• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Rake Lane/North Tyneside Update

Good to hear from u's. I've been having a rubbish few months just eating everything in site. Blaming it on the school hols and quitting smoking, haven't touched one since middle of July. But have only managed to put on about 4lb. Started again yesterday and doing good so far. Ye the waiting not so bad anymore just plodding along and keeping myself busy buying for Christmas lol. Is anyone going to the freeman support group next time? Might pop up this month just wondering what happens at meeting. Glad everyones good and hope to hear from u's soon :) x x x
you are doing so well ,and stopping smoking is very hard and only putting on a few pounds wow im very impressed xxxx

anyone got any more news of apps yet? xx

Hello ladies.
I had my dietician appointment yesterday and have to say she was absolutely lovely. I cannot praise enough all of the NHS staff I have met so far on my journey.
The appointment was basically to assess my diet and which surgery would suit me most. She agreed bypass is for me & a band wouldn't have results. She also said that my weight loss so far & the changes I have made mean I don't have to see her again until my pre-op diet so I'm absolutely chuffed. She was writing to Mr Woodcock yesterday with her findings and now I just need to wait for my appointment with him.
She just suggested I keep up the good work as that makes surgery both easier and quicker.
Hope everyone else is having as many positive experienced as I am!!
xx

Whoo Louise glad your app are moving quickly. Next one and you should have your date yey! X it's scary how fast it's moving now. I have still quite the smoking so I am officially a non-smoker. It's been since middle of July, and lost the 4 pound I had put on and hoping to loose more :) the smoking has been the hardest part of my journey so far but the most beneficial and would now not smoke, and enjoying my journey to a healthier life. Keep u's updated and hope to hear from you soon with a date x

hellooooo yous....also a non smoker agen...phewww!!! ooooo ya nearly there Louise!!! my dietician app is in Nov...seems ages away but guess itl fly by!!! just wish I could lose a bit more I'm stuck agen grrr...any tips or recipes? spk soon xx

Hi Louise I have got my dietician app on Monday and surgeon on 13th and the reality of what I am doing is starting to kick in and I haven't even got a date yet lol. Good on you wencho as giving up smoking is so hard keep at it think of your nice healthy lungs when they operate on you. I have been doing weight watchers to help with weight loss so maybe try a slimming club just for a few months to help. Try your docs as some doctors have free 12 weeks trials so you don't have to pay. X

I was told the same n av been a pest ringing nurse all the time haha. not that its got is anywhere...still waiting her report sure it must b lost in post lol...least I've got dietician app now tho just av to wait for surgeon app now!!! n not forgetting the 4-5 apps pre op if all goes well lol x

Hi Louise I couldn't make it either Couldn't get off the sofa last night bloody bad back can't wait for that to improve, I had my dietician app on Monday lost 1kg from last time but told her I have been trying to maintain while giving up smoking. She seemed very happy with that and the fact that I have lost a good weight from seminar to nurse app, she asked me which surgery I would like either bypass of band I replied sleeve lol, and explained why and she agreed :) and she also said she see's no reason why the surgeon would not think I'm an ideal candidate (all legs, fingers, arms and toes crossed) so got my next app on Thursday with dr Woodcock :) think this app was made as a mistake as I had to chase for a dietician app as I still had not received one weeks after surgeon app made lol. Hope everyone is doing good and will update again when I have my next app x x x

Hehe Louise sorry it's next Thursday I'm sure my head is all over the place at the moment, any news on ur next appointment x

Hello ladies!
Bad news from me I’m afraid. After 2wks from dietician appt I hadn’t heard RE consultant appt so I got a little impatient and chased it up.
It’s just as well I did as something has gone wrong with the automated appointment system and it forgot to send me my next appt. I was the 2nd person yesterday they found was affected.
As it’s an automated system there’s no manual intervention so it wasn’t picked up on.
As always Mr Woodcock’s team were lovely and sorted this out for me. My consultant appt will be around the end of November which is in line with what I was expecting anyway..
Just a caution really girls. I know we’re not supposed to pester the team but sometimes we have to!.
Suzie let me know how you get on Thursday hun. All excited for you!!
xx

I still haven't had my nurse report where people usually get them after 3 weeks of seeing her! still got dietician app tho so it didn't effect that side of it..think il ring and ask why its not been sent yet!...least u rang up bet most leave it n get lost amongst the rest! good luck for tomorrow suzie xx

Hi wencho think nurses report goes straight to mr woodcock as I haven't had one either. Both me and louise have seen surgeon last week and pleased to say that we have received date for surgery 4th jan :) so once you have seen dietitian I would give it a couple of weeks then ring to see where surgeon appointment i ( as they had problems with this app with louise and thank god she managed to get a cancelation on same day as me :) where you will be given what operation you are having and a date. Not long now your nearly at the finishing line, when's your dietician appointment ? X

hi suzie, thought it was today you were seeing him not last week! god im losing days here lol....thats great news so yous will be in on same day! ive rang dietician receptionist this morn n managed to get it brought forward to 31st oct. how long will i have to wait to hear that i have a surgeon app?

Not long for you now, I would give it a few weeks after dietician app then ring up see if you can get a cancelation. Shouldn't be long it takes a few weeks for the report from dietician to get to surgeon. Then ring ring ring lol x

hi ladies,I've got surgeon app in 2 weeks! Not seen dieticians yet but its all heading in right direction! so guess i will no soon enough my outcome and hopefully a surgery date. Hope all is well with yous xx

Back