• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ohtobeslinky is on her way!

Right - Day 1 of pre-op diet is a go. I've bought a "surgery box" from Healthier Weight which contains everything I need. 5 shakes and 2 soups a day and 5 portions of fruit and veg. Is it wrong that I'm hungry already?!

Bit of a shock to be honest. I wasn't expecting to start until Thursday so I had plans of what my last chocolate bar would be, my last packet of crisps... but the clinic called me and said they had to move my operation so start the diet now now now!

I suppose it's better this way. A quick sharp shock to the system and I'm off. less than two weeks now and I'll be under the knife and welcoming my new slim-line stomach.

I can't bloody wait!!

Right - Day 1 of pre-op diet is a go. I've bought a "surgery box" from Healthier Weight which contains everything I need. 5 shakes and 2 soups a day and 5 portions of fruit and veg. Is it wrong that I'm hungry already?!

I'm on my 2nd (and last) week of pre-op doing one that's just 8oz chicken/white fish/tofu, 4 eggs, spinach/brocolli/cabbage, clear soup, 3 small pieces of fruit a day. I found the first 3 days really hard, I was so hungry all the time - literally woke up in the night feeling hungry! After that it was fine, the hunger went away. It's a bit of a body shock to go from our normal (well...abnormal) diet to something that's essentially VLCD in various forms.

It'll all be a bit of a whirl for you now! :)

Hi
I've just booked a sleeve with Mr Li but got to have a band removal as well let me know how you get on good luck x

Sundown - oh yes! but now I have a nasty cold which I just have to shake off! I'm pumping myself full of every cold sure possible as I am adamant not to have my surgery cancelled due to a blimmin' cold!!!

Hi Monalisa - will let you know how I get on. Which company are you using? I've booked mine with Healthier Weight but I know Mr Li also works with other companies.

Hi I went to him direct having my surgery at spire Manchester my aftercare package is with them I've got to have a band removal as well keep in touch x

My bypass LSD was four Weightwatchers soups, four Muller Light yogs and 500 ml of semi skimmed milk ONLY a day for four weeks. You guys are feasting in comparison. Good luck with your procedures. We'll make room on the losers' bench for you xxx

Hi Monalisa - will keep in touch. Had pre-op assessment last night at the Spire - they are so lovely!

Lilacglittergirl - that sounds awful! I really like what I have. Healthier Weight/Weight to Go have obviously done a lot of work to make their super low calorie diet tasty.

I went yesterday for a band deflation are you at Manchester? They are lovely I actually had my band repositioned there in January due to NHS bed shortage but under prof Ammori. I have met Mr Li he seems really nice and he did my friends band. Good luck with your surgery and I'm glad I don't have to do your lsd lilac glitter girl x

. Healthier Weight/Weight to Go have obviously done a lot of work to make their super low calorie diet tasty.[/QUOTE]

Hello.. I have the same pre op pack. Started on tuesday and surgery on sunday. I'm going to London but my aftercare in Manchester. Struggling tbh with this diet, just cos I'm nervous and I want to eat when I'm nervous!! I'm off work now though so I can get my head round it!

Good luck with the op x x

That is precisely why my LSD was what it was, to get us in the zone for breaking our relationship with food - our best friend and worst enemy. To achieve maximum results food needs to become a means to an end only, and all rituals, pleasure, etc around eating need to be ditched for WLS to work. I have very little pleasure with food and i am delighted by that as it is exactly what I had hoped for. Xxxx

PS: I have a thread under Gastric Bypass RNY. inspirational photos. Its title is 'Be a warrior not a worrier'. If anyone has the time and/or inclination to visit xxxx

Hi Monalisa - I haven't actually met Mr Li - I met his boss for my consultation but everyone I've met agrees with you that he's lovely. And yes, I'm at the Manchester Spire.

SunnyJ - stick with it. You can have one of the meals instead of a soup if you want to - I asked them directly via their FB page as was needing something solid. And you need to do it. Can you imagine if you get to surgery and they say no because you ate something you shouldn't have? You would kick yourself! You can do it! :D x

Hi Monalisa - I haven't actually met Mr Li - I met his boss for my consultation but everyone I've met agrees with you that he's lovely. And yes, I'm at the Manchester Spire. SunnyJ - stick with it. You can have one of the meals instead of a soup if you want to - I asked them directly via their FB page as was needing something solid. And you need to do it. Can you imagine if you get to surgery and they say no because you ate something you shouldn't have? You would kick yourself! You can do it! :D x

Thanks Hun ... It's true I keep telling myself. I'm really scared of the surgery I mean freaking out scared but I know deep down its the right thing to do I'm just scared of the actual surgery !! I had my tonsils out when I was 8 and a few other stuff (lots of hospital time as a kid) but nothing else since and I didn't realise how scared I am!! Argh .... X

Keep calm and breathe. I'm also quite scared even though I've had brain surgery whilst awake! I'm not sure why. It may not just be the surgery that I'm scared of but what it will mean for the rest of my life. It's such a massive change, and will mean a change of lifestyle, social life, everything!

Wow that's serious surgery and really brave X

Yep maybe it's is the change after the surgery too... Because everything will have to change.. Which I want BUT ....

Which we definitely want, we want and need the change.

We will be ok and not long now X x

Good luck with it :) X X

Back