• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September 2016 Surgeries

Stock cubes, yes or no post op?

I'm currently sipping on a vegetable one and its yummers :character00254:

Sounds errrrr...yummy lol. I dunno, they tend to be flavouring and salt, not much in the way of substance. I would be more tempted to boil the life out of some veg and have a very thin soup/ bit of pureed veg very diluted instead. Use a stock in it but I wouldn't have it on its own personally.
Top it up with some whey protein powder?
I think the comsumme soups in hospital tasted too much like stock cubes to me, but bovril has been a likely beverage for many over the years (yuck) lol.

Just had a look at my diet sheet, in addition to fortified milk drinks as main 'food' intake they recommend liquids, oxo, marmite, bovril, the cup a soups or clear tinned soup. (Sieved) No mention of stock cubes - but they pretty much are oxo right??!! So if you getting on with them, then why not :)

Tbh I've been making a batch of soup-loads of veg, lentils and stock, blending it, then adding a slightly different flavour to my portion each day (I'm a veggie so tends to be sweet pots/leeks/parsley), thinned right out, blended and then passed through a sieve. This way I'm getting variety but i also control salts and sugars etc. Using the initial batch as a base to add flavours to saved time so is helpful now I'm working again.

You need a bit of salt to stop cramping so an oxo could satisfy that. Wouldn't have more than one though.
Miso soup is also good for a savoury kick- Etsu do sachets of paste to make a cup of soup with and they are delicious. Got a box of about 100 at Costco about two months ago and still can't see the bottom of the box. Value for money

Oooh I do like miso soup @Rose2016 so I'll get some of that.

I just had an incredible craving for salt and it did the trick, don't worry I won't be having loads.

All I have on my diet sheet is slim fast or complan, milk and water........ :confused:

Tbh I've been making a batch of soup-loads of veg, lentils and stock, blending it, then adding a slightly different flavour to my portion each day (I'm a veggie so tends to be sweet pots/leeks/parsley), thinned right out, blended and then passed through a sieve. This way I'm getting variety but i also control salts and sugars etc. Using the initial batch as a base to add flavours to saved time so is helpful now I'm working again.

I'll be making soups too when I feel up to it, don't at the moment.

When I had my band, seven years ago, I made some lovely ones to keep me going.

yes, really need a savoury kick as my slim fasts are all chocolate, banana, vanilla, strawberry .... yuck

Morning all!

Firstly good luck to @Turps for today! look forward to hearing how it all went.

Current situation, on the sofa sipping my protein coffee and watching I Used to Be Fat, its an old one but I love programmes like this - motivation on overload.

Putting my admin hat on for a moment, I was looking around the sleeve section last night and its looking a bit bare. I was looking for a what I've eaten today kind of thread but alas couldn't find one.

When I was a post op bander threads like this were really popular and very helpful for others to see what people at various stages were managing. I'm gonna start one for now in the post op section so all September'ers can join in - come and join me, please?! xx

Have you guys seen coco pro high protein drink. 20g of protein in a 330ml carton. Expensive (£2.75, Ocado) but for the days when I'm so sick of slim fast it's great.

Have you guys seen coco pro high protein drink. 20g of protein in a 330ml carton. Expensive (£2.75, Ocado) but for the days when I'm so sick of slim fast it's great.
What is the sugar content like @Rose2016 ? for us bypassers?

No added sugar - 9.1g in each 330ml. So half of that in slim fast and slightly less than UFIT.
You can buy in 8 multi packs from Dolphin Fitness. Comes in original and with added pineapple.

I am disappointed hoe low the protein amount seems to be in slim fast so definately will keep an eye out for other options... nice to have some ready made options if I ever want to go out!

Anyone who is having blood thinning injections please can you tell me what you are having and what dose please?

Feeling anxious as a more senior district nurse has come out tonight (she has been twice before to do my Tinzaparin(innohep) injection) to show me what to do. I queried that she didn't check the dose 03.5 7,000 units as she was going to put it all in 0.4ml, 8,000 units as everyone else, including the hospital, have checked the amount which is less than the syringe holds and discharged it and any surrounding air. She says the amount it isn't an exact science and there will always be a little bit of air.

Having looked at the package leaflet it says do not exceed the dose given by the doctor
I want to see if we are on different doses so i have some info before I check with a doctor tomorrow please. Thanks

I am disappointed hoe low the protein amount seems to be in slim fast so definately will keep an eye out for other options... nice to have some ready made options if I ever want to go out!
I found UFIT more tolerable from a fullness point of view than Slimfast. I did try adding protein powder or skimmed milk to Slimfast sometimes to up the protein but it became more undigestable

@SAM55 my clexane is 40mg. 0.4ml. Looks like we all different so far... my leaflet says the prefilled syringes come in 20mg, 40mg, 60mg , 80mg and 100mg. Would be odd to prescribe say 30mg if that's the case... makes it v difficult to deliver that much.

You are on a different brand though... Hope u get a clear answer tommorrow:)

Back