• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Preprations

Exciting times!
I've had my pre op today and scheduled for op next month. It's really starting to happen now...

Good luck. It'll come round in no time.

Exciting times! I've had my pre op today and scheduled for op next month. It's really starting to happen now... Good luck. It'll come round in no time.

When's your op? I'm an august opper too! :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

October sounds so far away but it will be hear before I know it I'm not only looking forward to getting started I'm looking forward to time of work

October sounds so far away but it will be hear before I know it I'm not only looking forward to getting started I'm looking forward to time of work

It will be worth the wait I'm 100% sure, I'm counting down the days to my new life!
Good luck you never know you may get a cancellation date!

Hi lauran25 I was a bit disappointed when I went to see consultant but now I have the letter I'm a happy bunny. I can now plan know what I mean. I can get thing done at work and leave with a clear mind. So I'm not bothered with getting a cancellation now last week I would have bit your hand of but I have calmed down lol

Hi lauran25 I was a bit disappointed when I went to see consultant but now I have the letter I'm a happy bunny. I can now plan know what I mean. I can get thing done at work and leave with a clear mind. So I'm not bothered with getting a cancellation now last week I would have bit your hand of but I have calmed down lol

I think just knowing your going in that direction and the uncertainty has stopped it defiantly becomes more exciting I was soo anxious during the whole MDT waiting!

I agree lauren25 all the have I lost enough,will they think I'm educated enough, am I as big as I think I am, could I do this on my own, you just feel so out of control because it seems every step someone else is in charge. I did at one stage think I was slimmer than I was. I don't have any full length mirrors in my house and I caught sight of myself in a shop window and yes I was deluding myself, I do need help lol As I said I now feel that I am in charge and look forward to the next stage. I've bought a pair of trousers two sizes smaller than I am and they are on the wardrobe door just waiting for me .

Last edited:
Suprise

I don't have a full length mirror in my house not because I'm frightened of looking at myself but I'm living in a temporary rented house so I don't want get to comfortable. It's my wedding anniversary today and my husband has come home this afternoon and said " I'm not being funny and I don't want you to think I'm taking the micky but I got you something for when you have your operation " he then struggled in with a full size mirror for me what a lovely thoughtful present. He said it's so I can see my progress and see how good I'll look. I'm a lucky girl :)

Lovely, it's so nice when our other halves are so supportive, isn't it? I am registered blind so can't see my progress in the mirror, but I can imagine that it can really help, might teake the emphasis off the scales a bit as a means to measure progress.

Awwwwww thats a lovely gift :)

I am a lucky girl he is a very thoughtful person and bless him he thought I might be offended. He has never done anything but support me sounding mushy but he is one of a kind and I thought it was worth a share :)

Thank you. Have you had a date yet. I had the wrong surgeon, if you look on the hospital site with the surgeons on there are only three one was the ninja lol and that was the one I thought it was but mine is a mr singhla who has written 24 books and works with the surgeon but can't think of his second name I have my pre op in September 22 and the op on 10th October so i will only have to do the op for two weeks

Last edited:
hi mouse57, aww bless your hubby, and happy anniversary wishes ;-) im under mr khan at walsall manor hospital, i have my 1st appointment with him on the 25th july....so excitied i cant wait ;-) where you having your op hun.
good luck with your journey ;-) xx

Hi I'm having mine at heartlands I have my pre op on 22 step and that's when I will start the mad diet and hopefully I will be having my op on the 10 th oct. I can't wait to get going I'm very excited. I have planned so meant thing for me to do while I'm of work but properly won't get any of them done lol good luck with your what are you planning to have done I want a sleeve but he has talked me into a bypass and then said I might end up with a sleeve because I have a very large scare from years ago when I had my gallbladder out. As long as I don't end up with a band

Thank you. Have you had a date yet. I had the wrong surgeon, if you look on the hospital site with the surgeons on there are only three one was the ninja lol and that was the one I thought it was but mine is a mr singhla who has written 24 books and works with the surgeon pUl can't think of his second name I have my pre op in September 22 and the op on 10th October so i will only have to do the op for two weeks
hi mouse ive had nothing apart from a letter repeating what i said to Ninja (nijjar) when i saw him . So i may have to wait just hope its Oct got to do diet for four weeks. Mind you i have lost a stone in a week have had a very nasty virus on two lots of antibiotics and steroids. Just hope this doesnt happen when i have surgery. Did you get a call or letter?? Keep us imformed mouse x

Back