• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September 2014 Surgeries

This is it folks. My surgery tomorrow. Not cancelled so far which was my biggest fear after being cancelled last Friday. Xx

Yes not long six days, have lost 14lbs on LSD, My sons birthday in 8 days time ,so upset I will be in hospital,so getting everything organised for his birthday,

So close now!

Don't get upset. Just think how much fitter you will be for the next birthday party.

Glad all the surgeries went well and good luck for those still due up

Llora...ha ha. I was he same. You will wake up one morning on your side and think ...oh ...that's not too sore lol. I am a month out and not made it on to my tummy yet as my port wound is still a bit tender xx

Thanks of the words of support,I have booked surprised driving lessons for him as he is turning 17.

Excellent. That's a fab birthday gift.

But imagine how you will be for his 18th. It's all going to be worth it. This time next year......

Excellent. That's a fab birthday gift. But imagine how you will be for his 18th. It's all going to be worth it. This time next year......
It all seems unreal to me still, I know I'm having a bypass and what people have lost but I still don't believe it will happen it me having struggled since the birth of my last child 15 years ago, I know this May sound silly,

It all seems unreal to me still, I know I'm having a bypass and what people have lost but I still don't believe it will happen it me having struggled since the birth of my last child 15 years ago, I know this May sound silly,
It's not silly at all. I still don't believe mine has actually happened. Even on the morning of the op I was waiting for them to say something was wrong and I wasn't getting it done.

If something was going to happen and go wrong it would always be me. Without bad luck I'd have none at all.

Try not to worry. I know that's easily said and people said it to me but they were right. Yours will be here soon and I bet the first thing out your mouth in recovery is the same as mine..... 'Did he do it? Has it worked?'

Good luck x

I know always a worry if our liver has shrunk!,, but I guess if the weight is coming off ,surely it must be?.

Hello all:wave_cry:.

I was due to have my surgery on 3 September. My dad died suddenly on 12 August. It was shocking and devastating for me and my family. My parents retired back home to Jamaica so we had to make arrangements to get out there as soon as we could. My family knew how important the surgery was for me. They knew how much my dad worried about my health - so they decided to do all they could to get everything sorted so I would be back in time to have my surgery. I wondered about whether I should just cancel it - but they told me it would be what my dad wanted - so I agreed. The hospital were good about things too and said as long as I was back in time for the surgery and I stayed on my pre op diet that they would do the surgery. I had my pre op on 18 August and flew out on 20 August.

The day after we buried my dad I had a bad fall. I thought I had just badly sprained my ankle. Then the day before I was due to fly back I had another fall. By the time I got home having driven from London back home I realised that this was not a bad sprain. I went straight to A& E and after a long wait and many xrays it was found I had a badly broken foot. I am now in plaster and will be so until at least mid October and perhaps a bit more.

Needless to say my op had to be cancelled. I lost a lot of weight on the pre op diet so I am trying to build on that by watching my calorie intake. The hospital have said they will reschedule my op when I am out of plaster.

My family and I are mourning the loss of my father and food is no longer playing the part in my life that it used to. I do not know if that will change - time will tell. I will keep lurking on the site at it will help me to keep some focus as I know I still need the surgery to be fit and healthy and I owe it to my dad.

TBx

Sorry to hear about your Dad.

You seem to have been through the mill lately. Everything happening like that makes you want to give up. I'm glad you haven't. Good luck and stay strong.

Hello all:wave_cry:. I was due to have my surgery on 3 September. My dad died suddenly on 12 August. It was shocking and devastating for me and my family. My parents retired back home to Jamaica so we had to make arrangements to get out there as soon as we could. My family knew how important the surgery was for me. They knew how much my dad worried about my health - so they decided to do all they could to get everything sorted so I would be back in time to have my surgery. I wondered about whether I should just cancel it - but they told me it would be what my dad wanted - so I agreed. The hospital were good about things too and said as long as I was back in time for the surgery and I stayed on my pre op diet that they would do the surgery. I had my pre op on 18 August and flew out on 20 August. The day after we buried my dad I had a bad fall. I thought I had just badly sprained my ankle. Then the day before I was due to fly back I had another fall. By the time I got home having driven from London back home I realised that this was not a bad sprain. I went straight to A& E and after a long wait and many xrays it was found I had a badly broken foot. I am now in plaster and will be so until at least mid October and perhaps a bit more. Needless to say my op had to be cancelled. I lost a lot of weight on the pre op diet so I am trying to build on that by watching my calorie intake. The hospital have said they will reschedule my op when I am out of plaster. My family and I are mourning the loss of my father and food is no longer playing the part in my life that it used to. I do not know if that will change - time will tell. I will keep lurking on the site at it will help me to keep some focus as I know I still need the surgery to be fit and healthy and I owe it to my dad. TBx
so so sorry for your loss hun. You really have had such a very difficult time . I pray that you get better very soon with your foot and soon and your spirits be lifted with your close family around you. I wish you all the best with your op it just wasn't meant to be then! Great that all your difficulties have not caused you to over eat. Well done thats a miracle in its self. Keep strong love and again condolences for your loss.

Hello all:wave_cry:.

I was due to have my surgery on 3 September. My dad died suddenly on 12 August. It was shocking and devastating for me and my family. My parents retired back home to Jamaica so we had to make arrangements to get out there as soon as we could. My family knew how important the surgery was for me. They knew how much my dad worried about my health - so they decided to do all they could to get everything sorted so I would be back in time to have my surgery. I wondered about whether I should just cancel it - but they told me it would be what my dad wanted - so I agreed. The hospital were good about things too and said as long as I was back in time for the surgery and I stayed on my pre op diet that they would do the surgery. I had my pre op on 18 August and flew out on 20 August.

The day after we buried my dad I had a bad fall. I thought I had just badly sprained my ankle. Then the day before I was due to fly back I had another fall. By the time I got home having driven from London back home I realised that this was not a bad sprain. I went straight to A& E and after a long wait and many xrays it was found I had a badly broken foot. I am now in plaster and will be so until at least mid October and perhaps a bit more.

Needless to say my op had to be cancelled. I lost a lot of weight on the pre op diet so I am trying to build on that by watching my calorie intake. The hospital have said they will reschedule my op when I am out of plaster.

My family and I are mourning the loss of my father and food is no longer playing the part in my life that it used to. I do not know if that will change - time will tell. I will keep lurking on the site at it will help me to keep some focus as I know I still need the surgery to be fit and healthy and I owe it to my dad.

TBx

What a shock this must have been, hard when you lose someone suddenly with no chance of goodbyes (went through it myself). You really have had a crap time of it all lately with one thing and another, stay strong and focused, know we are all thinking of you and here for support when needed. Thinking of you and all that loved and knew your dear Dad x x x

Back