• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG

I do already eat dried fruit, nuts AND chocolate every day, just not that much of it! Even the odd choc digestive biscuit. Basically I eat whatever I want, just small quantities.

Average day's food: Breakfast: Two Ryvitas with low fat sliced cheese on, grilled till bubbling :) NB at the moment have a tooth problem so am finding crunchy food difficult to eat, so tend not to eat much of the Ryvita, just the cheese!

Lunch: my staple: spaghetti squash with grated low fat cheese and a tomato sauce (usually ketchup *blush*). Salad. Followed by a row of chocolate squares, some dried fruit.

Snack: some nuts and raisins.

Supper: Protein and veg. Either chicken/turkey/duck/fish with salad and veggies. Sometimes a home made soup first but I don't often have room for both soup and main course.

More snack food later.

Drinks throughout the day: Gallons of tea with fresh lemon and fresh ginger. Water and diet grapefruit squash.

I'm eating less than this I think (?)-- and stuck at 15 stone (!) :mad: :mad:

(In fact just over 15 st -- hovering between 15.0 and 15.2 for the past 4 weeks.)

(In fact just over 15 st -- hovering between 15.0 and 15.2 for the past 4 weeks.)

Hugs Sharon. Perhaps count the cals (mfp) for a while to make absolutely sure it's what you think it is? And lower the carbs? Increase the exercise? Increase the water? Xx

:mad::( I guess this shows it's different for everyone and why the surgeon says expect to lose no more than 70% of excess weight. Have you got to that point yet in terms of your weight loss? x x

**I see you have reached the 70% excess weight loss from a previous post about set points - apologies for asking again!

Last edited:
Hugs Sharon. Perhaps count the cals (mfp) for a while to make absolutely sure it's what you think it is? And lower the carbs? Increase the exercise? Increase the water? Xx

I don't have high tech gadgets to be able to make use of MFP on the move.

Have tried writing everything down and calorie counting manually for a few weeks and generally around 1500 cals a day ..... unfortunately I need to starve myself on *less* than 1500 a day in order to lose weight.

As for everything else (carbs and lack of good protein meals at the mo) -- I am very restricted due to lack of kitchen/fridge space in current accomm ..... plus totally unsettled with no permanent work yet etc etc. (Currently unable to store soft cheese / cold meats / chicken etc -- and live off high-ish carb, low protein soups and other convenience food, non perishable.)

I hope beyond hope that I will get a *permie* job soon and then everything else can start falling into place.

Sharon have you tried protein bars I get them from Holland an Barrett they're not cheap but have 30grm protein in each one I usually get the strawberry cheesecake one because it's not covered in chocolate , the penny sale is on now so basically you get 2 for 1 xxx slim fast is half price tub at Sainsbury at moment too xxx I'm sending a big hug and wish I could do something to help :)

Sharon have you tried protein bars I get them from Holland an Barrett they're not cheap but have 30grm protein in each one I

I do occasionally have protein bars, but thanks for the reminder -- it is something I need to do more of. (Most protein shakes cause me "dumping" due to the high sugar content -- my sleeve is over sensitive to certain types of sugar esp in drinks.)

Yes I had H&B on my weekend shopping list for something else (some vitamin thingy) so will add protein bars to the list !!

Thanks !!!

I don't have high tech gadgets to be able to make use of MFP on the move.

As for everything else (carbs and lack of good protein meals at the mo) -- I am very restricted due to lack of kitchen/fridge space in current accomm ..... plus totally unsettled with no permanent work yet etc etc. (Currently unable to store soft cheese / cold meats / chicken etc -- and live off high-ish carb, low protein soups and other convenience food, non perishable.)

oops sorry you had told me before about not having a phone to use mfp, you can do it on a pc if possible. I think your weight has stalled because of the lack of protein too. Plus it fills you up of course, so you may be able to reduce the cals down a bit. I really hope life gets back to normal soon xx

Sharon! When I couldnt eat enough to get my protein in, I was drinking the protein water, and the protein shots.. Loads of protein, but no sugar no carbs and no fat, and only 100 calories per 25gm of protein. I found the protein powder was too sickly for me and tasted like baby milk!!! but the protein water is a much better option I think. If you would like the link just pm me and I will send it to you where I bought mine from.. I wish I could lose weight on 1500 calories!! If my calorie intake goes over 800 a day then my weight loss slows and over a 1000 it stops altogether lol!! I must be doing something wrong I think.... xx

My team suggest 800-100 cals a day in weight loss phase. And over 1200+ in maintenance. I know mine is a bypass. But just thought I would mention it x

Reporting in...went to the dentist yesterday re my painful tooth (that was preventing me eating crunchy stuff). Turned out a tooth that had previously been root-canal'd had split horizontally and a largeish piece was just dangling on a thread of gum. No wonder it killed me. The dentist gave me 3 injections (!!) as it was so sensitive, to numb the area before removing the dangly bit, and putting in a filling, which will eventually form the base of a crown.

