• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September 2016 Surgeries

@SAM55 how are your wounds today? How did you get on with your nurse? Hope they are healing now.

Thanks Hannah.
Two lots of swabs (belt and braces in case one gets lost) from Nurse and GP. GP says it looks ok and he doesn't think it is infected (I tried to ignore the fact he was a second year on placement), so don't take the antibiotics. Temperature still normal. :) Still reacting badly to dressings so a bit sore and itchy, not helped by four lots in the past 24 hours, stuck in different places. :eek:

Difficulty swallowing stuff today, trapped wind I think. What are people using as laxatives please? Dietitian said to get Fibresure but I can't get it anywhere!!

Stupidly just instinctively bent down to pick cat up to stop him going out in major storm so now in pain, but hopefully no harm done.:confused: :rolleyes:

That doesn't sound like fun :( What are their reasons for not repairing it? Is it just your weight? They were talking about repairing mine if I wanted them to, and they weren't visible or bothering me.

Their reasons are that my stomach wall is weak from previous surgeries, so it could come back, coupled with the extra weight I'm carrying :(

So close!!! One more day of pre op then I'm in. Feel really nervous. The op itself is just the biggest worry. Can't wait till its own over and can crack on!! :rolleyes:
That's how I was feeling! That and I haven't told anyone what I'm having done so the secrecy is a bit nerve wracking! Tbh I loved the team that looked after in the hospital, felt pretty at ease considering-I can't compare ur op with mine! Good luck xx

Very few know about mine either. Looking forward to meeting the team, they seem really on the ball and should help calm me down a bit. I nearly passed out when the took blood lol. They were fine with my freak out lol :)

Omg i was exactly the same at my pre op-I hate needles!-so they gave me no warning! But they're so good! I warned the anaesthetist and so one of the crew held my hand while that bit was being done! It was lovely being looked after so well tbh, so my only advice is relax and enjoy the 'pamper'! Lol!

Hi - so woke up to find I have a sleeve rather than bypass and am so disappointed. I'll font out why tmrw but am hoping it can be converted later.

Woozy but comfortable. Will update more tmrw.

Hi - so woke up to find I have a sleeve rather than bypass and am so disappointed. I'll font out why tmrw but am hoping it can be converted later.

Welcome to the losers bench!

Sorry to hear it hasn't gone to plan. They must have their reasons for that, hope you manage to find out why tomorrow. In the meantime, rest and take it easy and I hope you have a good night.

Glad you're on the losers bench, Rose!

Hope you slept well.

That must have been a shock. I was told I couldn't have a bypass because I have a hernia that would get in the way, so maybe they found something like that? Hope you find out soon and that you are not too uncomfortable. x

Hi Rose good to hear you are finally on the losers bench - I hope to be there soon. I was supposed to have a sleeve but because of reflux I will be having a bypass but I still wont know until after I have surgery she said she will see how things look first. (ie effects of acid reflux etc) although she did say that if they cannot do it straight away they would do sleeve temporarily and then revise to bypass later. Just take it easy (maybe not what you want to hear right now but the sleeve does work there are many people on here who are testament to that xx

@Rose2016 thinking of you lovely x
Good luck to the rest of the September losers yet to hit the benches :)

Has anyone been advised what to use post-op for constipation please? I was told Fibresure but can't get it anywhere, and Fybogel is a no, no because it swells... Has anyone been told Movecol? Thanks

I have senna but tablets and also laxido which is similar to movicol but I prefer the taste :) you can get senna liquid too.

Have spoken with the consulting team who say they could not get to the bowel because my oddendum was in the way, so performed the sleeve as it was achievable safely. I'm trying to stay positive -sleeve is still an excellent bariatric tool, just not as permanent as the RNY.
There is no second chance here, I have to make the sleeve work so there won't be an NHS funded conversion later.

Back