• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op was 10 months ago,so happy :)

Amazing new Jax!!!!!! So pleased for you!

How are you finding eating/drinking and being at work? My op is 2 weeks on Monday eek I cannot wait xxx

Hi Natstar
Great news about your Op.....the time will fly by, you will need to get some things sorted , i.e. little pots for your food, maybe a thermal cup as it will take you a while to get soup down at first and it will go cold before you can get half a mugfull down.

Learning what sloppy foods I can eat with comfort and things that don't go down too well....still on soft/pureed foods at the moment...so, still a while to go till eating more textured foods.

I am not at work for another 2 weeks, will have had 7 weeks off by then.
My work can be quite physical (working with adults with physical/learning disabilities who also have challenging behaviour, so wouldn't have been safe for me to be taking my groups/classes.

I still have times I feel a tad weak but,I think thats just me getting used to 800 calories a day and am doing some exercises now and making sure I go for a walk each day.......when I do return to work , I need to be on top of my game!

Went out for 'lunch' today...which is a misleading statement !

I took my 8yr old Nephew to Greenwich, which is a few minutes away...we had a look around the market, spent some time in the Toy Shop, enjoyed seeing The Cutty Sark back where she belongs...went into the Museum and generally had a nice time.

We went to the Cafe Rouge and Alfie ordered his meal but, I just didn't have the appetite for anything more than a coffee...did consider having the French Onion soup but, pointless when not hungry/
So, happily sipped my coffee whilst Alfie ate his cheese omelette...did have a mouthful of his strawberries that came with his ice-ream...oooooh they were lovely !!

Wasn't bothered in the least by everyone enjoying their meals and I doubt anyone noticed that I wasn't eating.

I am meeting friends there this week for 'dinner' and was planning to order off the childrens menu but, the portions are just too big, so will order the soup instead !

woop woop go Jax, just shows life goes on and you can still go out and not have to hide away when you are post op!

Time just seems to be flying by - how many weeks post op are you now?

I cant believe I only have 11 days till my Op as well eek - off to the nurse tomorrow for my pre op and she is going to put me on my pre op diet etc so i am trying not to eat everything in site before hand but its prooving difficult - i cant wait till the choice is taken away from me!

How was dinner this week the ladies? Hope you are going well and enjoying your time off work still!

Nx

woop woop go Jax, just shows life goes on and you can still go out and not have to hide away when you are post op!

Time just seems to be flying by - how many weeks post op are you now?

I cant believe I only have 11 days till my Op as well eek - off to the nurse tomorrow for my pre op and she is going to put me on my pre op diet etc so i am trying not to eat everything in site before hand but its prooving difficult - i cant wait till the choice is taken away from me!

How was dinner this week the ladies? Hope you are going well and enjoying your time off work still!

Nx

Well....have completed 6 weeks post-op, tomorrow.
Am seeing Mr.Patel and Beth tomorrow for follow up appointment.
Cannot believe it's 6 weeks already !

Great news only 11 days till you join us on the Losers Bench Natstar......can remember my own excitement/fear a few days before I had my surgery....I didn't have to do a pre-op diet but, was so nervous, I couldn't eat !! That was a first !

Didn't go for dinner with the girls yesterday as my dearest friends father died ...he was very ill but, wasn't expecting him to go so suddenly. He was such a lovely, lovely man.

I am having some 'hunger' at the moment, nothing horrific or mad but, just a niggle but, annoying all the same.

I am really looking forward to going back to work as I have been sooooooooooooooooooo bored !!
I'm not used to being at home through the day, I like to keep busy, so this may be adding to my head-hunger today.:sigh:

Will find out what I actually weigh tomorrow asmy scales are so tempremental ...will find out my weight at appointment, then go and buy a good set and take my weight from those for the future.

Did I mention that I LOVE MY SLEEVE !!!:)

Will find out what I actually weigh tomorrow as my scales are so tempremental ...will find out my weight at appointment, then go and buy a good set and take my weight from those for the future.

Did I mention that I LOVE MY SLEEVE !!!:)

I am so jealous, I have to wait another week to find out what I have lost :(

I just checked my booklet that we were given and my appointment is Monday....lucky I checked !

And it states to have only 550-750 calories a day at this stage.....I have been having 800.

