• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September 2014 Surgeries

so glad your through now Ms Z . Well done speedy recovery. Are you in much pain?? X

Only if I move or cough. It's hard to explain...... Feel like I've been given a good kicking after falling of my horse. 6 tiny little stickers on my belly and that's it.

Walking a bit hunched over when I first stand up but it gets easier.

This is a TMI post, sorry if it offends!

I wish they'd told me the first couple of bowel movements has the old blood from the op, I freaked out a little! But was told its normal. Phew!

This is a TMI post, sorry if it offends!

I wish they'd told me the first couple of bowel movements has the old blood from the op, I freaked out a little! But was told its normal. Phew!

Not TMI at all had exactly the same thing, freaked the hell out of me. Although I didn't go til I got home so I was I straight on the phone yabbering about poo, lol.

Well I was successfully bypassed yesterday, no complications, and I go home tomorrow :) Am sore and with trapped wind but have been moving about so it should pass. It feels I've done about 300 abdominal crunches lol but it's to be expected after major surgery. Must say though... I really want my bed! Hope everyone is doing ok x
Glad to hear you are ok, I was told I'm staying in three nights after My bypass
Thanks for the tip about the bowel movements will remember that.

Last edited:
Bypass was successful on Monday. Just home as some bile leaked during surgery and I was constantly sick until yesterday afternoon.

Home now with a big bag of medication including lots of antiemetics and even peppermint water. Feel fab. Just really, really tired as the HDU does not match well with peace, quiet and a good nights sleep.

Hope everyone else's has gone well x

Glad you're home safe hun xx have they give you those little injections? Those were the only things I hated about coming home. They keep us safe though :)
Sending gentle (((hugs)))

I'm back in hospital, had 16 hours of diarrhoea and vomiting so went to a&e. On a drip and NBM. May be having a gaestrografin tomorrow. X-rays and bloods ok other than dehydration x

I'm hoping you are out of hospital soon my lovely, keep looking for an update but haven't seen anything yet :(
Hope you're ok xx

Hey Curls40 everyone after surgery was given Fragmin to prevent DVT's that you have to self inject 7 days at home once a day xx

Its a deep vein thrombosis! Basically a blood clot in your leg, which on occaions can break off and travel to your lung - causing a pulmonary embolism. The injections along with the TED stockings help prevent these.
I can recall back in the 70's my Mum had a PE after a hysterectomy! 6 weeks she was in convalescence for. Thankfully the treatment has changed now, but having a DVT can have future implications regarding air travel etc.

Its a deep vein thrombosis! Basically a blood clot in your leg, which on occaions can break off and travel to your lung - causing a pulmonary embolism. The injections along with the TED stockings help prevent these. I can recall back in the 70's my Mum had a PE after a hysterectomy! 6 weeks she was in convalescence for. Thankfully the treatment has changed now, but having a DVT can have future implications regarding air travel etc.

Ok thanks,
Yes I know all about this, just didn't realise when it was shortened to DVT, didn't register in my head,.

Glad you're home safe hun xx have they give you those little injections? Those were the only things I hated about coming home. They keep us safe though :) Sending gentle (((hugs)))

Nope. Did my own the day before surgery and had them whilst in but as I had flowtron stockings. And have got white surgical
Stockings for home I didn't need them. Thought I would get at least 7 days of them but managed to escape.

Here's my sexy flowtron air legs.

image-2208300117.jpg

Make your legs look absolutely massive when the inflate and are noisy but you get used to them.

Oh i quiet liked those inflatables at the hospital!! :)

I had to do fragmin injections at home for 7 days and have to wear the sexy white TED stockings for even longer.. :)

Oh i quiet liked those inflatables at the hospital!! :) I had to do fragmin injections at home for 7 days and have to wear the sexy white TED stockings for even longer.. :)

I'm pleased I didn't have to do any more injections at home. I got a massive care package to bring home when I left too. Two types of pain meds. Two types of antiemetics. Vitamins. Adcal tablets. More wound dressings if I needed them after a shower and I even got a bottle of peppermint water. Very impressed.

Unplugging the 'legs' to walk about and go to the toilet was funny. The noise they made when you unplug them. Ha.

I'm pleased I didn't have to do any more injections at home. I got a massive care package to bring home when I left too. Two types of pain meds. Two types of antiemetics. Vitamins. Adcal tablets. More wound dressings if I needed them after a shower and I even got a bottle of peppermint water. Very impressed.

Unplugging the 'legs' to walk about and go to the toilet was funny. The noise they made when you unplug them. Ha.

What kind of painkillers did they give you? ;)

What kind of painkillers did they give you? ;)

I got the standard paracetamol along with codeine and already have dijydrocodeine. Have to balance which I'm taking on pain levels and the paracetamol level I have that day.

I've got a spinal prolapse so been balancing pain killers for a while.

Stupid question.. But when is it ok/safe to sleep on your side or even tummy again?

I woke up on my right side last night. Hurt a bit to turn back on my back but that was because everything pulled. Didn't seem to do me any harm.

I got the standard paracetamol along with codeine and already have dijydrocodeine. Have to balance which I'm taking on pain levels and the paracetamol level I have that day.

I've got a spinal prolapse so been balancing pain killers for a while.

I only asked because i am curious what painkillers are safe after wls.. As ibuprofen (my usual thing i go for) is out of the picture now.. :)

I woke up on my right side last night. Hurt a bit to turn back on my back but that was because everything pulled. Didn't seem to do me any harm.

I am such a wuss... Still sleeping on my back. I dont think i roll over at all as i wake up with my back hurting and butt fallen asleep :) :) :) :) :)

Back