• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sept 4 surgery buddies

Ok I'm stressing about this bloody pre
Op diet, I can't stand the Greek yogurt so have been having 3 pints of semi skinned milk, I'm only on day 2 but I know I need a lot of protein and won't be getting it from just milk will I? Can anyone give
Me any suggestions as to if there's anything else I can have?

I would suggest just calling your hospital and asking them. They have alternative diets for people who don't like milk/yogurt or people who are lactose intolerant x

I have done lighterlife but you could do slim fast pre op I was told.

Its all about shrinking that Liver!

Jane x

Well day 5 on the milk diet, all I'm having is 3 pints of skimmed and water. I'm having my surgery with mr ackroyd but went through te company Wls. After I'd spoken to ten the other day and told them what diet I was on they were like no no no its a bad diet don't do it do chicken and veg etc. I don't know what to do now I mean obviously my consultant said milk diet so that's what I'm doing but why would Wls say not to do it. It's hard enough without been confused about it all!!! How is everyone doing, is anybody as nervous as I am?

I am being banded on 31st this Friday. Milk diet has been really tough to stick to and given me a really gurgly stomach. Had my pre admission appt today so feels very real now but very excited. Determined to sort my weight/ diet by the time I am forty in a year and a half and not waste anymore years yo yoing. Good luck everyone having ops in the next week! Look forward to seeing how we all do and hopefully supporting each other through coming weeks and months x

Oooo good luck, I know what you mean with milk diet, I've only 5 days till my op. keep us updated when you can an let us know how you are. Our surgeries are so close we'll pretty much be on the same stages at the same time so can hopefully help each other out :) x

Same with me! I'm on 31st too!!

It would really be nice to keep in touch to see how were all getting on and go through it together instead of feeling alone xxx

Definitely will keep updating progress might start a diary I guess that is the easiest way ?? Bit new to forums ...

I'm new to forums too just trying to figure thins out :). I'm having a sleeve done so different from yours I'm not sure how the aftercare works with what food and stages you have etc with a band x

Would it be that bad to have one last meal on my milk diet before my op lol my op is in 5 days and I want one last meal!!! Sooo greedy I've been doing 3 pints of skimmed milk only for a week and have lost a stone. What would happen of I have a meal then went straight back on for te next 4 days????

Helllooo! Received a phone call from the hospital today........I am going into hospital on Tuesday for bypass on the 5th! Oh My Golly Gosh! At least there is a few of us next week so will be good to get the support. X

Ooo congrats :) I'm in on Tuesday for my sleep and am really nervous now, I keep looking up the surgery online and reading horror stories I'm scaring myself :(

danic-johnson said:
Ooo congrats :) I'm in on Tuesday for my sleep and am really nervous now, I keep looking up the surgery online and reading horror stories I'm scaring myself :(

Lol - stop reading! I did this initially but once I made up my mind I decided that what will be will be and not done further research rather that being on here!

We will be find! :)

Op On Tuesday, getting really nervious now, will take photos this weekend for my monthly records, only 3 days left of milk diet, even though I did switch to the 1000 cal a day diet. Well good luck all of you who have op on Tuesday will update after op, well as soon as I can ;-)

Yey 3 days of milk diet left, mine is awful 3 pints skimmed milk a day and water :( I've get really ill. I'll keep updating on this thread too :) good luck everyone

Well I'm all done and plicated! Gone so well theyre letting me home a day early! Wish you all well with your surgerys x

Ok I'm confused I'm on the milk only diet supposed to be cutting out carbs but I've looke on my pony of skimmed milk and it's actually high in carbs like 9.8 per 200ml and a pint is 568ml!!!

Back