• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NT1977's Journey to a new life - my stall explained!

You look gorgeous x

I'm really glad you've found a great counsellor to work with, sounds like it's been very positive so far.

You look fab hon :) I remember those early days...where you want to celebrate your weightloss, but you still feel like a 'big girl'. Well done for facing this head on :)

Nina - let me say you look beautiful - there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with going for something in our comfort zone - regardless of size of clothesit is still important that we feel comfortable in what we are wearing, because comfortable can help us to make us feel good. I still wear floaty clothes, loose ones, ones that cover up my arms and my skin filled stomach . . .but feeling comfortable and at ease then helps to give me confidence in making changes.

Like today I'm at work and I have a long floaty top on, but I also have leggings and knee high boots - the top gives me the confidence and the "comfort" to get away from the fact that I'm wearing something tighter - it can take such a lot for the head to adjust but I think you've done a great thing in going back to the counsellor and seeing her once a month :) but apart from her, I am glad that you and your DH have talked too, it must be great to hear what he said - what a wonderful support he is! Sometimes we just need to hear it :)

You look great and I think its a good thing to have the photos because it can help us physically see the changes instead of looking downwards at ourselves we can see what other people see - and you've done so well. You are DOING so WELL.

Sometimes we need to take a step back, regroup, but you've done it in a really positive way, when you were feeling really down and that is great.

LOVING the straight hair too! Sexy lady :D

Nina you are beautiful hun and I so get the comfort zone thing ..my tops must cover my backside and tummy and I can't have my upper arms bare. I'm still wearing a size 24 knicker even though I have and can quite easily fit an 18. As a size 32 I would get dressed and that was it now at an 18 I find myself changing in and out if clothes before I eventually settle on what I am going to wear for the day. Certain aspects of my life was so much easier at size 32 when i dressed only to be comfortable & not to impress. Now it's a whole different kettle of fish and where through my weightloss I was quite happy wearing black leggings and long tops I have just now discovered skirts and dresses can be worn out with special occasions too but I'm still not wholly comfortable in my mind to do so. I see a much larger version of me in the mirror and although I haven't suffered too badly with loose skin I am still not a pretty sight and I feel guilty for moaning about it when on the other hand I am so chuffed about my losses.
For all the researching I had done prior to surgery I don't think I was fully prepared for the reality of it all. However I have no doubt that I made the right call & one way or another we will get there in the end Nina ;) xx

So glad you are feeling better and you are beautiful by the way xx

Thank you for all the positive feedback, I really love this site and that there are people out there who understand what we are going through, it can be isolating having gastric surgery

Hi Nina
wow just looking at your photo you posted..
Wow Girl
You LOOK GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!:party0038:

Well done Nina for your achievements so far. Looking at your photos I can imagine your night out was a success, you looked fab.:)

I didn't realise it had been so long since I have been on here, December and the New Year have been a complete blur!

So I was struggling with my weight, having a stall despite being in the "zone" still and wondering what my next move was going to be. I booked another fill for January so that I had the option to go along and get some advice if I still felt the same.

Several weeks before christmas I spent feeling very run down and just basically bleurgh, and on the 23rd December after suffering a few suspicious symptons over the weekend I took a pregnancy test and of course it was positive! Cue lots of tears and anxiety.

I had been told in May that our chances of conceiving again naturally were 3% (problems with us both). it wasn't something we were thinking could happen without IVF and we had set ourselves a year of the band and both being healthy before we would privately be tested again and re-assess! well this just shows you what weightloss can do!! 6 years of trying for my 4 year old and then I fall pregnant without trying (I refuse to call this an accident!), I cannot use contraceptive and we have been using the withdrawel method (sorry tmi!) which I know does not have the best reliability but along with the fertility problems thought we were pretty safe!

My doctor has been amazing and I have had a scan to date me (PCOS sufferer so cycles are all over the place) so I am currently 7 weeks and baby looking good, next scan in Feb and due date in August.

i have told my provider and I am going to stay as I am for as long as I can, but will probably need a de-fill at about 4/5 months in, but it does not have to be a total de-fill.

on the plus side I have lost another 14lbs since mid-december and apart from a bit of morning sickness I feel on top of the world!

I loved my band before, I love it even more now!!

Nina

Thank you All, I am still in shock! Hoping I can maintain my current weight at least then crack on once baby is here and lose the excess x

Many congratulations. Fantastic news!

Awwwww hun I'm so pleased for you. :wee: your going to have a baby!!!

Back