• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Only 7 days to go :)))

When did you start getting in put from your provider?
I started my pre op diet yesterday and surgery is Tuesday and the only the time they have been in touch was for payment.
Do they tens to be in touch more after surgery?

I would have thought they would ring to see how you are getting on on the diet and certainly by now to see if you are all set for your op and if you have any questions. Post op I get a call every Monday from the nurse/dietician to see how I am getting on and see the surgeon for a check up on wounds and a general chat. Have you heard anything from them yet? X

Its so natural honestly I had days I was a basket case and now 2 wks out I wonder what all the fuss was about you will be totally fine. Since the op ive lost 18lbs just think of the positives! X

Well I think I am finally over a stall that has been ongoing since Christmas... Weight today is half a stone less!!! I've tried all sorts to get the weight loss started again, hopefully it will keep going down for a while now :)

Hi cat and fee how are you both doing? I'm doing fine weight loss remains slow but steady so I'm happy with that, head hunger for naughty foods creeping back so having to keep myself in check, I've lost 4 and a half stone so far since 31 st October, but only averaging a pound a week so hoping it doesn't go any slower. Need to up my exercise but am sooooo tired all the time I find it difficult to motivate myself to do any! Hope you are both doing well xx

Hi cat and fee how are you both doing? I'm doing fine weight loss remains slow but steady so I'm happy with that, head hunger for naughty foods creeping back so having to keep myself in check, I've lost 4 and a half stone so far since 31 st October, but only averaging a pound a week so hoping it doesn't go any slower. Need to up my exercise but am sooooo tired all the time I find it difficult to motivate myself to do any! Hope you are both doing well xx

Hiya! I'm doing good thanks. well I say that weight loss is the same as you slow but it's coming off so that's good! I've lost about 4 since my op 7.5stone in total! feels good to be able go "normal" shops for clothes! even sainsbury and asda it's a godsend! downside is my hair is falling out thick and fast. I have really thick hair so no one had noticed apart from my other half who had to unclog the hoover lol!
I too have started getting tempted by naughty things. don't seem to dump on much and when I do its never too bad. if I eat a dinner that's maybe too many calories u get a bad head and feel sleepy and sometimes runs but us nothing major as it was in the early days. I'm extremely tired a lot tho. Had my 2nd b12 last week and I was expecting to be feeling full of life but no I could sleep through an apocalypse! the last couple of days I have really upped my water intake and I have to say I'm feeling energised today. hope everyone is doing well xx

Sounds like your doing really well fee, so pleased, I too have really thick hair and haven't notices it coming out as yet, but I had radiotherapy 2 years ago and had to shave my head due to all the bald patches so I'm hoping that it is very strong now following that and am hoping that if I do loose it it won't notice to bad,although I do still have a vast amount of hats from my bald days lol. I wonder what we can do about the head hunger and fancying naughty nibbles? Will power alone may not be enough lol, I tend to come on here if I feel a bit out of control to keep me focused, or look at my before photo, I'm just so worried to slip back into my old habits, I haven't had any chocolate since October but I sooooo want some!

wow we have to have b12as standard I thought everyone had too? I find it so hard to avoid temptation. the other day I had 2 bags of niknaks! not at the sane time but felt so guilty after. I hadn't been shopping and it was a that was in so I've got take an effort to keep healthy snacks in the house. it will do the kids and other half good too and they haven't really moaned about the lack of chocolate! I think crisps are this households downfall so I've replaced them with snack a jacks now and so far no Complaints! ur so good for not having chocolate I have the odd bit but it makes me feel really ill after but I'm usually OK if I have decent chocolate like green and black or hotel chocolat but it so expensive I never buy it lol xx

Hi,where did you have your operation? Up to now went to see Mr ackroyed wensday but so his lovely blonde Dr which I think is better as she's got a better bed side manor lol,she said I was doing great when I was in thornbury Oct 31st I was 147.50 now I'm 115kg and feel great,told her I get very un comfortable while eating she said its ok.got to go back in six months.
Bigbeefybuilder

