• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Preprations

mouse57

Waiting to see consultant

I'm waiting to see the consultant on 3rd July, how long is it usually before you can start your diet and get a date for surgery. I'm quiet excited but at the same time I'm terrified that I won't make it. Has anyone else had that feeling.

all hospitals.... all surgeons for that matter seems to be different from waiting lists to criteria to pre op diets

Hi Mouse57, thats exactly what ive been wondering, i have my 1st appointment at walsall manor hospital, on 18th July....and its the wonder what happens next??? how long is the waiting list for me to get a date for op??? will i be put on a diet while im waiting for op date??? I so wish i could answer theses questions lol. wish i had a crystal ball at times ;-). i wish you well with your journey, and hope you soon have all your answers, take care xx

I know that you don't start the diet until you have a date, I'm assuming I will be seen and told a date to start the diet have some kind of check up before the surgery day. I will let you know when I have been on the 3rd. I am glint to try to start a diary on here because I know that reading some of them have been a help to me.

Swimming buddy

Hi i was wondering if there are any woman in the Hodgehill area of Birmingham who might like to go swimming at one of the local pools. I can't do any weight bearing exercises because I have osteoarthritis in knees, hips, feet and hands so I'm limited. I don't have anyone to go with and was just wondering.

M not all that with iPads better with a computer. Just took a photo for my profile but it's upside down and it's no showing on here only on the front page when you log in . how do I change it around please lol

You have added a profile pic which shows on your profile to add an avatar click on the link below and it will show you how.
http://www.wlsurgery.com/tutorials/59351-setup-avatar.html

Not sure how to turn around your pic hopefully someone will be along to help...

Try adding your avatar and see how it works.

I will ask Pierce for help if you don't get it sorted.

ohhh mouse don't you get a headache standing like that LOL I'm no good at this kind a thing either but i heard somewhere on another thread to try and crop your picture a little bit ......... that worked for someone else lol x x x gl

Well I have no idea how I am not the right way up lol but now I am Hello everyone this is me :) god knows how the before and after photos might turn out I could be in all sort of positions with my computer skills lol

Hello Mouse!
well your the right way up now you must be feeling better now
good luck in all you wish for !

Hi mouse very pleased to meet you :) good to see u right way up lol i look forward to the journey of squiffy pics :) x x x welcome hunni

Visit to see consultant

Im of to see consultant tomorrow I'm so excited but is there anything I should be asking him apart from when can I have it done any advice would be good

I asked
How long the operation is
How safe is it
How long will I be in hospital
Which procedure do you recommend for me

ummmm
i will add more as i remember them!

Well I been to see the consultant today and I maybe bring sill but I'm very disappointed it's an 18 week wait. I was hoping for a summer op. I was hoping my knees were going to get an early rest and I would be 100% for Christmas but it looks unlikely now. I have also been advised that I should have the bypass and not the sleeve. Then he looked at my scare which is right down my middle and said you might end up with the sleeve because of the adhesions , so now I'm fed up. Having to compleat more dieting just so you can get yo the next stage :( that's my moan over

Last edited:
Feeling good postman has just delivered a letter from hospital pre op for 22 September op arranged for 10th October 12 weeks from consultant to pre op,14 weeks to operation. Feeling good means I will only have to diet for two weeks I'm feeling blessed. I'm so excited

Back