• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pinkcere pre op diary

Not sure what you do for a living but also may need to consider whether you need any restictions on your return to work eg no lifting, tell them what to expect about projected absence and capabilities on your return, there is no entitlement for the employer to know the details

Hi Siana, Thanks a lot, for your help. i have told my line manager as she and I are close, that I had been offerred surgery as a treatment for various conditions and that I would be needing some time off for recovery. So i guess I have no way to not say what surgery i will be doing specially if they ask me, I guess I could say it is private but I know myself I would just answer. Now I work in an office sitting most of the time except for scanning/copying documents. However, I do need to drive to work and I believe that there's a minimum of days I wont be able to drive is that right?

If the company wants me to take leave for the surgery I believe I will have to as it is not an opportunity I'm willing to lose. I wish it wasnt up to their discretion though because it is a treatment and like you said it's through nhs, and I wouldnt get if it wasn't necessary.

Last edited:
Fact is you will be unfit for work post op, so normal absence policy should apply. Generally the advice on driving is when you fell able and when you are confident of doing an emergency stop. Dependent really on how you recover so maybe play it by ear? Really they have no cause to ask you, I took leave for mine as I had a band and I didn't want the hassle of answering questions (but then again haven't told anyone apart from immediate family), I had to take some additional time off so told my boss I had a routine procedure but had some complications (all true) but was never specific about what specific procedure. I'm sure they're wondering, but I really don't want people to know yet

Thanks a lot Siana good point on driving I will ask the doc about it. Yeah I think you are right at end of day after the surgery I will be unfit for work anyway so I dont see how the normal policy wouldnt apply. I also hope they don't ask me which surgery I will have as I don't want to say but would answer if they ask. Anyway fingers crossed things have been smothly so far (apart from the waiting) hopefully this part should be fine too. :)

I haven't told any of the managers at work what I have had done for the simple reason I don't trust any of them to keep their gobs shut. Some of them have been known to discuss personnel issues in the canteen!! My trading manager knows I am having 'an operation', he's happy with that. My section leader thinks I am having a knee operation, boy is she in for a surprise lol. I think that arose because I was discussing return to work and my concerns about being on my feet for 5 hrs in the evening and I did injure my knee previously

Lynn x

Yeah I thought about creating some fictional reason for surgery, but I'm terrible at making up stories unless there are some true in it like your knee problem, but to be honest I have never needed a surgery in my life. My boss she can keep quiet about it the company take it very seriously. But the problem it's me, I talk too much really :p I know... So I will certainly betray myself if I try to hide it. But I will try to not give up too much I have promise myself this. I will just shut my mouth...I have to, I'm scared something goes wrong and people say I had no business doing this surgery. But at the same time I could careless about their opnion and try to avoid thinking stuff like this. Anyway soon we will know how it goes... Good luck with your surgery and I hope you boss get a big surprise it seems she deserves it. :)

The hospital group have told me I can't drive for 5 days as it affects car insurance. So if you drive under these days you will be driving without insurance technically. Which is illegal. So you must check with your insurance company what their policy is after general aesthetic. I called mine and they confirmed it is 5 days. X

Sorry kayy, i didn't have much to post lately and ended up not coming here. I had a phone call from hosp about a month ago they gave me a date 9th June but never received confirmation by post. i phoned hosp last week as it is taking very long and the secretary told me she hasnt sent letters for surgery in June yet but she confirmed my date is still 9th June. Almost there not so long now. :)

Updating here...

Received confirmation for my surgery date which is really on the 9th June (fingers crossed won't be cancelled)

So: Starting LSD Today 26/5 and I'm trying the milk diet, they gave me the option of low carb, that I will only do if I don't feel well with the Milk one. EXCITED/NERVOUS

I have pre-op assessment tomorrow at 2pm (fingers corssed too it will be fine)

Weight at begining of LSD 17.12st/113.3kg

Good luck hun, I will be 2 days behind you, my sleeve will be on the 11th, I'm also doing the milk lsd :) xx

Updating here...

Received confirmation for my surgery date which is really on the 9th June (fingers crossed won't be cancelled)

So: Starting LSD Today 26/5 and I'm trying the milk diet, they gave me the option of low carb, that I will only do if I don't feel well with the Milk one. EXCITED/NERVOUS

I have pre-op assessment tomorrow at 2pm (fingers corssed too it will be fine)

Weight at begining of LSD 17.12st/113.3kg

Hi
I am only a week ahead of you, my surgery is the 2nd June, a week today :eek:.
Good luck with your pre op and your LSD.
Keep posting!
Jackie
x

Good luck all sure it will all go smoothly now , I am ten weeks out today and feel like a different person x

Congrats on your date and for being brave enough to choose the milk diet. You are one day before me and I am on day 3 of pre-op eating low fat low carb. It is really only days away :) Good luck!

Last edited:
Thanks guys, First day almost done :)

i had a coffee in the morning when I woke up and a pint of milk with crusha just before I left for work. I had another pint at lunch time and I also bought some vanilla essence. I had about a litre of water and sugar free drinks and coffe. Just enjoyed a cup of bovril and still have to have 2 pints of milk, which I dont believe I will manage so I will just have 3 pints of milk instead of 4 as states at the diet guide...I'm really excited for me and for all of us!!! I can see we are all just few days apart will be nice to see how we're going to get on... :)

Andiee you are doing amazing thanks for the inspiration!

I did the milk diet it's easier than you think , keep doing it it's worth it all and it's the easiest fastest safest one for the surgery x

updates: had my pre-op last Wednesday and doc said it's all good to go. Just struggling a bit with the milk diet. but still strong will power to continue. I remind myself that no pain no gain a billion times a day. :)

I did the milk diet it's easier than you think , keep doing it it's worth it all and it's the easiest fastest safest one for the surgery x

I have decided to go for the milk diet because it's safer, besides knowing myself, I can't really trust I would follow the carb diet to the letter. So it's milk but I really do hate the after taste.

updates: had my pre-op last Wednesday and doc said it's all good to go. Just struggling a bit with the milk diet. but still strong will power to continue. I remind myself that no pain no gain a billion times a day. :)

I am struggling too with the Milk, it is so bland isn't it? Have you lost much weight on it? I know that's not what its about but I am still concerned.

Good luck
Jackie
x

hi Jac yeah it's so bland. I have to weight to answer your question and it seems I've lost 6lbls :-0 wow. really no wonder I'm starving ^^

Back