• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

questions for those 'done' at Treliske Cornwall

u took the words out of my mouth LOL REBELS ............... now see me i was good girlie :) i shaved under arms legs etc, removed nail polish and nose stud lol

LOL just wanted to be tidy lol they were honored cos don't do it for anyone else lol

How many cals your are you roughly eating a day hun? not sure i'm eating enough but am following the rules hmmmm

Trevelyan, can you please tell me what you took to the hospital, or rather what I will need. Thanks

looks like your all sorted here glad you found someone local to help and good luck

Do we have to go back to the hospital where we have our op' s, or can local hospital or gp remove it?

To have what removed ???? LOL are your talking stitches??
As a bander i go back every month for fills and support group. I believe Trevelyan had to go back at 6 weeks for post op check

Half my post disappeared lol. It should have said do we have a drain fitted and if so who removes it?

Hi, I had a sleeve with Mr Cota in October last year and he was really nice. I wore my own pants to theatre but by the time I was back on the ward they had come of and were in a bag at the bottom of the bed! Didn't wear a bra, like someone else said just a hospital gown and my own dressing gown. I didn't have a cathetar.

The ward staff and theatre staff are surgery were lovely, I didn't think the ward staff were great to be honest, they didn't help me get to the bathroom when I couldn't get out of bed and my drip was kinked for 4 hours and wouldn't before they had time to change it, so family support post op for me was very welcomed. I was only in for one overnight stay so it wasn't too bad. Like someone above said have a pillow in the car for the journey home, I slept with my tummy and side resting on a pillow for about a week and it was much more comfortable with it.

Compression stockings, I had to wear them for two weeks so no danger of cold feet. I did wear slippers in hospital.

Hope this helps! PS its all worth it :)

Thank you. All very useful x x

I've just found this post and it's really nice to be able to read some experiences of treliske. I'm at the early stages but am unsure whether to discuss bypass as my weight has always been an issue. I shall be asking lots of questions at my first appointment in February.x

Unsure to discuss bypass with who bronny? I knew I didn't want a band, so team knew I wanted bypasd from the first meeting with the first doctor I saw. Or is that not what you meant?

I've just found this post and it's really nice to be able to read some experiences of treliske. I'm at the early stages but am unsure whether to discuss bypass as my weight has always been an issue. I shall be asking lots of questions at my first appointment in February.x

Bronwyn, I found this forum more useful than any gp or even staff at Treliske. It was like pulling teeth trying to get decent info from medical staff. Some people attending the BOSPA groups were also helpful and useful.

Unsure to discuss bypass with who bronny? I knew I didn't want a band, so team knew I wanted bypasd from the first meeting with the first doctor I saw. Or is that not what you meant?

I'm fairly certain I want the bypass if possible but I'm very unsure about it all. I've learnt a lot from these forums over the past few weeks and as my weight will always be an issue the bypass is my best option for keeping the weight off (I have lost and gained so many times!). Thank you both for your replies - I'm off to see the weight management nurse in a mo at the gp and expecting a gain due to an awful few weeks :cry:

I'm fairly certain I want the bypass if possible but I'm very unsure about it all. I've learnt a lot from these forums over the past few weeks and as my weight will always be an issue the bypass is my best option for keeping the weight off (I have lost and gained so many times!). Thank you both for your replies - I'm off to see the weight management nurse in a mo at the gp and expecting a gain due to an awful few weeks :cry:

I originally wanted a band but after loads of research I realised that the best option for me would be the bypass after years of yo-yoing.

Good luck with the weight loss appt. X

Only 1lb on in 3 weeks. Not too awful but not ideal. I'm going to.enjoy christmas sensibly then start strong in January so I have a full month before my hospital appointment. I shall let you all know how it goes. Thanks again ladies.x

Bronny come an have a coffee with us in the new year....... you'll have several of us to ask questions :) i have a band and the other guys have had the bypass x x x x wd on the -1 a loss is a loss hunni..... enjoy your Christmas x x x x

Back