• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pinkcere pre op diary

No I'm not dieting atm... Since before Christmas. I have just decided to be careful to not put on weight.
But I am working and studying at the moment so I'm having my last exam next week and I'm planning to get back to the gym and diet as I have to wait might aswell get ready.

Kayy I think as much as they all are different there's still a very similar time frame on the waiting times. I was given two options for LSD low carb and milk. But I'm only allowed to start two weeks before the surgery. Have any of you had a copy for you surgery diet booklet?

I have not had mine yet, but I'm still waiting for my endoscopy appointment so will maybe get it then. Which procedure are you having?

I'm not dieting as I was told to keep my weight stable x

Hi Kayy, I'm having bypass. It's almost one month since I had my anaesthetist appointment and she told me I could call for a date. But when I called they told me it would be aroung May time...I'm trying to stop myself from calling again. But if I don't hear from them by mid feb I will call again. :p

I will start dieting and going to swim from next week I just have to pass my last exam first otherwise I dont have time.

When will you have your endoscopy?

Hi Kayy, I'm having bypass. It's almost one month since I had my anaesthetist appointment and she told me I could call for a date. But when I called they told me it would be aroung May time...I'm trying to stop myself from calling again. But if I don't hear from them by mid feb I will call again. :p I will start dieting and going to swim from next week I just have to pass my last exam first otherwise I dont have time. When will you have your endoscopy?

Time seems to go so slow doesn't it? I'm itching start exercising and start losing but was told to maintain a stable weight so not sure if I can :/ I am still waiting on my appointment for my endoscopy but am thinking I should call on Monday as sometimes my post goes awol lol. Good luck with your exam :)

I called the bariatric secretary yesterday much for my desappointment she said there has been more cancellation and my position in the waiting list went from 21st to 24th I'm really struggling with this waiting...If I had a date no matter how far I would be okay, but waiting for a date is really driving me crazy. Anyone feeling the same?

PS.: I'm now swimming and trying SW again its working lost 4lbs already! :)

Hi am waiting and I have my opp date it's March 17th , it's best to diet still when your waiting it's safer the operation if you carry on to loose weight , I am on the two week pre opp mil diet now :)

Thanks Andiebee, how exciting you are on your diet and I can't wait to start mine too!! :)

Where are you having your surgery?

I'm dieting I've lost another 2lbls this week... I want to lose as much as I can before the surgery, the problem is this waiting really put me on edge.

Thanks Andiebee, how exciting you are on your diet and I can't wait to start mine too!! :) Where are you having your surgery? I'm dieting I've lost another 2lbls this week... I want to lose as much as I can before the surgery, the problem is this waiting really put me on edge.
hello my Opp is March 17th at Sunderland royal hospital , it's a very stressful time isn't it. Stay focused the diet isn't too bad I am used to it now x what hospital is doIng yours xxx

Hi, I've still not had my appointment for the endoscopy, feeling really down now! Just want it done now :(((

Hi, I've still not had my appointment for the endoscopy, feeling really down now! Just want it done now :(((
hi kayy I'm sorry to hear about your exam. be strong (time is actually flying this year) before we know it'll be all done! well that's what I keep telling myself anyway. :)

hello my Opp is March 17th at Sunderland royal hospital , it's a very stressful time isn't it. Stay focused the diet isn't too bad I am used to it now x what hospital is doIng yours xxx

hi there, I'm at Queen Alexandra in portsmouth. how's the diet going? Exciting times ahead!

hi there, I'm at Queen Alexandra in portsmouth. how's the diet going? Exciting times ahead!
I am doing well been on it a week and all
Ok , not sure how much I have lost but can feel it for sure , I will get weighed tomorrow and let you know what I have lost in a week , I have another six days b4 I go to hospital for operation x

:clap: 7 days to go!!

Please do let me know how is it going. I looked for your diary but couldn't find. It does helps you should start one if not have yet. But keep me posted I'm really excited for you almost there!

PS. I phoned the hosp again yesterday no news except that they don't have a clue when I would get my date. :sigh:

:clap: 7 days to go!! Please do let me know how is it going. I looked for your diary but couldn't find. It does helps you should start one if not have yet. But keep me posted I'm really excited for you almost there! PS. I phoned the hosp again yesterday no news except that they don't have a clue when I would get my date. :sigh:
how do I do a dairy babe am new to this am useless hahaha x don't worry I am sure it will be soon keep pestering them , x

:clap: 7 days to go!! Please do let me know how is it going. I looked for your diary but couldn't find. It does helps you should start one if not have yet. But keep me posted I'm really excited for you almost there! PS. I phoned the hosp again yesterday no news except that they don't have a clue when I would get my date. :sigh:
I have done one pickcere xxxxxx hope u find it x

I called the hospital yesterday and was told I should have been given a date by the 2nd of March and if I haven't received one by next week then to call again next week. Feeling a little more optimistic now.

Good luck with the op andiebee will look for your diary :)

I called the hospital yesterday and was told I should have been given a date by the 2nd of March and if I haven't received one by next week then to call again next week. Feeling a little more optimistic now.

Good luck with the op andiebee will look for your diary :)

Wow that is fantastic news kayy! I hope this date comes soon!! I was told by the secretary it will be at least another 4 weeks before I get my date :cry: ohwell at least I have more time to lose...

Fingers crossed for you!!:party0011:

Hi pinkcere just noticed your close to southampton , I'm in between southampton and portsmouth , if you need any help just inbox me

So finally this week I got a provisional date 9th June, I say provisional because I haven't received any letter yet. I hope I receive it soon as I need to tell my employer. Does anyone knows if it's possible to take sick time with these surgeries? Or does it have to be unpaid?

Anyway, I thought the surgery was going to be sooner than that as I was referred last august and saw anaesthetist last 9/Jan 4 months a go!!! But of course I'm really nervous and excited and still dont believe it!!! :)

Depends what your employers policy is, some view WLS in same way as eg breast augmentation and expect time off to be taken as leave as this is viewed as non essential surgery. However I believe these days that most would consider WLS, esp if on the NHS, as essential. Bottom line is that you don't HAVE to tell them what you are having done. All you need to say that you are having surgery and will likely be off for x amount of weeks. Ask GP to put something like "post op recovery" on sick/fit note

Back