• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG I can't believe it !!!

Paula Garner

After almost two years of waiting, I have just had the call from the bariatric team at Derby I've got my surgery date !!!!

On the 23/9/12 the new chapter of my life will begin. I'm excited and scared all at the same time !!! I'm still in shock :)

Fantastic news Paula and not long to wait now at all. Congratulations x

So pleased to hear this honey!

What good news and after such a long wait!

I know you've been waiting for ages, I'm so happy for you :553:
20 days to go!!
Lots of luck
Em xxxx

Congrads are in order for one of my co-WLsurgery user. woohoo may your dream soon to follow....

Congrats hun it will be worth the wait.I was two and a half years and thought it would never happen!
You will be rushed off your feet all of a sudden then before you know it you have lost 6st!Maz x

Awww thank you all so much. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed to be honest. Can't wait though, bring it on !!!! :)

That's exactly how I felt...I was so excited!
The nurse and the anaesthetist laughed at me because I was so excited while I was on the bed waiting for my anaesthetic.
Once it's over you won't look back...even at just 2 weeks post op I'm already feeling better than I have in years.
When do you start your pre op diet? And which one are you doing?
Em xxx

Evenstarr said:
That's exactly how I felt...I was so excited!
The nurse and the anaesthetist laughed at me because I was so excited while I was on the bed waiting for my anaesthetic.
Once it's over you won't look back...even at just 2 weeks post op I'm already feeling better than I have in years.
When do you start your pre op diet? And which one are you doing?
Em xxx

I start it on Sunday. I'm going to do the milk diet. It will be easier for me while I'm in work :)

mamiof3kids said:
Congratulations wow! That was a really long wait. Was this what the insurance require?

Sent from my iPod touch using WLSurgery

No lol, just the usual time most of us have to wait on the NHS :)

If you're allowed sugar free jelly go for it, I think that's what really helped me on the milk diet.
Good luck
Em xxxx

Back