• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Saying Goodbye to the Booty - Band Edition

Finally on the way home.
Took so long to pee it was almost farcical.
I was feeling great after the surgery.
Up and about. But my bladder was not playing ball. I had so.much fluid Im surprised my tonsils aren't floating.
I really wanted to get our if the hospital so it was annoying.
But as they say about a watched pot. A watched bladder doesn't wee. Lol
I will write about my day later. I just wanted to say you guys are flipping fabulous, how nice it is to get your messages. I will try to do it for others as it felt good to know you were thinking of me.

Hope your tonsils are now above water. Lol. Take it easy and look forward to hearing about it.

Welcome to banded life singer mo.

Can't wait for all the updates and success stories. Keep smiling lovely and one day at a time. You take care and message any time xxxx :)

As promised here is my hospital experience. To the best of my nervous, drugged up memory.

My Dad took me and my Mum to the Hospital. Bless him no matter how hard he tries, stress and tension travel with him.
Arriving at the Hospital was pretty standard "take a seat" but things kicked into high gear pretty quickly.

I was whisked away to my room where the nurse said "ok you're going to take a shower then see the Dr...no wait the Dr will see you first so just wait."

Prof. Favretti and the anaesthesiologist came to see me went through the consent forms and asked if I had any questions. I said to the anaesthesiologist I didn't want to wake up in the middle but I also didn't want to go into a coma. Which tickled him I think because he repeated the line back to me each time I saw him after that.

After they left I waited for a bit before calling the nurse and asking if I should take my shower, her response "oh you haven't had your shower yet!" I moved with haste lol.
I called her back in and she gave me my blood thinner showing me how for when I would have to do it. She then said the Dr would be coming to see me and go over the forms. "Done" I said indicating the forms on the dresser. I practically had to let her do a pelvic exam to convince her I wasn't pregnant. "I PROMISE there is NO EARTHLY WAY that I am pregnant" I got my flight socks, XL of course.

So we went through the forms and put on my wrist band.
The nurse went to get my Mum and Dad and we had a quick hug before I was led off to the anaesthetist room.

I got my cannula put in which was done ever so gently and the anti-sickness drug. Then I was asked questions by let's call him a no nonsense Grinchey type misery man but my nurse was so cheerful they kind of balanced each other out. BTW Grinchey man is very clear on not having piercings in, he will cancel the surgery if he finds any it's no this job to remove them. I started to wonder if I had a piercing I'd forgotten about.

The nurse helped me up and we strolled into to theatre.
I hopped up onto the bed and suddenly a million hands were touching me.
Gown off, cords attached, mask on, shimmy down, something on my feet, something attached to my cannula. Now you will feel sleepy but I'm not putting you out yet I'll tell you when I am.

If he did I don't remember...

We arrived at 7:30 and it was now about 8:45
Two hours later

I started to come around to a searing pain...in my nose. I had freezing cold oxygen trying to give me a nose piercing. I'm trying to get it out. The nurse is saying to the anaesthesiologist "oh she has an itchy nose, that's normal isn't it?"
Itchy nose, my foot I'm thinking, no, this oxygen flipping hurts.

A mini war ensued with me pulling the oxygen out, asking for a mask instead and then asking for a tissue to rub my nose. And them telling me my oxygen was low and it had to stay in.
Thank god the Prof. Came in shortly afterwards and my mum asked if I could take it out, he said yes.

Ha I win.

After that I had a sleep and came around slowly. My Dad had been replaced by my Step-Dad, who would be doing the drive home.
Then came the agonising wait to pee.
I was up and around fairly quickly, there was minimum discomfort.
But all the water/tea/coffee/peppermint tea in china wouldn't get my bladder going.
I had no problem taking in fluids or keeping them down but they sure as hell were not coming out the other end.

I finally went YAY and we set about getting me discharged. I changed dressings, got my drugs and paperwork and we were finally on the move by 5:30

What a day!

aww so good to hear you are home and your hospital experience seemed good tbf! now just for the recovery bit! x x

Sounds as chaotic as mine. I asked prof favretti if he saw anything unusual inside me and if he removed anything. That made him laugh.

How you been post op?

Ha ha Mo...what a hoot your post is, I was laughing out loud.

Your sounding good girl. Look forward to the updates xxxx

Sounds like your doing grand sweetheart... welcome over to the better side LOL just keep sipping and recouping your be back to full health in no time x x x x

How you doing chick?

Love your stories ;-) you sense of humour is so funny, can't wait to see & hear about all your progress xxx

Sounds as chaotic as mine. I asked prof favretti if he saw anything unusual inside me and if he removed anything. That made him laugh. How you been post op?

Lol that's great. It's been such a whirlwind I still can't believe it.
I'm doing well thank you.
Upping my calorie intake everyday
Going for walks with mum
No pain killers today.
Just looking forward to changing my dressings on Friday to have a gander at my scars.

How's you?

Sounds like your doing grand sweetheart... welcome over to the better side LOL just keep sipping and recouping your be back to full health in no time x x x x

Will do CR
It's lovely on this side of the rainbow. :0)

Back