• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NT1977's Journey to a new life - my stall explained!

Wow, I have just worked out I am now 8 weeks post op which doesn’t seem possible!! Everything is going really well and I am learning to live with my band.

Had my dieticians appointment yesterday and she is happy with what I am eating although would like me to add in a few more carbs which is something I am working on this week. Had another fill so I am now up to 5ml in my 10ml band and I can definitely feel more restriction going on already.

Bread is a total no go for me, I hate the feeling of it clogging at my band so would rather avoid it, same with pasta. I have become a bit of a creature of habit with my food, especially in the week but it is working so I am not going to change it just yet.

Exercise wise it’s going well, I am walking about 3 miles daily and I am going to start the Couch to 5K this week.

Holiday in 2 weeks and wearing a swim suit in public – I don’t care what anyone thinks, I am a work in progress and today I am better than yesterday

Oh and I made my target – size 18 dress to the christening and it felt wonderful!

good luck. ... hope you get to paint your toes soon. :)

Well done you :) setting mini targets along the way really helps! I can envisage the smile as you updates our thread :D

Wow seems like I was away for ages!

2 weeks in Spain and it was lovely, totally chilled out and relaxed although work today has been a bit of a shock to the system.

Band wise I had a bit of a nightmare just before I went and I was getting very upset as nothing was staying down. I took myself back to basics though and even used a timer for chewing/eating and guess what – it worked!! I am fine now, enjoying food again and focusing on quality not quantity. Holiday was fantastic, we only ate out four times, the rest of the time we had BBQ’s with lots of fresh fish and salad. I even managed a steak (ok a quarter of a steak! LOL) and it was divine! Had a few sneaky wines and Vodka and Orange but still managed to lose another 4lbs and I am now well and truly in the 18’s.

First time I have been on holiday and lost weight – Bonus!
Have a dieticians appointment and a fill booked for next Sunday but I am going to see how I feel this week and I may not have any more added to my band, will make the final call at the weekend but will still go along and see the dietician as I like to keep a good check on my diet and how things are going.

Thinking of signing up for some kind of charity run/5k so I can set myself a target – any ideas? Any one else up for doing this?

Next Target is a night out with my friends in November. I would normally cancel or just make an excuse not to go but I am so looking forward to this already. It’s a 90’s revival night and the dress code is mixed but I would love to be able to wear some slinky leggings or tight jeans with a top – size 16 would be wonderful. I dance A LOT when I am in the mood for it so comfort will be key! Never in a million years would I think I would be outfit planning for a night out again!

So a bumpy month since my last fill but a great lesson learnt and working with my band now and it feels good

Thats sounds so good! Well done for going back to basics and it now sounds like you are more confident with it. I think loosing 4lbs on holiday is amazing!

I love the idea of planning a night out in a size 16! I might have to do that too.

Wow seems like I was away for ages!

2 weeks in Spain and it was lovely, totally chilled out and relaxed although work today has been a bit of a shock to the system.

Band wise I had a bit of a nightmare just before I went and I was getting very upset as nothing was staying down. I took myself back to basics though and even used a timer for chewing/eating and guess what – it worked!! I am fine now, enjoying food again and focusing on quality not quantity. Holiday was fantastic, we only ate out four times, the rest of the time we had BBQ’s with lots of fresh fish and salad. I even managed a steak (ok a quarter of a steak! LOL) and it was divine! Had a few sneaky wines and Vodka and Orange but still managed to lose another 4lbs and I am now well and truly in the 18’s.

First time I have been on holiday and lost weight – Bonus!
Have a dieticians appointment and a fill booked for next Sunday but I am going to see how I feel this week and I may not have any more added to my band, will make the final call at the weekend but will still go along and see the dietician as I like to keep a good check on my diet and how things are going.

Thinking of signing up for some kind of charity run/5k so I can set myself a target – any ideas? Any one else up for doing this?

Next Target is a night out with my friends in November. I would normally cancel or just make an excuse not to go but I am so looking forward to this already. It’s a 90’s revival night and the dress code is mixed but I would love to be able to wear some slinky leggings or tight jeans with a top – size 16 would be wonderful. I dance A LOT when I am in the mood for it so comfort will be key! Never in a million years would I think I would be outfit planning for a night out again!