Hi,where did you have your operation? Up to now went to see Mr ackroyed wensday but so his lovely blonde Dr which I think is better as she's got a better bed side manor lol,she said I was doing great when I was in thornbury Oct 31st I was 147.50 now I'm 115kg and feel great,told her I get very un comfortable while eating she said its ok.got to go back in six months.
Bigbeefybuilder

I had mine at royal Derby. Ur weightless is fantastic! my weight on discharge was 148.8kg now I'm 125.5 x

I had my op at the London Independent I went private and so I think once you've paid your money and had the op they don't really bother with you post op, that's probably why I haven't had any b12 or any follow up, only ever spoke to the dietician on the phone once pre op and once 2 weeks post op and nothing since! If it wasn't for this site I wouldn't have a clue what I should be doing / eating etc. BBB your doing really well!

Hello, I'm so glad you've posted this as I am the same.. 4 stone off since 30th Oct but now really slow. Head hunger creeping back too, was going to make appointment with dietician to try and get back on track. Weightloss surgery is by no means the easy option.. Xx

Cat if you get any tips from the dietician please share lol, it's strange how we all seem to hit the same feelings at the same time, how are you dealing with the head hunger? I'm really struggling just want to eat something bad like chocolate or cake but know if I have one I'll want more!!

Cat if you get any tips from the dietician please share lol, it's strange how we all seem to hit the same feelings at the same time, how are you dealing with the head hunger? I'm really struggling just want to eat something bad like chocolate or cake but know if I have one I'll want more!![/

Yea course I will, am hoping she gets me back on the straight and narrow, savoury are my downfall not bothered about sweet at all..did not expect the head hunger to be so bad.. I had a cheese toastie tonight and it's made me feel terrible :( xx

Hi,where did you have your operation? Up to now went to see Mr ackroyed wensday but so his lovely blonde Dr which I think is better as she's got a better bed side manor lol,she said I was doing great when I was in thornbury Oct 31st I was 147.50 now I'm 115kg and feel great,told her I get very un comfortable while eating she said its ok.got to go back in six months. Bigbeefybuilder

Sounds like your doing great :) xx

wow we have to have b12as standard I thought everyone had too? I find it so hard to avoid temptation. the other day I had 2 bags of niknaks! not at the sane time but felt so guilty after. I hadn't been shopping and it was a that was in so I've got take an effort to keep healthy snacks in the house. it will do the kids and other half good too and they haven't really moaned about the lack of chocolate! I think crisps are this households downfall so I've replaced them with snack a jacks now and so far no Complaints! ur so good for not having chocolate I have the odd bit but it makes me feel really ill after but I'm usually OK if I have decent chocolate like green and black or hotel chocolat but it so expensive I never buy it lol xx
Hi the b12 injection bloody hurts its on par with the tetnas injection lol,the head hunger I have found if I graze through the day in other words I eat every couple of hours to stop me getting the hunger heads,I have to do this as I get lots of migraines and suffer with hypo glycimia and once that starts it leaves me in a right mess for the day.
The b12 I was thinking it was going to be a quick pick me up but I didn't notice any difference.
Crisps are our downfall my wife buys me ryevita crispa sweet chilli or cheese ans onion and they are lovely,one bag is enough for a snack.
On eating anything I get funny pains but drs tell me it's ok to feel like this,the idea is to try and drink a lot though day I manage four pints of summer fruits drink.hope you lose lots the getting into new clothes is fantastic.keep up the good work.
I'm lucky has some of my wife's family have had same operation so I can ask them.
All the best cyber hugs.
BBB

Update on how I'm getting on.. Saw dietician who advised I up my fluid intake and cut out potato and pasta and have lost 7lb this week!!! Still have some old habits creeping in especially crisp.. Funny though I've not craved chocolate or sweet stuff at all, although I've developed an unhealthy attachment to chicken nuggets, god knows why as they are not something I ate before!! Daughter had chippy today and I had a chip and by the time I'd chewed it I had to spit it out as it just tasted of oil :( not something I will be in a hurry to try again!! The hair loss is now getting worse and my hair is really fine anyway.. Really hoping it stops soon or I'm gonna have to have it cut short. Advise on how long the hair loss goes on for would be good. ?

Back