Funny anecdote: I have a bad cold so was sneezing and coughing at the dentist; both he and his nurse wore facemasks as they always do. Nurse commented: "I must get a flu jab; I don't want to get the flu." Dentist: "Oh I don't believe in flu jabs." Me "why?" (thinking: dangerous? unhealthy?) Dentist: "I'm scared of needles."

I cracked up. I said "You're a wuss! You can dish it out but you can't take it eh?" Dentist: "Yup!"

Anyway at least tooth is a bit better. But with my cold and the fact that our central heating has conked out (!!) I don't have much appetite. So am eating very little right now.

Glad you got your tooth sorted out Ruthie. xx

My team suggest 800-100 cals a day in weight loss phase. And over 1200+ in maintenance. I know mine is a bypass. But just thought I would mention it x

If you look at most weight loss sites the calorie intake and duration is pretty much the same for the bypass and the sleeve - 800 to 1000 in weight loss phase then 1000-1200 thereafter...

"Less than 800 calories consumed per day for the first 12-18 months. Can increase caloric intake to 1,000-1,200 daily thereafter" (taken from one of the many comparison charts)

That is basically what my team told me Samsara.. I think at 1500 calories or over it would be hard for anyone to lose any weight in truth, unless they were excercising or doing some kind of sport regularly that burned up a lot of energy, but that's only my opinion, so I may have it all wrong xx

That is basically what my team told me Samsara.. I think at 1500 calories or over it would be hard for anyone to lose any weight in truth, unless they were excercising or doing some kind of sport regularly that burned up a lot of energy, but that's only my opinion, so I may have it all wrong xx

I looked on about 20 weight loss surgery sites last night (I was looking at comparison charts mainly) and they all said the same thing. So your team are right and anyone eating more than that cannot expect to be losing any weight... When I get there I will definitely be calorie counting as I'm going to make damn sure this tool works for me :p x x x

I am glad my team got something right lol

I don't count calories because I get obsessive. But I stick to a small side plate with protein first and veg. Sometimes a bit of basmati rice or potato.

I snack on fruit (not too much). And sometimes a belvita bar (this is all when I am on track like now lol)

So I know my cals are pretty low. I am losing when I eat this way. When I was eating more it stopped. Makes sense lol

I looked on about 20 weight loss surgery sites last night (I was looking at comparison charts mainly) and they all said the same thing. So your team are right and anyone eating more than that cannot expect to be losing any weight... When I get there I will definitely be calorie counting as I'm going to make damn sure this tool works for me :p x x x

Calorie counting isn't for everyone SamSara. I know a lot of long termers don't do it, they just eat healthily and small portions, but they can tell you roughly how many calories a day they are consuming all the same and it seems to be around the l000 - 1200 mark for maintaining their weight,
I'm probably a bit too obsessive, as I still keep a food diary a write everything I eat & drink down, & record Calories, protein, Fat & Carbs daily still, which means Weighing everything .... But I need that sort of control still.... I Eventually Im - sure I'll be Confident enough to ease up a little and stop the food diary hopefully:

Calorie counting isn't for everyone SamSara. I know a lot of long termers don't do it, they just eat healthily and small portions, but they can tell you roughly how many calories a day they are consuming all the same and it seems to be around the l000 - 1200 mark for maintaining their weight,
I'm probably a bit too obsessive, as I still keep a food diary a write everything I eat & drink down, & record Calories, protein, Fat & Carbs daily still, which means Weighing everything .... But I need that sort of control still.... I Eventually Im - sure I'll be Confident enough to ease up a little and stop the food diary hopefully:

I don't expect to calorie count for life - only until I can recognise what 800-1000 calories looks like visually - and then 1000-1200 calories! Until that time I would keep a close eye on things ;) But I think if things aren't going the way you want them to then the first thing you need to go back to is the food diary and make sure you are not eating more (or less) calories than you should be x x

Can you post links to the charts that say 800 cals per day please? I'd like to have a read and cant find them. Maybe its different for sleevers, therefore why we lose slower than bypassers?

Can you post links to the charts that say 800 cals per day please? I'd like to have a read and cant find them. Maybe its different for sleevers, therefore why we lose slower than bypassers?

Bypassers bypass some calorie absorption. I know some sleevers who have lost faster than some bypassers though. I guess they stick to low cals. Which means your body has to lose eventually regardless.

A post further up said cals are same for both ops x

Back