So a bumpy month since my last fill but a great lesson learnt and working with my band now and it feels good

Hi Nina

Good to hear from you and glad you had a good holiday - you sound like you are doing fab! I have no doubt you will be strutting your stuff on the dance floor on your night out.

Justine x

Well done you, nice to hear you're doing so well, I'm off to France next week and I am dreading the food part a bit as eating is such a huge part of our culture, and as other members of the family will be coming down at times, it's going to be a whirlwind of cooking, eating, drinking etc... But hey, que sera sera.

Congrats again. :)

Hi Nina,
It's always great to have u back. Loosing 4lbs during ur holidays is phenomenal. It always feels good to plan a girls night out and also looking forward for a wonderful outfit. Sure u will attain ur target......

Hey diary, good to see you :D its been far to long!

So work and home have kept me busy but I am having a little bit of a quiet period today so have been on here reading and catching up on everyone's news, great to see so many people still hard at work.

I had my third fill done last month and I actually feel now like I am in a good place. Restriction is good, I feel quicker and satisfied longer. I cannot tolerate bread or pasta but other than that things are good, everything in moderation and quality food. I even coped whilst away with work all last week eating in various lovely restaraunts in London.

My weight is going down, I am now lighter than I was when I got married 10 years ago which is a major major achievement for me. I am slowly moving down the sizes, and rapidly expanding my wardrobe with bits from Ebay for work as I cannot afford to keep paying out. lots of bits have gone on Ebay as a seller too so I think of it as recycling my money.

The biggest change has been in my mind shift though, I feel totally in control. Nothing is a barrier now, I seem to be able to think around things to find a solution. I meet over a hundred new people last week and did not blink an eyelid which would have been unheard of even 6 months ago. My confidence is growing daily in my own abilities and my own self worth - this is an amazing change for me and has proven tough for some people closest to me but whilst I would never be horrible to them, they do have to accept that I am not just going to be a pushover like I have been in the past - I have a voice and I will use it.

My husband is starting to struggle a little with the changes in me, I think he is worried I will go all crazy and want to be out 24/7 or not want to be with him anymore as I get more body confident but I am working on reassuring him more than anything, I would feel the same in his shoes and he has nothing to worry about - he is the love of my life and I love my family. I am however getting more of a social life, but I don't want him to see that as a threat ,more that we have interests outside of the family (I am talking going out once a month!)

CBT has finished for me and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone who is going through WLS or who has food issues, it has worked wonders for me so far. I will continue to write in my diary as it helps me to rationalise how I feeling. I have not binged for 12 weeks - I am very proud of that fact.

My next challange is that I have joined the Gym, motivated by posts from the lovely TopKat on MFP, I have decided to try and go for the burn even more and start toning up my body best I can, I am acutally looking forward to aching muscles and looking like a giant tomato lol

Life is good and with the help of my band I am making the changes to make it even better :)

That's brilliant news well done you!

Hi Nina,
Where have you been? It's always good to read from you. I can see you are doing amazingly well. Keep up girl....

Oh, Nina, that's brilliant news!

Men are such plonkers, aren't they? We women get described as being the insecure ones, but by gum, lose a few pounds and they're all worried you're going to run off with the milkman!!! :D

Well done, lady. :)

I am getting a bit lax at writing in my diary but think thats because things are finally becoming second nature to me now.

So had another fill this week, early days but it feels ok at the moment. the good news is that I am now feeling "full" physically rather than guessing. I certainly know what to stop eating right now which is a good thing.

Positives which I keep focusing on:

1 - food no longer rules my life, I rule what I eat
2 - I am no longer using food as a tool to soothe, please, praise or punish myself.
3 - I have saved loads of money! lol
4 - I can buy clothes in most shops
5 - I am starting to feel lighter - strange as it may seem, when I swim/exercise I can feel the weight is going
6 - I don't take up more than one seat on the train/bus
7 - I don't feel like everyone is watching me when I eat
8 - I feel confident in my choices, even when eating out and I don't care is someone challanges me as to why I am having a starter for a main or just soup. my answer "I am managing my weight" I am not ashamed of who I am or what I am doing, generally it opens up a conversation about weight and others insecurities and rarely focuses on me!

So there you have it, life is pretty good, my band is my friend. I have a holiday booked next week with the family and then it is back to christmas party season, am I worried like last year? not on your life!! I am going to enjoy every minute of it, no matter what size I may be by then, I am a work in progress

Well done, it sounds so positive. Amazing!

Back