• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sandra's Pre Op Diary

sandra overton

You sit in a group about 10 people and see dietician, then nurse, then psychologist, very informative meeting
Oh ok do they approve you wonder for me the surgeon and the anthietist was happy to go ahead its like closing the gate after the horses has bolted strange this is going to bex

Bling Babe

I hav3 to admit I did find it quite educational, yes there was a lot that I knew just from doing research but there were little snippets of info that was useful. It’s an hour with each, the bariatric (I loathe that word!) nurse, the dietician and the psychologist, they all encouraged you to ask questions and never made us feel that any question was silly. I hope your experience is as good. They also encourage you to take your partner or a friend because they also be involved in your journey xxxx

Bling Babe

I was told that by being there means you’ve been accepted for surgery. Yes thank you Maria61 I forgot to mention that you are with about 10 other patients at the MDT which I was dreading but it was a good session xx

Lottiewishes

Hunny I am sorry you have been messed about :( xxx

sandra overton

if I have been accepted for surgery why did they cancel my 0p I did have a cry today thankyou all for your kind words it has helped you all being on here I think my family don't know what to say but ill focus and get prepared for the 12th and see what happens that's all I can do xx

Maria61

if I have been accepted for surgery why did they cancel my 0p I did have a cry today thankyou all for your kind words it has helped you all being on here I think my family don't know what to say but ill focus and get prepared for the 12th and see what happens that's all I can do xx
Good luck xx

Lottiewishes

Good luck for 12th hun xxx

Maria61

I have decided to ring up the hospital tomorrow to find out whats going to happen i might even ring the surgeons secretary also if i get no joy thens its pals i have been on that list for 18 weeks i am not going to put up with it i let you know whats happens
Quite right wish you luck x

_Victoria_

Sandra, i'm so sorry :( I know from personal experience how awful it is to get your dates messed with, it's devastating and really hard to cope with mentally. You do actually lose hope that things are ever going to happen for you but i can tell you they definitely will!! You'll get there. Just keep moving forward, take one day at a time. I know it still seems forever away but it will come round sooner than you feel it will, i promise Xx

sandra overton

Sandra, i'm so sorry :( I know from personal experience how awful it is to get your dates messed with, it's devastating and really hard to cope with mentally. You do actually lose hope that things are ever going to happen for you but i can tell you they definitely will!! You'll get there. Just keep moving forward, take one day at a time. I know it still seems forever away but it will come round sooner than you feel it will, i promise Xx
thankyou for your kindwords if it wasn't for you all on here I would feel a lot worse I am going on the 12th much stronger and mind set xx

sandra overton

well went to luton and Dunstable today saw nurse 1.30 dietian2.30 psycol 3.30 they were sorry what happened blamed surgeon for mistake they will ring me in a couple of days after meeting to except me for surgery I don't know what will happen after that will let you know it was quite a day had bloods taken kept my 5 per cent weight off and she told me all pros and cons of op then saw dietian she went through diet after op than saw phsycologist and asked me loads of questions now I have to wait for them to ring than I find out if I have to go on list again which will be anthor 18 weeks they said it will be up to the manager to decide x

Maria61

well went to luton and Dunstable today saw nurse 1.30 dietian2.30 psycol 3.30 they were sorry what happened blamed surgeon for mistake they will ring me in a couple of days after meeting to except me for surgery I don't know what will happen after that will let you know it was quite a day had bloods taken kept my 5 per cent weight off and she told me all pros and cons of op then saw dietian she went through diet after op than saw phsycologist and asked me loads of questions now I have to wait for them to ring than I find out if I have to go on list again which will be anthor 18 weeks they said it will be up to the manager to decide x
I hope you get good news and don’t have to wait too long xx

sandra overton

Well i had my m.d.t yesterday and hospital rang today to say they happy to put me through but they want me to to have heart scan so have to wait for cardolgist appointment now