• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September 2014 Surgeries

Hi all just another quick update (I had rny on 1st sep) I'm allowed to go home today I'm not in any pain the worst bit is the taste of the meds and vitamins!!

Good luck to all those awaiting their September ops, and speedy recovery to those all ready post op x x x

Hi all just another quick update (I had rny on 1st sep) I'm allowed to go home today I'm not in any pain the worst bit is the taste of the meds and vitamins!!

Thank you for your update! Happy you can go home :) hope everything went smooth! :)

Afternoon all. Feeling a bit tender but the worst is nausea which I always get from the anaesthetic. Trying to sip on water but that not staying down. Sure I'll be much happier in a few hours. X

Afternoon all. Feeling a bit tender but the worst is nausea which I always get from the anaesthetic. Trying to sip on water but that not staying down. Sure I'll be much happier in a few hours. X
a

Hi sorry to hear your not having a great time so far, I'm sure it will get better soon xxx

Hi - welcome to the other side :). Glad it went well - as for the taste of the meds - I really sympathise - but after six weeks - back on my usual tablets - thankfully.

Hope you feel better soon!!

Oh I do sympathise - I get that too. Can they give you anything? The nurses had to give me four different injections before the nausea was under control. I hope you feel better soon xx

I myself have got my surgery on 12 September so thank you for your good wishes. I am on the liver shrinking diet and its really hard but halfway through today and lost 7 lbs, just hope my liver is shrinking, then it will all be worth it LOL.

I myself have got my surgery on 12 September so thank you for your good wishes. I am on the liver shrinking diet and its really hard but halfway through today and lost 7 lbs, just hope my liver is shrinking, then it will all be worth it LOL.

I'm three days after you for my bypass. Can't wait.

I'm sure our livers are shrinking nicely.

No. Mine is a massive amount of food to eat every day. Loads and loads.

Broken down in to units of protein, carb, fruit etc.

Hope you feel better soon, mine is next Friday and bricking it but hope I'm okay after. x

How are you coping on the diet? What are you having, just milk and yoghurt?

Mine is:

4x portions of protein
(One portion - 100g lean meat, 125g tinned tuna, 2 eggs, 100g quorn)

3x portions of dairy
(One portion - 100g cottage cheese, 50g low fat cheese spread, 125g low fat yoghurt, 1/3 pint skimmed milk)

2x portions of fruit
(One portion - small banana, apple, orange, 1/2 tin toms, handful grapes, tablespoon dried fruit, 100ml fruit juice)

2x portions potatoes, pasta, rice,cereal
(One portion - slice of bread, 2 egg sized potatoes, 3 tablespoons rice-pasta-cereal, 1 weetabix, 2 crispbreads)

1.5-2L fluids minimum
Including mineral water, soda water, marmite, oxo, tea, coffee, sugar free and diet drinks.

Unlimited veg and salad with the exception of sweetcorn, avacado and beans.

Sugar free jelly too.

Back