• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sandra's Pre Op Diary

had my pre-op yesterday at sunderland royal im having gastric bypass on the 20th feb under mr shroeder, at moment im on the milk diet

had my pre-op yesterday at sunderland royal im having gastric bypass on the 20th feb under mr shroeder, at moment im on the milk diet
Well i saw surgeon in september im with luton and dunstable he put me on the waiting list i then got op date for 8th march then they relised i hadnt had my mdt meetng took me off the list cancelled my date i have now had my mdt meeting yesterday rang me today they have passed me now got to have my heart scan so i dont know when ill have op i am abit upset but what can i do about it good luck with yours by the way

Hope it’s soon for you, yes MDT is like that ours was with other patients and I was told that just by being there meant I’d been accepted xxx

Thankyou maria ill just have to wait now is that what usually happen at the m.d.tmeetng that they dicuss your case and let you know its all about waiting isnt it lets hope i passx
Hi maria i got a call saying id passed but have to have heart scan nowdont know how long ill have to wait

I’ve been looking through my thread to try to find out when mine was, I think it was the same day that I saw Mr Jain and the anaesthetist xx

I’m excited for you too, it’s so strange to think I’ve been on this journey 21 months but it really has flew by yet if you had said at the beginning that I’d have to wait nearly 2 years I would have sunk into a dark hole. Good luck with the pre op and scan xxx

I’m excited for you too, it’s so strange to think I’ve been on this journey 21 months but it really has flew by yet if you had said at the beginning that I’d have to wait nearly 2 years I would have sunk into a dark hole. Good luck with the pre op and scan xxx
what do they do at pre op

what do they do at pre op
They do mrsa swaps, ecg, (I had my heart scan in January), bloods, basic observations, check for loose teeth, give you your tablets and injections for the night before and the morning of surgery, I was there 3 hours waiting for blood tests in pathology and prescription xxx

I had my pre op first a group meeting with 5 othersgoing through everything than nurse blood pressure height and weight blood gloucose asthma test then measured me for socks then with other nurse checking form i filled in and said ill be going to surgery at 8.30am went through meds than had ecg blood test than pharmacy for my tablets and injection and said i have to have other blood test 3 days before op had a long day 5 hours still have to go back on the 20th for heart scan then all set for op 26th april at 7 am

Back