• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September 2016 Surgeries

I was told a shower was fine and they put the cannula in the side of my hand and it hurt like a mofo!
I think it's no bath for a while not forever :) For me it was until I had the staples out x

Thanks ... For the sake of everyone in my family I will shower.

Ha ha! No, not forever! Just until the glue/scabs have gone!

Are the dressings the waterproof type? If so a shower is fine, if they are the micro pore or fabric type then you are not meant to get them wet.

This is what I was told anyway

No bath ... Ever?? I'll have a shower, thanks for the info.
I have dressings still and my wounds are glued. I'm sure my hand will deflate soon
My hand took a couple of days to deflate, but is fine now. I was allowed to shower a soon as my dressings were off - was told not to worry about getting the wounds wet, but to be careful not to scrub them and the area around them. Didn't ask about bath I'm afraid. Well done on managing the consomme and water. I find the shuddering tummy is easier if I make sure fluids are not too cold - more room temperature.

Had shower and feel good. Can't believe I am tired again as I seem to nap constantly. Am sure this is the general anaesthetic moving out of my system but I can't keep my eyes open. Night night

Had shower and feel good. Can't believe I am tired again as I seem to nap constantly. Am sure this is the general anaesthetic moving out of my system but I can't keep my eyes open. Night night

No bath ... Ever?? I'll have a shower, thanks for the info.
I have dressings still and my wounds are glued. I'm sure my hand will deflate soon
No bath for a week or 2 I think, shower from day 1. My hand is still bruised and a little swollen from the cannular a week on x

It's amazing the difference a shower can make :) I think the tiredness is probably a combo of the anaesthetic and healing. Nap away I reckon :)

I've got the little heater on in the sitting room today. I think keeping warm keeps the blood flowing which helps healing... our bodies are tired (I feel colder when tired) and healing so prob more comfortable a bit warmer. Seems silly when it's actually nice outside!

I'm hot ... But have been walking loads so my smugness may be warming me

Anyone else feeling cold? My other half is getting worried because I am wrapped up in my fleece and complaining of the cold while he is wandering around in a t-shirt and complaining of the heat! I feel fine - but chilly :)
I get bouts of feeling cold and have particularly noticed it today but thought it was because the weather is cooler. However, the thermostat says 20 degrees which I would normally find too warm when the sun is shining. I put it down to the lack of food as this often happened when my sugars dropped in the afternoon, and also we are getting little exercise so circulation is poor. Haven't managed much today, although sugars are ok. Have woolly socks on and am going to try and warm up with a yoghurt and peppermint tea. I am also fighting infection so that doesn't help :(

I'm now back at work -a week post op, all fine really except I'm mega tired, and generally cold. Anyone else struggling to get full sentences out? I'm blaming the anaesthetic but honestly it's like my mouth, tongue and brain have had a fall out!!

I'm now back at work -a week post op, all fine really except I'm mega tired, and generally cold. Anyone else struggling to get full sentences out? I'm blaming the anaesthetic but honestly it's like my mouth, tongue and brain have had a fall out!!
I did struggle with words and brain the first week, but know from experience that was the anaesthetic plus the morphine. Its a lot better two weeks out.

Hello fellow Septemeber surgery'ers!

Well I'm back home and in touch with the world, finally. The hospital had no signal anywhere, so I was completly cut off.

Op wise, I must admit I've had a few what the hell have I done moments. I too am feeling cold but my cheeks are burning up?!

Anyway, just a quick update to let you all know I'm alive!

Hello fellow Septemeber surgery'ers!

Well I'm back home and in touch with the world, finally. The hospital had no signal anywhere, so I was completly cut off.

Op wise, I must admit I've had a few what the hell have I done moments. I too am feeling cold but my cheeks are burning up?!

Anyway, just a quick update to let you all know I'm alive!
Glad you are alive Mazza! :) Take care x

Good to hear you are home Mazza, rest up and take it easy!

Hello @Mazza - so glad to see you back and glad all went well. We will shuffle up on the Losers bench for you

Back