or lentil & spinach were good for protein and I also mixed in low fat sweet chilli Philly (minus the red chilli bits in there) to give it more protein and to have a more creamy/cheesy taste and adding a couple of squirts of hot sauce. I really hate tinned soups now. (Thanks to the soup diet a few years ago before carton soup was invented!!)

My ready meals are lasting so long.... One Quorn cottage pie lasts 4 meals which is brilliant so I can't stray and all I have to do is warm it up so I can't start think of having something naughty or what I fancy.

Ok, I'll put the idea about the stickers in the suggestion box and maybe if you complete the whole sticker album, you might get 50% off the price of the next surgery such as skin removal?!!! :) :)

Xx

Hey Rinata, how are you? Haha I would love a new job :)

Ooh I haven't tried the carton soups, but I'll have a look when I go shopping. Got quite a few tins to eat / drink yet :) That's brilliant value with the ready meals. Do you think you've saved money whilst you've been doing this? Although I guess your hubby still has to eat so maybe not!! I'm hoping I will save money cause I won't be eating takeaways etc. Still got my cat to feed though lol.

Hahaha hahaha love the idea of a sticker loyalty scheme. Definitely for the suggestion box lol :) :D xxx

Yay Rinata, glad you had a good visit with your nurse, shame about the strike sounds stressful and exhausting!!. You should have got a little award your weight loss is fantastic. My Nurse said the same as yours about the weight loss now reducing and not having as faster losses. Enjoy being back on normal food it's great. The Melba toast are so small they didn't hurt at all, they crunch down to nothing and tasted lovely with pate :) I've just booked on a trampolining exercise class for Monday, wish me luck...exercise is not my friend usually! A friend is coming with me so hopefully it won't be too bad. Have a good weekend. Xx

Hi KatD,

That's great your nurse is pleased as well! I'll have to try Melba toast... I like the idea of that not hurting and crunching down to nothing!! Trampolining sounds a lot of fun, especially as you're going with a friend... Let us know how you get on!!

Must admit, exercise is not usually my friend either. In the past, when I've got the diet right, I didn't exercise or when I got motivated to exercise, I was eating to compensate!! Never been able to combine the 2... Until now!!!! How weird you can do it when you're forced to!!!

How was your weigh in KatD. Fingers crossed it's a good one but don't worry if it's not what you wanted!!! It'll come to us!!!

Have a great weekend and enjoy your trampolining! Xx

Hey Rinata, you star... well done on your weight loss. It is amazing, isn't it? We were carrying that huge weight on us... has your shape changed too. I cannot believe I do not have a huuugeee tummy anymore. There still is tummy but but so much smaller.

KatD, like you, I am not sure whether I should be happy or sad eating everything! I am also ok with bread (toasted) and even had crisps.. those hard tyrlle ones. My portions are much h smaller though. My aim is to change my habits within this year whilst the body has t this ability to feel not hungry ( not much anyway) and stomach still small. Good luck to us all.

Hi Tules, I'm really not sure, I'll mention it when see the dietician at my next appointment. I haven't really eaten other meat yet but can get chicken down fine. Went out for a meal this week and had garlic bread to start and pizza (children's portion of pizza) and managed it fine. Not sure that's a good thing or bad! Worried my sleeve is bigger than others, I don't feel hunger and I am glad I can eat normally just smaller portions. As for the speed I am really trying to chew thoroughly which I think is helping and trying to count to 20 between bites, but that's hit and miss! X

Great you can enjoy a meal out kat!

Xx

Hey Rinata, how are you? Haha I would love a new job :) Ooh I haven't tried the carton soups, but I'll have a look when I go shopping. Got quite a few tins to eat / drink yet :) That's brilliant value with the ready meals. Do you think you've saved money whilst you've been doing this? Although I guess your hubby still has to eat so maybe not!! I'm hoping I will save money cause I won't be eating takeaways etc. Still got my cat to feed though lol. Hahaha hahaha love the idea of a sticker loyalty scheme. Definitely for the suggestion box lol :) :D xxx

BFB, I am actually saving money in some aspects such as ready meals and veg lasting so long but on the other hand, I'm buying more expensive stuff such as protein shakes, yoghurt and now I'm paying for swimming membership. I think it was cheaper in the olden days!!! For example: 4 or 5 bar chocolate multipack £1. Protein yoghurt £2.50!! I know which one I like the taste of!!! Didn't have a lot if takeaways in my previous life but did go OUT for dinner a lot with friends and I really miss that!!! Apart from 2 friends, I haven't met up with any other friends so I can get my diet right!! Can't wait to be let loose again!!! Xx

Weekly weigh in:
Lost 1lb this week which takes me OFFICIALLY to 2 stone weight loss now since my Op on 1st March.

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement as I was hoping to lose about 2-3lbs at least, considering I'm been a lot more mobile and had done nearly 12,000 steps on Wednesday and went swimming yesterday!!

Joined the local swimming baths and did 10 Olympic size pool lengths before I started feeling a pull on my lower abdomen so I didn't push it any further but at least that's 10 more than I've done for years!! Still, it is a shame that my weight loss didn't reflect my hard work or diet this week but I'm thinking of the fact that I will NEVER be the weight I was when I first started this journey so that's keeping me positive and focussed!!

Only 1 month left before I go on holiday so my target of losing an extra stone before I go away seems quite ambitious now but if I keep up my swimming 3-4 times a week at least, then it least I can build up the stamina for when I swim with the whale sharks! As I've said before, I wanted to lose enough weight so I wasn't mistaken for one of them!!! (Maybe that's why I'm frustrated with my minimal weight loss for the last 2-3 weeks as I have the pressure of an activity holiday looming???)

Tules, KatD & SM.... How's your weight loss this week?? KatD.... Hope you haven't paid the price for having that garlic bread & pizza??!!!

Good luck on the weigh in girls and have a good week ahead! Xx

Last edited:
Lost 4lb this week but decided from now on im happy with anything as long as the scale isnt going up! You're doing so well rinata. Really are a star wlsurgery patient! Yeah i can see that 1lb would be frustrating but just remember ur in prime stall period so maybe it'll speed up in next few weeks!

Xx

Sm

Lost 4lb this week but decided from now on im happy with anything as long as the scale isnt going up! You're doing so well rinata. Really are a star wlsurgery patient! Yeah i can see that 1lb would be frustrating but just remember ur in prime stall period so maybe it'll speed up in next few weeks! Xx Sm

Well done on your 4lb loss this week SM!! I think maybe I should stop being a star WLS patient and start the Skips, biscuit and choc pudding diet that is obviously working well for you!! I can't believe I didn't think of doing that earlier!!

Hope you're pain has disappeared now?!

Have a good week xx

Back