• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

October 2015 Surgeries

Well done sundown, glad your back and all done ok X

Now it's Mrs b turn.

And then me on Sunday :)

Hi everyone
Surgery happened on Wednesday at 2pm.
I agree with Sundown it was painful when I came round. They gave me quite a bit of morphine because I kept saying how much it hurt. Morphine did take the pain away thank goodness.
Discharged me Thursday afternoon. Journey home was not particularly comfortable. I admire those that go abroad and then have to fly home.
Today's been fine, found it hard and haven't managed to drink 3 pints like the instructions say. Have managed a1/4 of a tin of lentil and bacon soup which I blended and stirred in some whey powder for extra protein.

How is everyone else getting on with their fluids?
X

Well done Mrs Beaver! Now all us Oct gals are slowly filing on to that losers bench!

Bella's Mum. Yesterday, my discharge day, was awful for fluids. Today I've really worked at constantly sipping water and got in 2 litres. Also had a protein shake and two small bowls (about 200ml each) of soup.

Wind. Well hands down the best thing I've found is to keep moving! I've been constantly pottering about the house and even standing and moving from foot to foot to watch TV. It's definitely shifting it all! No pain meds today either - just didn't need them as the soreness was very manageable.

Well done Mrs Beaver! Now all us Oct gals are slowly filing on to that losers bench! Bella's Mum. Yesterday, my discharge day, was awful for fluids. Today I've really worked at constantly sipping water and got in 2 litres. Also had a protein shake and two small bowls (about 200ml each) of soup. Wind. Well hands down the best thing I've found is to keep moving! I've been constantly pottering about the house and even standing and moving from foot to foot to watch TV. It's definitely shifting it all! No pain meds today either - just didn't need them as the soreness was very manageable.
Glad you are feeling better today.x

Glad you are feeling better today.x

How's your pain levels now BM?

Agree on the journey home. I had a pillow on my tum and the seatbelt loose over that but, by God, I could tell you the location of every pothole between Southampton and Gloucestershire because I experienced every ruddy one! :)

How's your pain levels now BM? Agree on the journey home. I had a pillow on my tum and the seatbelt loose over that but, by God, I could tell you the location of every pothole between Southampton and Gloucestershire because I experienced every ruddy one! :)
Hi Sundown
Pain is not too bad now. How are you?

BM - mostly trying to get enough nutrition in as I'm having a few dizzy spells here. I I think I may actually also be doing too much pottering currently, I probably only sit down for an hour or so a day so I'm going to wind it back a bit.

Are you getting in your fluids and food okay?

Well done guys. Thanks for the updates. My gastric sleeve is on Monday and its great to know what sort of things to expect. Xx

Thanks Anna. I'm really excited. Not for the surgery but for the new life afterwards X

Yeah I was the same hun I was dreading surgery but the excitement of being healthy and slim out weighed it all xx

BM - mostly trying to get enough nutrition in as I'm having a few dizzy spells here. I I think I may actually also be doing too much pottering currently, I probably only sit down for an hour or so a day so I'm going to wind it back a bit. Are you getting in your fluids and food okay?
Had a protein drink and thought I was doing OK. BUT had my first bowel movement( won't go in to detail) wasn't like I thought. Maybe the sugar content was too high at 5g per 100g but was lower than the slimfast they told us to have.
How are you doing with the eating?

Well done guys. Thanks for the updates. My gastric sleeve is on Monday and its great to know what sort of things to expect. Xx

The very best for Monday!

Back