• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September 2016 Surgeries

I stalled on week 3 for 2 weeks. I was gutted. Then it picked up again. 11 weeks now post op and im stalling again. I think it;s normal all the way through. It's disheartening but normal.

Just wondering how everyone is feeling now we're all on the 'other side'..!

I'm 4 and a half weeks out and still nackered!

I feel like I've only lost weight on my legs-I look ridiculous! Jeans are hilarious, can't go down a size yet coz of my belly, but they hang off my legs-I'm going try it later, my husband thinks we could fit one of his (very skinny) legs in along with mine!

Hope everyone's doing well anyway :blahblah::kissass:

Just wondering how everyone is feeling now we're all on the 'other side'..!

I'm 4 and a half weeks out and still nackered!

I feel like I've only lost weight on my legs-I look ridiculous! Jeans are hilarious, can't go down a size yet coz of my belly, but they hang off my legs-I'm going try it later, my husband thinks we could fit one of his (very skinny) legs in along with mine!

Hope everyone's doing well anyway :blahblah::kissass:
5 weeks - still knackered - but managing to walk further now. I have the same problems with jeans - look as if I am going to take flight in the slightest wind. I have just got into a smaller size jeans, but have to be careful because the waist rests on my wounds. Managing soft food well, but moving to real foo after m sleeve is a bit tricky.

I'm 4 weeks today and still knackered. One wound is still causing problems but the other three are fine. I haven't lost weight in over two weeks despite eating tiny amounts, but am determined not to panic yet. Have lost over two stone since LRD, so clinging to that when worried.
I've lost inches off my back so am wearing smaller bras and blouses that I bought but never wore because of gaps at bust level are getting worn for the first time but to be fair my boobs are humongous so weight needed to come off there; nothing noticeable on the lower half.

I'm starting to be sociable again but without dinner and having a good night out on two small glasses of wine which feel the same as probably 5-6 glasses of yesterweek.

Happy with my surgery but keen to get swimming once my wound dries up.

five and bit weeks out. Wounds are all fine and managing lumpy food ok. Also wearing new size jeans but weight isn't coming off my middle and my boobs haven't changed (which is good given the cost of bras!). Face, neck, legs and waist are seeing most significant changes. Have bought a fair number of new clothes but only stuff I will wear all the time, and nothing expensive. Probably two of everything at once as I now feel the cold. :cool: Was given a gift of £100 M&S vouchers at the weekend so that will keep me in knickers until I even out. :D Hate the feel of saggy/falling down knickers!

Developing bingo wings and looking forward to getting back to the swimming pool the week after next. :)

Constipation not as bad, but suffering with dry and burning skin and am still not hydrated enough.

Weight dropping gradually each week.

Don't feel like being very sociable yet as being around too many people makes me knackered the next day.

Have developed a sudden liking for housework!!!:eek:

Doing okay. I have surprisingly more energy. The only down is that I am going to sleep really early as tired.

It was my mum's birthday yesterday and I made the mistake of eating a well mashed up piece of her chicken. Needless to say I wont be doing it again.

I am also stopping with the scales so much. Started going on every day and when you stall for a few days its gets you down, so back to weekly weigh ins.

people are starting to notice I have lost weight which is great.

Doing okay. I have surprisingly more energy. The only down is that I am going to sleep really early as tired.

It was my mum's birthday yesterday and I made the mistake of eating a well mashed up piece of her chicken. Needless to say I wont be doing it again.

I am also stopping with the scales so much. Started going on every day and when you stall for a few days its gets you down, so back to weekly weigh ins.

people are starting to notice I have lost weight which is great.
Yes my bad habit is the scales..! I promised myself on Monday morning that I would only weigh in on a Monday morning. Broke that promise everyday since and have weighed at least once each day! Ive stalled for about 2 weeks so just tormenting myself really!

When are you guys doing exercise other than walking? I'd like to swim but one would is still open so maybe cycling?

Wound.

I'm itching to go swimming again, it's the exercise I love the most as it takes pressure off my joints. My wounds are all healed but I was told 6 weeks to wait, so still three to go. :(

Ah ok - thanks for the guidance

I was told about 4 weeks and work on walking till then. Have got easy excersises to start and swimming is prob later due to healing. Cycling prob good as it's low impact. Wish it was flatter around here lol

When are you guys doing exercise other than walking? I'd like to swim but one would is still open so maybe cycling?
My understanding is that any real exercise other than walking shouldn't be done until after 6 weeks. I personally wouldn't advise cycling whilst you still have a wound open.

Thanks everyone - will stick with walking to week six

I'm itching to go swimming again, it's the exercise I love the most as it takes pressure off my joints. My wounds are all healed but I was told 6 weeks to wait, so still three to go. :(
Yes, I can't wait to go back to the pool. A week on Monday for me :)

The stall has ended :wee:

I'm sure it will come back again later but for now just happy that it is moved no again, despite it being TOTM. Phew.

Back