• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September 2016 Surgeries

@SAM55 Ouch. I agree, that does sound painful. I'm finding doing the injections okay, but each one is leaving a deep bruise.

I've got the tongue thing too. :(

@SAM55 ouch that sounds painful!

After my knee op I had to put the injections in my stomach, no muscle there!!!

Don't forget - don't rub the injection site, it makes it bruise more!

Glad to have finished my injections, they were horrid! Yeah I found touching the site at all made it bruise. I was also injecting in stomach area, more than 5cm from any wound and out towards the sides were my guidelines. Eugh. Horrid :( hope your leg goes down soon!

The white tongue is vile, along with the horrible taste in my mouth!

I got in touch with my team as I was feeling so weak on liquids only and as I'm back at work at the end of the week, I've been allowed on sloppies early. Its going well and I feel much better for it!

The white tongue is vile, along with the horrible taste in my mouth!

I got in touch with my team as I was feeling so weak on liquids only and as I'm back at work at the end of the week, I've been allowed on sloppies early. Its going well and I feel much better for it!
Pleased it is working. I felt so much better once I started on puree (other than the constipation!). Hope going back to work goes ok. Take it easy though. x

Seen my GP tonight. :) Apparently the stitch knot will dissolve eventually, although i may need to cut the end off again if it sticks out. He says i am healing well. He suggested suppositories for the constipation but besides not liking the idea, I don't have long enough arms or a bendy enough back!! He has prescribed Lactulose instead and gave me a very interesting mini lecture on how some sugars work the opposite way to others and are not absorbed.

Urine test was clear but have been given another prescription just in case it flares up again (I only stopped them yesterday).

Did my first proper drive and it was ok and no painful after effects. :)

Weight is coming off and i have been weighing weekly, but decided I wasn't going to bother logging the figures each week so it doesn't become an obsession, will just alter my weight in my profile.

Starting to feel somewhere like a normal, independent human being again.:woohoo:

I'm seeing the gp on Friday as there is a lot of string hanging out of three of my cuts which are red and itchy but I don't think infected.
I too have started driving and no problems at all.

Still absolutely exhausted and can't imagine getting through a day without a nap. How on earth am I going to cope when I go back to work? I do love my job, but am def not up to it. V impressed with those ladies whose back so quickly.

Who are back so quickly, I meant

I don't want to go back on Friday, believe me.

I asked on the day of discharge for a two week sick note, so the doctor wrote one for two weeks from op date, rather than discharge. I have to travel all over the country and carry alot of things, dreading it to be honest :grumble:

Is getting an extra note from your GP an option? I needed a month and definitely couldn't have been lifting thing so early x

Could be if I could get to see one, earliest I can get an appointment is 21st October :(

Doctor will do sick note by email request. Can you send an email or drop off a letter to them?
You can also self certify for a week and the surgery will have the forms.

Yes do that. Mine will sometimes do it over the phone too. Don't rush yourself, it's a big op x

Email? ha ha, no my doctors don't do that. They don't even send prescriptions electronically to the chemist yet but Boots and I are hopeful that they will before 2020!

Very old fashioned practise, with traditional hitleresque receptionists who refuse to request a sick note without them knowing exactly what is wrong with me (I refuse point blank to discuss my health issues with a receptionist) so that they can tell the GP and then I can have an appoinment, the soonest being 21st October. I went there today to pick up my prescriptions only to be told that I need a medication review as I haven't had my blood pressure checked since May. Why on earth thats an issue god only knows but it says so on the system so......

So no prescription until I can see the nurse to do my blood pressure, then for my repeat to be authorised, picked up by my and taken to Boots. Who knows when this miracle will happen.

Oh that's a ridiculous attitude and I'm guessing you're not on meds for the fun of it so presumably you actually need them when you run out not just when they can fit you in! Plus they could save themselves time and money doing phone appointments. You can't drag them into this century though. You can't be lifting stuff for one thing!

Yep @FeeBee I do need them and yes it is rediculous.

I might pop into the other surgery tomorrow (ten minutes in the car) as they seem much more helpful but no good phoning them as all phones go to the main surgery. I really need to find a new one though :(

I don't want to go back on Friday, believe me.

I asked on the day of discharge for a two week sick note, so the doctor wrote one for two weeks from op date, rather than discharge. I have to travel all over the country and carry alot of things, dreading it to be honest :grumble:
You probably need to see GP and get a further sick note (or fit note as they are now called). Did doctor put a date you would be well enough to go back or did it just say 2 weeks?

My GP surgery doesn't do email either, but they do have a phone-in every morning, plus you can get an emergency appointment on the day. If yours do this then suggest you ring and say it is an emergency, and if they ask say you have recently had surgery and you have some concerns (you don't need to tell them what).

They do however have an online appointment and prescription service through the NHS System One.

It should have said on your last prescription that it needed to be reviewed?

Sounds like you need a new GP surgery if there is a choice where you are. I am in the sticks so only have the one option, but they all have at least some of the archetypal receptionists i have found. :(

I am three weeks out and tried lifting some black bags with clothes in at weekend, and really wished i hadn't!

Back