• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September 2014 Surgeries

Hi Curls40 Can I ask what job you do? The only reason I ask is that I am having my sleeve done on october 7th and I to have a heavy/physical job, I work in a hospital. My consultant has said the hospital with give me a sick note for a month then I have to go to the GP after that I am planning on going back to work the middle of december, so in total will probably have about two and a half months off in total.

I am partly saying this as it's major surgery that we are having and also the fact that when I had my gallbladder removed a few years ago I ended up off work for six weeks as at the time was working in the local A+E department

Good luck with your pre op diets everyone, so close now :) xx

Four weeks ,till my mini by pass , will be stocking up on vitamins soon, what ones have you al been buying I've been giving the names of top branded ones ,just wondered what people are buying that are more reasonable priced

A low fat yogurts and a sugar free jelly so far was doing ok at work but now it have sat down starting to get a slight craving for something else especially as I can. Smell food cooking! Re vitamins the nurse told me to make sure they have Thiamin in them as they have had some cases of Thiamin deficiency

Hope pre op diet started ok wilb32. if you feel peckish have a drink of water, that helped me. Youre so close now, hope you're feeling relaxed and ready. x

Just transferred money into our joint account to cover the direct debits for the month and it suddenly hit me......

My bypass is sooner than some of these need paying.

Scary. But fantastic. Scary.

8th September at Salford Royal by Professor Ammori!

Gastric sleeve xx

Off to France tomorrow ready for my bypass on Wednesday. Strange nervous excited feeling with a busy few days. Monday blood tests and meet with surgeon, anaesthetist, Tuesday endoscopy and Wednesday op. Think I'm second or third on the September list - how is everyone else feeling? Jackie x

Good luck ,please let us know how it goes, two weeks till I start my LSD, feeling nervous, but looking forward to the new me,x

Off to France tomorrow ready for my bypass on Wednesday. Strange nervous excited feeling with a busy few days. Monday blood tests and meet with surgeon, anaesthetist, Tuesday endoscopy and Wednesday op. Think I'm second or third on the September list - how is everyone else feeling? Jackie x

Good luck, mines on 11th at Treliske Hospital currently on yogurt LSD ........

Back