• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sandra's Pre Op Diary

Congratulations on getting through the pre-op and having your date and time of surgery. Good luck with it all. When do you start the liver shrinking diet?

Congratulations on getting through the pre-op and having your date and time of surgery. Good luck with it all. When do you start the liver shrinking diet?
Tomorrow ill start it just have to pop out tomorrow to get my sugar free jelly and bovril so for for my last meal tonight i made pasta bake because ill wont be able to have it again xx it was lovelyxx

So pleased it all went well, excellent that they have even given you a operation time, I didn’t do any group meetings at my pre-op but I believe a group came out together before I went in. Good luck Sandra, how long has your been start to finish Sandra? Xxx

So pleased it all went well, excellent that they have even given you a operation time, I didn’t do any group meetings at my pre-op but I believe a group came out together before I went in. Good luck Sandra, how long has your been start to finish Sandra? Xxx
About 16 months

It was a long day today running all over hospital lol did you have to go there 3 days before op for more bloods
No I didn’t have to, did they say why? It was a long day though 3 hour journey then moving from department to department followed by 3 hour journey home!! But so worth it in the long run, How long does it take you from Milton Keynes? Xx

No I didn’t have to, did they say why? It was a long day though 3 hour journey then moving from department to department followed by 3 hour journey home!! But so worth it in the long run, How long does it take you from Milton Keynes? Xx
My friend takes me but she has to come from leyton buzzard then brings me to luton it take about an hour she is so good the other blood test is for transplant blood test she said i need to have it done 3 days before op didnt you have that then but i have rheses negetiveA blood group .

My friend takes me but she has to come from leyton buzzard then brings me to luton it take about an hour she is so good the other blood test is for transplant blood test she said i need to have it done 3 days before op didnt you have that then but i have rheses negetiveA blood group .
I said coulnt i have it done on the 20th when i go for heart scan but she said no because it would be out of date so has to be done 3 days before

Not sure why that would be, I definitely had a crossed match taken though, at least it’s not too far for you though xx

I cant believe im having op in 9days time went to the doctors yesterday bloody ear ache she said i have a virus so no medication just take paracetamol hope its better by next week xx

I cant believe im having op in 9days time went to the doctors yesterday bloody ear ache she said i have a virus so no medication just take paracetamol hope its better by next week xx
It’s very exciting, yes hope that ear clears up quickly xxx

Heya, bet you're excited now. Hopefully more than enough time for your ear to clear. We're having our ops within a week of each other by the looks of it! Will be sending you out all the positive vibes possible!

Heya, bet you're excited now. Hopefully more than enough time for your ear to clear. We're having our ops within a week of each other by the looks of it! Will be sending you out all the positive vibes possible!
What date have you got and are you at luton and dunstable 26th i have mine perhaps we can help each other out after opxx

What date have you got and are you at luton and dunstable 26th i have mine perhaps we can help each other out after opxx
Sounds good to me! I'm sure we'll go through a lot of it all at a similar rate which will be kinda cool and definitely interesting! Did you end up sticking with the sleeve? That's what I've opted for. Mines on the 2nd of may so two weeks today. Luton's not my neck of the woods though. Having mine done in Cornwall.

Sounds good to me! I'm sure we'll go through a lot of it all at a similar rate which will be kinda cool and definitely interesting! Did you end up sticking with the sleeve? That's what I've opted for. Mines on the 2nd of may so two weeks today. Luton's not my neck of the woods though. Having mine done in Cornwall.
Im having the bypass because of rhetinathink i spelt wrong in the back of my eyethrough diabetes x

Thanks, spent the morning in the sun. Had started to forget what it looked like! Had never heard of retinopathy before but googled it through curiosity. Everything I read suggests that wls is good at tackling it and aleviating a lot of the other issues surrounding diabetes. So sounds like you're killing two birds with one stone! Even more reason to be excited. Can't wait to here how it goes.

Back