• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Question for banders

Sophie 124

Morning all!
I just wanted to ask some 6month plus banders for some reassurance...
I am 4 weeks post op and am struggling to even maintain my current weight loss (which is only a stone) let alone lose anymore. I'm not having my first fill til Jan.
Did anyone else feel like this and do things definately start changing after you start getting fills.
Cheers guys. Xx

Lucky you're having one in December. I can't wait to have one!
When was your op Sue- I think you were around the same time as me weren't you? Xx

4th nov I can't believe u have to wait till then, disgusting really wen u have paid all that money x

i went for first fill 4 weeks ago and the nurse said most people dont lose much from surgery to fills so i wouldnt worry much, since i had fiorst fill my weight loss have slowed right down and is only losing 1-2lb a week but im happy with that, it will all come together for u both now x

Thanks Joey. I'd be happy with 1-2lbs a week, so long as it's going down! Do you find the weight is just coming off because your portion sizes are restricted by the band or are you still counting calories, points, carbs, red/green days or any of the many diets we've all tried before?!
I guess what I'm worried about is that lots of people on here who have had bands still seem to be following a strict diet... Which makes me wonder why we've got bands (if this makes any sense! Lol).
Xx

im finding it easier to eat tidy and certain food wiv the band cause iv told myself i cant have pizza kebab's n a sheadload of chips like i used, all psycological i guess, im counting cal and have no more than 1200 a day unless im having bad day or a treat, i use a site called my fitness pal it counts cals for u, as iv been quite strict wiv eating iv been losing quite a bit but like i said past couple of weeks it has slowed down, the band has made a huge diff to me as my portion sizes r small it a quarter of what i used to eat also cutting out the crap.

jus cause we got the band dont mean we can still eat ****, we have to work with the band in my experiance after doing milk diet, liquids, soft stage then normal food iv reprogrammed my appitite. It not easy not at all we all have our set backs but then we jus have to pick up n carry on xxx

My issue is defo portion size rather than junk food luckily. I love cooking with fresh food but I like the taste of my own cooking too much! Ahahaha!
As long as the band will help me eat smaller portions then I think I'll be fine.
Roll on January! Xx

... I've just downloaded My Fitness Pal. So now I have that, my WW app, and a gastric band... It would be much easier to staple my mouth closed for a few months I'm sure! Hehe xx

when u start having fills u will deffo c the diff, i love cooking and b4 i used to eat my searving plus an extra 1 or 2, but now it jus the 1 x

add me on my fitness pal my name is joeys80 my proflie on there is open so u can c what im eating on a daily basis i think that helps sometimes too, i have posted on here about mfp there loads of peps on here also if u ask them they will add u too xx

Thanks, I will do x
Can I ask you.... What dies PBing mean? I've seen it a lot on this site but can't work it out! Xx

Add me too Sophie, I'm on fitness pal, same username x

Google pb-ing..would sound gross if I described my 1 experience of it...lol xx

i never heard of it b4 jus googled it myself, it like a sicky burp lol, o the joys to look forward too lol x

You not had this yet joey?! Happened to me when I had a strawberry at work n forgot to chew..was training delegates at the time too...popped to loo and out it popped/slimed and instantly felt fine!! V odd!!! :) x

JO28172 said:
You not had this yet joey?! Happened to me when I had a strawberry at work n forgot to chew..was training delegates at the time too...popped to loo and out it popped/slimed and instantly felt fine!! V odd!!! :) x

Haha! Oooh, I simply can't wait for that! Xx

Back