• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nhs tummy tuck waiting list

stevieb

I was just wondering how long you had to wait before you got your operation. I saw the plastic surgeon on 17th few and they said 5-8 months. I do know some people have had calls offering them sooner than this. They did say I should get about 4 weeks notice unless a spot becomes available sooner.

I am having my operation done at the royal free in London.

Hi Steve, I saw my consultant start of December. He told me the waiting list was approx 10 months but I got my 1st admission date through for 2nd April. It had now been pushed back until 16th. So 4 months...hopefully it'll stay that way :)

Have you heard anything? Best of luck!

Hooefully you should hear something soon. It was totally unexpected for me, i was thinking October. Dr Coleman in Oxford.

I hope so I am really excited, the surgeon told me that I need to have the fleur de Lis tummy tuck to get the best results.

I know exactly what you mean. Are you having yours done on the NHS too? I have recently been reading all about the variations of tummy tucks, the fleur de lis looks amazing. I am wondering whether I'd benefit from that but I'm having abdominoplasty. My consultant actually applied for extra funding to carry on around the body to have a bum lift too but it was declined. I am totally cool with that though, I'm not greedy, just want rid of this skin!

Yes I got very lucky and managed to get it funded on the nhs. They agreed funding for abdominalplasty which I am happy with. I just want it gone. I feel like my weight lose journey is complete then. I will always need to watch what I eat Ect but the fat me will be gone forever.

Same boat as me :) I do hope you hear soon. I'm convinced mine will be postponed again but we shall see. Just want the next week and a half to disappear! Lots to get your head around isn't it.

How long after your original surgery or getting to target did you have to wait before you applied for further surgery?

I have lost 10 stone since 2009 and have been maintaining for 2 years. The drs say you have to have a Bmi below 27 for 2 years so possibly worth letting them know before so that they can have a record of your Bmi on the system.

Once I had been 27 or below for 2 years I made a drs appointment and then with in 2 weeks I had a yes. It seems to be the hospital stuff eg seeing surgeons getting dates that takes the time.

I lost it through diet and exercise, I could have been refereed to a dr for a gastric operation due to my weight and bmi but they wanted me to try doing it on my own first. I am glad I did, I have great cried for anyone that loses weight even with the help of gastric surgery as I think that's more difficult sometimes due to the restrictions it can put on you for life, eg portions size too much sugar.

Hi Stevie, sorry I thought I replied to this! I agree with you there. I too think it would be tough with the small portions so fair play to those who have gastric bands. But good on you for using your will power and determination.
I'm beginning to think more about fitnes post op. Have you thought about it yet?

I am thinking once I am able to after surgery I will go back to the gym, I am also moving and will be a lot closer to a gym as well

Have you ever done any fitness videos at home? Just having a look at them. Although hoping the op will build confidence and maybe I'll end up in a gym after all

Back