• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein Supplements/shots

OK, me in total dolt mode. I would like some protein powder, flavoured or otherwise. I am sure Shel has posted a link up somewhere to some that she uses, but I'll be burgered if I can find it.

Any clues or recommendations? I need to get this sorted.

Thank you xxxx

*bump*

Has anyone tried this protein at all?

Whey Protein Powder - Simply Supplements

Also, I'm not very good at working out the carb or fat content, If I'm right its about 97.5 cals, 1.82g carbs, 2.75g fat, 17.875g protein per serving excluding the milk or yoghurt you mix it with. Am I right and if so are the levels good?

I use these people for other stuff and they are reliable and cheap. Just trying to get to grips with all the stuff I need to know for when I finally have my op.

Hiya
ive tried both the protien in tub form from Holland and Barrat and also the new bullet ones. I have got some 43gm shots from discount supplies and have one of these a day and now my weightloss has started again. I have felt better in myself as well to know that im not missing out on protein too.
Just thougt I would add this !

Looks good to me :)

Yeah, that looks like a good product and the price is nice as well. Hope you enjoy it, please report back on how you find the taste & texture.:)

That's great hun. Glad it is working for you! What flavours have you tried and which do you like most?

Nic;)

When should you start implementing protein shots etc into your diet after surgery?

For me, I added them as soon as I got home from the hospital. With the liquid diet, I realised that I could only manage about 20g of protein per day without supplements. So, I was taking 2 per day either in shake/smoothie form or in protein shot form. It is a personal choice and I was not advised by my team to do so, it was through my own exhaustive research that I decided to do so.

HTH,
Nic:)

Thanks Shel and PG. I'm feeling so geared up now, really really really hoping it will be done by autumn as indicated. I won't be buying this product until then but when I do I shall give you a review :)

I think so Topsy. At my 6 week check-up I was told that I had healed like I was 12 weeks. The dietician said that all the people she had seen that day couldn't manage the variety of foods I could and not one of them could boast having never been sick after eating like I could. I feel like that was because of my protein supplementation. I also feel like my weight loss has been very steady and lacked some of the plateaus I have heard about. I can only guess how much protein has played are part but my best guess would say there is a definate correlation.

So in your opinion what flavours are nice? I'm a raspberry type of person or tropical flavour - but i would like to know what flavours are good x

I like fruit punch, orange & blue raspberry. I think I will try grape next.

Another question Nic - how do you use your protein shots do you add them to something or just have them neat?

It depends on my mood really. Sometimes I want to just get the protein in and be done with it so I just take down the drink in 3-4 swigs. Other times, like if I am going to be out and about, I will put a protein shot in my 750ml water bottle add water and a bit of sf squash. That way I am sipping away, hydrating and getting my protein in at the same time. I guess it really will depend on what you think of the taste, if you hate it and want to drink and be done then you will probably do the swig method. If you are like Shel and hate the texture/thickness then watering it down is a must in order to drink them.

HTH,
Nic;)

Back