• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG I can't believe it !!!

Excellent news Paula, I'm so happy for you xxx

Paula Lewis said:
After almost two years of waiting, I have just had the call from the bariatric team at Derby I've got my surgery date !!!!

On the 23/9/12 the new chapter of my life will begin. I'm excited and scared all at the same time !!! I'm still in shock :)

Brilliant news ?what are you having done ?

Have you got a date for your pre op Paula? Funny us both being told our dates on the same day!! I told most people at work today now I have my date and they were all really positive and supportive, which was nice :)

s-a-r-a-h said:
Have you got a date for your pre op Paula? Funny us both being told our dates on the same day!! I told most people at work today now I have my date and they were all really positive and supportive, which was nice :)

No Sarah, have you? The secretary said they have to confirm it in writing first. I was I work when I got the call, all my work colleagues cheered !! They have all been so supportive it's great.

No not yet Paula. She said she will write confirming the details. When I asked about my pre op she said she was going to let them know once I'd accepted the date.

I've got oct 13th Jo so a couple of weeks after Paula. You should be hearing from them in the next few weeks I would have thought. :)

I think so too Jo. They've started weekend surgery to clear the back log. You could always ring and ask them how far you are from the top Jo ?

`’•.¸*♫♪(✿◠‿◠)♫♪*¸.•’´
........Congratulations ........
¸.•’´*♫♪(✿◠‿◠)♫♪*`’•.¸

Good luck on your journey
(✿◠‿◠) **X

Your very welcome
(✿◠‿◠) **

Brilliant news Paula.

Yes, your new life is about to start.

Wishing you the best. :) x

Congratulations Paula!! So pleased for you.. xxx

I'm so so pleased for you! You have waited so long, and everyone else was getting their dates.
At last you can look forward!

I have been back at work this week - I work in a school so have been off 10 weeks altogether. I am feeling a little bigheaded from all the lovely comments I've had.

So - that will be you in November - just in time for Christmas. :happy036:

Emma x

Aww thank you so much Emma. I work on an intensive stroke rehab team, so I was wondering how long I may need to take off. How much weight have you lost already ? I can't wait to see it falling off me !

I'm wondering how long to take also Paula. They said 2 weeks at derby but I don't think that's long enough. My friend on the same ward I work on took 10 weeks for a lap chole and I would say the bypass is a bigger op than a straightforward daycase gall bladder removal?? My manager has said that 2 weeks isn't long enoughso she is expecting me to be off for longer x

Back