• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Preprations

Hi Sharon I had two letters two weeks ago one was the copy that went to my GP and said I was going to have my pre op on the 22 sept and the other one that was attached had the date for the op on it. I phoned up because I was confused about starting the diet, I was told that would be explained at the pre op which will be two weeks from surgery. You have to take the letter to the pre op and you have a bit of an mot on the day

Had a frightening experience last night. Other half had gone to bed, he puts the furry kids to bed, but last night he said the cat was still out. The dog has been barking over the last few night so we decided to keep the door thats in the lounge and opens out to the back porch where she sleeps open. She started to bark and I could hear the cat scratching at the door so I moved the chair out of my way and went down the step to the back door, I use two sticks because of my osteoarthritis next thing I'm crashing down into the corner between the back door and a wall unit on top of some boxes, I couldn't move . I was not quite on my knees but sort of out flat, I was frightened to move incase the cupboard fell on me. The dog was bouncing around but wasn't barking, the one time I wanted her to. My husband sleeps in the front bedroom, I was calling him for what seemed like an hour. When he did come to my rescue he couldn't work out how to lift me because of the position I was in. I can't bend my knees because the are so painful. He took all his strength to pick me up which wasn't a easy task believe me at 20 stone with no real grip. But he did it at one moment I though he wad going to have to call the professional in, how embarrassing would that have been. I'm bruised and battered and very sore but it does have a funny side, I was very shaken up by the whole thing I was crying and shaking, he put his arms around me and said " the things you do to get me naked " ( he sleeps in the nude ) funny man. He's given up his day of fishing so he can look after me more than he usually does I'm so lucky.

OUCH!!! As a fellow arthritic crutch user, you have my full sympathy. I hope you feel better and less sore soon. Let your other half pamper you. Relax and enjoy (apart from the sore bits). X

It is scary when something like that happens, thankfully your husband was not too far away and was able to come to your assistance and is taking good care of you today...sending big (((HUGS))) and hope you are feeling better.:flowers:

Hope any aches and pains go quickly x

Thank you all just had a funny though, if all else had failed he could have used his mates engine hoist. Now what would I rather have hunky fireman/ engine hoist let me think lol just as well I can see the funny side now

I hope you feel better soon!

Ohh i had a similar experience a few weeks ago in which i stepped out my front door, where we have one of those weird mats that the bits get everywhere, and on to of this, a smaller rubber one. I stepped out, the rubber mat slipped, one leg went, the other bent on the knee and not only did it take my full weight of 23st, i hit my bajingo on the door frame which is higher. Ohhh the pain!

The thing is, i am not clumsy and it's extremely rare for me to fall/trip/drop stuff. And i don't fall graciously either, like "ooops, i have fallen down, oh dear!" It's more like "Timbeeeeer!THUUD!" then the ground shakes.

I know I'm usually so careful because of using the sticks, i don't even have the excuse I was drunk because I gave up drinking large amounts of alcohol in January and the last time I had a small drink was in May when I had a glass of champagne for a toast and that went straight to my head. There was nothing graceful about the position I was in.

oh I bet that was painful!
I had a bit of a fright just last week ,ive been on jury service this week and while on a case ive been seating on the front row where the jury seat just 1 step to get into booth area and I was ok with that when it came to giving our verdict we were all told by the usher to seat anywhere in the jury booth so I was now seating on the second row of seats which had 2 steps to the booth
when it came time to go I forgot about the 2nd step ....and off I fly! lucky for me there was a wall right in front of me talk about making a scene! I couldn't get out of there quick enough!
my pride was more hurt than anything

Going to try and stay in an up right position all week lord I'm going back to the Booze it won't hurt so much when I land lol

SHARON have you heard anything else from the hospital yet, I was just wondering how thing were going

I had a phone call from the hospital today, thought they were calling to offer me a cancelation but it was just a call to make suer I've had my letters and that I'm ok with the dates. I was told by the ward staff when I phoned up after getting letters not to do anything until pre op meeting but now I'm being told to start my diet on 10th September and not on 22 September as I was told by staff. I thought I was getting away with two weeks never mind it will have to be the four lol it's now starting to feel very real that we have got into August September will be here before I know it

itll soon be your turn!

good luck with the pre op diet x

SHARON have you heard anything else from the hospital yet, I was just wondering how thing were going
Hi mouse sorry haven't been on here much. I haven't had any more correspondence from hospital but did ring up to the bariatric dept. this afternoon. I asked any idea i when surgery will be they receptionist spoke to Abby (coordinator) and she said i haven't been dated for surgery yet but she reckons middle Oct to early Nov. I'm hoping Oct as i have a weeks leave then. Are you having a sleeve mouse thought it was a bypass. How you doing any how?

I don't have a full length mirror in my house not because I'm frightened of looking at myself but I'm living in a temporary rented house so I don't want get to comfortable. It's my wedding anniversary today and my husband has come home this afternoon and said " I'm not being funny and I don't want you to think I'm taking the micky but I got you something for when you have your operation " he then struggled in with a full size mirror for me what a lovely thoughtful present. He said it's so I can see my progress and see how good I'll look. I'm a lucky girl :)
Ahh that's so lovely.
Definite keeper :0)

Hi Sharon I was going for a sleeve but I was talked into a bypass, but I might have to have a sleeve because of previous surgery on my stomach. As long as it's not a band

Dry mouth

Hi I can anyone please give me the name of the spray that you have all being talking about.for the dry mouth I have just been to Asda and asked the pharmacist for a recommendation and he can out with a bottle,of stuff costing £9.00 that you take by spoon.

Back