• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not Forgot You All

staypositive

On The Losing Side
Just thought I would let you all know I am still around and doin realy well.

Have been really busy so not really had time to post - although i do pop on from time to time to keep up to date with all your stories.

I am now 11 weeks post bypass and have lost 4 stone. I feel absolutely fantastic and truly believe this operation was one of the best things i have ever done.

Yes - it is bloody hard work sometimes and yes - you at times feel a bit of a social leper, having said that each week gets easier and the advantages far out weigh any inconveniences!!

I find i can pretty much tolerate most foods now.

If there are any pre-oppers out there that I can offer any help / advice to then please, please ask away.

I know it can be a real emotional rollercoaster going through this whole experience - but as long as you hang on tight it's worth it.

Caroline

Hi Caroline what an great weight loss, I am waiting to hear from the PCT for funding for bypass so its good to get such a positive result....xx

fingers crossed you wont have to wait too long. I know the feeling of every day seeming an eternity.

I see your from Lancs - which pct are you under? where you hoping to have your op hon?

Hi Caroline, ltns :) you're doing great, well done!

Thanks shel - looks like your doin really well too.

Don't know about you but i can honestly say it hasn't been half as bad as i thought it was gonna be.

Can't believe what a difference 11 weeks can make to how a person feels.

Hi Caroline,

Its lovely to read your post as I'm having my bypass one week today as long as my last MRSA swob comes back clear. Only had the test yesterday!

fingers crossed you wont have to wait too long. I know the feeling of every day seeming an eternity.

I see your from Lancs - which pct are you under? where you hoping to have your op hon?

I live in Preston so come under central lancs PCT, I have been told it will be by Mr Ammori at Alexandra hospital. Where did you have yours?

Hopefully things should go through fine for you?

Where you havin your op done? How are you feeling?

Make sure you have things in place for when you come home (ie plenty of rest, lots of homemade frozen soups and fruit lollies - i found them a god send).

Caroline

I live in Preston so come under central lancs PCT, I have been told it will be by Mr Ammori at Alexandra hospital. Where did you have yours?

Prof. Mcmahon did mine at Nuffield hospital Leeds. Everything went really well no probs whatsoever.
I believe Mr Ammori is very good, so you will be fine.

I hope so, my last swob came back clear so hopefully all the scrubbing and cream up my nose has done the trick.

Not knowing if I am definately having the op or not due to the MRSA has been VERY hard for me to deal with. I had a bit of a meltdown yesterday before going to the hospital and also nearly cried when the nurse told me my last swob was clear. I would have been OK but she hugged me and that set me off!!

I'm having it at the Spire Hospital Southampton, private hospital but I'm NHS. Mandy and Georgina both had theirs there with the same surgeons.

Mandy has been an absolute diamond with support as well as hints and tips. She didn't evcen mind me asking her really personal nitty gritty questions as I am the sort of person who needs to know everything.

I am a fan of Covent Garden soups so will get some in stock next week. Again thanks to Mandy I now have 4 boxes, one of each flavour of Jubblies lollies.

I've bought a hand blender with various gizmo attachments so sould be sorted with that.

If truth be known I am absolutely bricking it.

Thanks for the invite girls - will let you know if i can make it.

It is really good to be able to chat to people who are on the same journey.

Wonder what I can wear - my wardrobe has never looked so sparce - am avoiding buying too many clothes until i reach target!! Although the temptation is strong - knowing i can walk into "ordinary" shops and buy something!!!

Caroline x

Perissa -
to be bricking it is a feeling we all have at some stage,
to cry is something we all do at some time,
finding it all hard to cope with is a feeling we all have at some point - these are all perfectly normal.

We have to experience these in order to come out the other side:
to feel happy within ourselves - is something we will ALL achieve.
to hear peoples POSITIVE comments about our bodies is a buzz for us all,
to know we have fought the battle and come through a stronger, more positive person - these are all feelings of which no words can describe.

try not to beat yourself up to much about any negative feelings, the positives are not far away.

Mandy is fantastic but if you have any more questions - yes even the gorey ones (i am not easily shocked) feel free to ask away.

Caroline x

Caroline that weight loss is super! 4 stone in just 11 weeks. Way to go! You are doing a great job and it inspires people like me that are pre-op (just 6 more days) so thanks for posting and hope you are enjoying the new you.

Caroline that weight loss is super! 4 stone in just 11 weeks. Way to go! You are doing a great job and it inspires people like me that are pre-op (just 6 more days) so thanks for posting and hope you are enjoying the new you.

wow - 6 days - i remember the feeling!!

can't believe how quickly it has gone.

My personal experience - i honestly didn't find it too bad, just make sure you rest well post op.

i bet u look fantastic !!! Losing weight is such a great feeling eh ! and knowing its never going back on is so liberating ! Clinking my glass of vino at u ....welldone :) xxx

aww cheers hon. Am nearing goal now - almost into those size 12 jeans - so will be calling on you for a make over.
How are you finding life with the band chick ?

Caroline x

oh fantastic !! Size 12 !! yippeeeee for u ! Oh for me to say that one day i think i'd pass out ha ha ! The thought of shopping ....gives me a hot flush ha ha ! Yeah doing ok now, not as easy as i thought it may be. Most of the problems i had have been mentally but been thru so much crap with it in my head when really was a complete waste of time because until i had the right fill amount i thought i was doing so badly....these fills are the key but now i'm at the right amount its a piece of Piss ha ha ! So have u been excercising too ? what about flabby bits are they are a problem or have they shrunk with u ? xxx

so pleased to hear you're at the point were you are in control, think i would have found it hard managing the fills / restriction but a talented girl like you seems to have it sussed.

not really done much in the way of exercise yet but i am gonna start swimming and horse riding - after a 20 year break (look out john wayne - yeeehaa!!).

not too bad for saggy skin yet but am gonna have to start toning before i leave it too late. No major stretch marks to speak of so got away with things quite lightly i think (Bio oil is a must).

How are you - are you loving the way your new body is turning out - you little fox !!!

Caroline x

Back