• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September 2016 Surgeries

Green ooze doesn't sound good. Hope you escape an infection @SAM55

How are you doing @SAM55 ?x

How are you doing @SAM55 ?x

Thanks for asking Fee. :)

Had to get my poor friend who has done so much for me this week on top of all the work she does out of bed which I felt bad about, but a home visit wasn't an option apparently because of distance - 34 mile round trip. A&E with ambulance is the only other option.
Doc wasn't sure if it was infected and a swab can't be done until tomorrow. It had changed from green ooze to egg yolk yellow ooze with blood. Temperature was normal and still is.
I was offered the option of antibiotics and as they need to be liquid and I live in a rural area and may not be able to get them in a hurry - can take a week to get something special :( - I opted to take the prescription Metranidazole and Cefalexin (have had the former before :( but not the latter), get them made up just in case I need them should my temperature suddenly rise. As it was the Tesco chemist didn't have them so she had to drive another 12 miles in the opposite direction, and then they didn't have the full quantity. In the meantime District Nurse should come in morning (one has been this evening to give me my injection, and has checked it. It is still oozing but not as much) and get the swab done and they may need to change the antibiotic. I have decided i am not taking any risks with this.

I have felt better today than I did yesterday. Pain is less and trapped wind has eased with mugs of peppermint tea during the night, but still sore. Have also managed more liquid today.

Hoping it is just a false alarm and things will improve tomorrow. My GP is due to visit/ring tomorrow anyway so will be able to get some more reassurance tomorrow hopefully.

On a positive note the sun was shining and it was nice to have a change of scenery. :)

What a lovely friend you have @SAM55 . Sorry it's been a scary few days . I recall the dietician at St Georges telling me he met patients who had infections and felt quite poorly after the op, when they came to see him at the next check up (and even years later ) who would say that despite the worst day in recovery, it was still the best thing they ever did.

This will be a small blip in a long journey.

Thank goodness for amazing friends :) I'm so sorry it's been so difficult, not even getting the medication is straightforward! Hopefully you'll stay at a normal temperature and the ooze of any colour will stop x

What was worrying though, was that as I only know I have hernias from a CT scan 4 years ago, and they never bother me, I tend to forget to mention them when asking for past medical history, given I have had so many bits removed already, and at no point has anyone taken a scan to see what is going on inside my body before operating. If I had wanted a bypass and hadn't mentioned them, then I may have got as far as the operating table before they realised they couldn't have done it!

Oooh I have a hernia too, a massive one but they do know its there as its the reason I was referred originally. The idea is the sleeve will help me lose loads of weight so the hernia can be repaired.

My hernia does bother me due its size and location, I'm always knocking it etc. Its located on the right hand side of my abdoman, in between my boob and belly button. Its visible through clothes as when standing/seated its out, when I lay down it goes back in - :eek:

You're really going through the mill lately @SAM55 . Your friend does sound lovely. Hope that temp stays down!

Does it make you feel self conscious @Mazza ? I think that would really bother me which until I got used to it. Fingers crossed you don't have to wait much longer to get it successfully dealt with x

Does it make you feel self conscious @Mazza ? I think that would really bother me which until I got used to it. Fingers crossed you don't have to wait much longer to get it successfully dealt with x

Yes it does, its like being six months pregnant but only on one side.

It's likely to be at least another year before they can repair it :grumble:

Ok, so I am packing now. Didn't want to before as I felt it could jinx everything.
For those who pray - please pray for me that everything goes as planned tomorrow.
For those who don't pray, cross you fingers, toes and belly button

Consider everything crossed that I can. Good luck!

Meant to say Please (where are my manners?)

Ok, so I am packing now. Didn't want to before as I felt it could jinx everything.
For those who pray - please pray for me that everything goes as planned tomorrow.
For those who don't pray, cross you fingers, toes and belly button
Good luck, and hope there are no hiccups! See you on the other side x

Oooh I have a hernia too, a massive one but they do know its there as its the reason I was referred originally. The idea is the sleeve will help me lose loads of weight so the hernia can be repaired.

My hernia does bother me due its size and location, I'm always knocking it etc. Its located on the right hand side of my abdoman, in between my boob and belly button. Its visible through clothes as when standing/seated its out, when I lay down it goes back in - :eek:

That doesn't sound like fun :( What are their reasons for not repairing it? Is it just your weight? They were talking about repairing mine if I wanted them to, and they weren't visible or bothering me.

Back