• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG

Bypassers bypass some calorie absorption. I know some sleevers who have lost faster than some bypassers though. I guess they stick to low cals. Which means your body has to lose eventually regardless.

A post further up said cals are same for both ops x

Exactly that - sleeve is restriction only so slower weight loss than bypass...

the DS has the highest malabsorbtion than any other I was told not to worry about calories just make sure I have 100 grms protein per day I try to do this as best I can so don't have many carbs etc as can't fit them in but my protein bars have quite high carbs 23 but they are still happy with that as is low for daily recommended amount :) I don't have mfp can I get it on my kindle fire ? I was laughing before I know more about bypass than DS hmmm not so sure it's that funny :( xxx

I think ensuring clean protein is eaten is the most important thing. For overall health it makes sense. Like my lunch. I ate my beef first, them mushrooms and only a little rice and sweet corn. Works best for me that way.

that's what I try to do x protein first then if I can fit veg in will do :) the protein bars are a stand by for when I am somewhere can't find something suitable to eat xxx and as I only have half hour for lunch at work it's quick and easy to have :) if I'm not having a couple of crackers and cheese , I don't really eat processed meats I cook everything from scratch even to ham roasted by myself I have a meat slicer so can get lots from a piece and I know exactly what's in it :)

Same here also. I lhink even those who don't count calories, always seem to keep an eye on their protein intake as it is so important, both for losing weight, and retaining lean muscle mass, minimising hair loss and So much else. My friend had a sleeve same day as I had my bypass and we see the same dietician and she has given us the same range of calorie amounts to stay Within to enable healthy weight loss and that Was ideally 800-1000 cals per day, So I assume sleeve or bypass, calorie is bout the same' just by passers tend to lose a little more on that amount due to the malabsorption

Can you post links to the charts that say 800 cals per day please? I'd like to have a read and cant find them. Maybe its different for sleevers, therefore why we lose slower than bypassers?

Doesnt your dietician give you your guidelines Becky?

That sounds brilliant to me xxx

that's what I try to do x protein first then if I can fit veg in will do :) the protein bars are a stand by for when I am somewhere can't find something suitable to eat xxx and as I only have half hour for lunch at work it's quick and easy to have :) if I'm not having a couple of crackers and cheese , I don't really eat processed meats I cook everything from scratch even to ham roasted by myself I have a meat slicer so can get lots from a piece and I know exactly what's in it :)

Protein bars are good for that. I have done that if I am out and about. Pop into a health food store. Instead of eating something unsuitable x

I've figured out to get my fitness pal for my BlackBerry and put it on kindle fire that's what I'm using most of the Time xx Will have a good look and check out the recommendations for everything then adapt the protein side but should still be ok I think :) hope anyway x more to this losing weight malarkey than eating :)

Sharon! When I couldnt eat enough to get my protein in, I was drinking the protein water, and the protein shots.. Loads of protein, but no sugar no carbs and no fat, and only 100 calories per 25gm of protein. I found the protein powder was too sickly for me and tasted like baby milk!!! but the protein water is a much better option I think. If you would like the link just pm me and I will send it to you where I bought mine from.. I wish I could lose weight on 1500 calories!! If my calorie intake goes over 800 a day then my weight loss slows and over a 1000 it stops altogether lol!! I must be doing something wrong I think.... xx

Same here .
1100 and i've just discovered it starts to go up !!! And this is with exercising !

Ruthie's diary looks no more than 1,000 kcals to me. I eat between 1,000-1,200 a day and have lost every week so far since my op. obviously my intake was much lower at the beginning. Don't get obsessed with other people's calories just work out what works for you. Everybody is different.

I think people need to e aware of what works for them. If you tried to make me stick to 1200 cals I'd be so grumpy you'd hate me. I average weekly at probably 1500. I don't count anything anymore but know this from before and I lose well like this. Just saying. But it is 1500 I good quality protein and little ish carbs.

I think people need to e aware of what works for them. If you tried to make me stick to 1200 cals I'd be so grumpy you'd hate me. I average weekly at probably 1500. I don't count anything anymore but know this from before and I lose well like this. Just saying. But it is 1500 I good quality protein and little ish carbs.

That's a good point. Not all calories are created equally. Low carb can mean the body can lose weight with higher calorie consumption.

also don't forget we don't absorb everything either :) I'm not sure what the rates are but I know every op is different for absorption xx

How many calories you need to lose weight varies so much from person to person.

1,200 to 1,400 was right for me to lose (based on an allowance when I did rosemary conley). But I'm 5ft 10, have a sedentary job but do a fair bit of exercise.

I know that if I ate less than 1,000 I would feel ill but thats just me :D

How many calories you need to lose weight varies so much from person to person.

1,200 to 1,400 was right for me to lose (based on an allowance when I did rosemary conley). But I'm 5ft 10, have a sedentary job but do a fair bit of exercise.

I know that if I ate less than 1,000 I would feel ill but thats just me :D

I am 6 ft 2 and often have wondered about it. As I sometimes lose more just by eating a bit more. But then nothing stays the rule with my weight loss. Grrrr! Lol

I have quite an active life too. I go gym now, exercise on the wii and run around a lot during the day.

Hmmm food for thought lol

I suppose I have a very active job and am on my feet upwards of 5 hours a day on some days. (no - I still have no idea how I managed that at 30 stone, nor how I still managed to be 30 stone!). So clearly that will give me more leeway. Plus bypass as opposed to the sleeve. High protein and lots of fluids.

Back