I will curb the cals a little bit...bang goes my daily treat of 100 calories !
I have to admit to be a little obssessed with my weight at the moment...just wish my scales were consistent !! They had me at 18.8 10 days ago but now have me back at 18.11....either way, my clothes are loose and I can see the change.

Back to swimming twice a week from next week....can have my one 100 calorie a day treat back then !

Good luck for today!

Thanks Wonderlust, kind of you to remember.

Great news, have lost 2st 2lbs, so am pretty chuffed !!

Didn't see Mr.Patel but, saw the lovely Beth. We had a chat about how things have been going, had a look at the post-op swallow test scan image.....can't believe how small our new, revised stomachs are !!
Thanked Mr.Patel, the Aneasthetist and the team for their support and giving me the chance of getting my life back....which is priceless.

I did say to Beth that it feels like the brains of my stomach have been removed, this new revised stomach of mine is so well behaved and polite...doesn't make a fuss or make demands......I love it !!

Met a lady I met at the pre-assessment appointment, she had her Band done the same day and she looked really well and she has done very well, her trousers were very loose !So, a clinic full of smiles this morning.

Last edited:
Glad it went well.

I hope my losses are as good, feeling more than a little worried that I will not have lost much and will be disappointed.

Glad it went well.

I hope my losses are as good, feeling more than a little worried that I will not have lost much and will be disappointed.

I'm sure you will have done very well, it's normal to feel anxious about losses ...only a few more days and you will know just how much you have lost. :)

Briil news Jax! Is that from the date of the sleeve or incl your preop? Bet your trousers are falling off you now!

Hi Natstar
The weightloss is since Op as Mr.Patel didn't ask me to do any pre-op diet...how handy was that, in fact, I have been so lucky to have him as my surgeon,....no pre-op diet and no Endoscopy. No naso-gastric tube after surgery , no catheter and no drain.....it all went incredibly well.
I consider myself incredibly lucky to have been refered to him and his wonderful team !

Hi Natstar
The weightloss is since Op as Mr.Patel didn't ask me to do any pre-op diet...how handy was that, in fact, I have been so lucky to have him as my surgeon,....no pre-op diet and no Endoscopy. No naso-gastric tube after surgery , no catheter and no drain.....it all went incredibly well.
I consider myself incredibly lucky to have been refered to him and his wonderful team !

Same here except the catheter :(

That sounds amazing!!

It freaked me out reading about the tube up my nose, drain, drip and catheter I don't want to wake up with those as I know that's will weird me out more than them cutting part of my stomach out!

That's amazing news 30lbs in 6 weeks- I go on holiday 6 weeks after my op so I only hope I will have lost that amount of weight. I'll have 2 weeks all inclusive in the Dominican republic ( booked pre op obvs) and I'll be there sipping water and slim fast and trying not to look too inconspicuous to the other 10 people we are going with!

That sounds amazing!!

It freaked me out reading about the tube up my nose, drain, drip and catheter I don't want to wake up with those as I know that's will weird me out more than them cutting part of my stomach out!

That's amazing news 30lbs in 6 weeks- I go on holiday 6 weeks after my op so I only hope I will have lost that amount of weight. I'll have 2 weeks all inclusive in the Dominican republic ( booked pre op obvs) and I'll be there sipping water and slim fast and trying not to look too inconspicuous to the other 10 people we are going with!

I'm sure you will be on the Pureed stage by then , so you will be able to choose soft foods from the menus......the only thing you will have to work out is to drink 15 minutes before you eat and not drink for 45 minutes after...takes some getting used to but, it can be done.
Are you all prepared for your Op now? How exciting !!

Yes I am getting very excited - I'm just desperate for Monday to get here now and get it in there :)

Noticed I walk much faster now.....it's like I have had a new battery pack put in....loving the feeling of being lighter!

Keep looking for ways to burn up calories....time to get back into swimming.....must go tomorrow!

Me too. On hols at my sisters place in France & walked around her 3 acre garden then walked along the country lane. It was nice & sunny but a little too cold for getting in the pool. Maybe tomorrow?!

I went upstairs on a bus today...now, to some of you that means nothing but, 8 weeks ago I would have huffed and puffed going up those stairs...in fact, I wouldn't have even tried.
Its amazing what some weightloss does to your outlook on life and how our confidence grows.
Have I mentioned I love my Sleeve ?!!!

Back