• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Shrinking from 25 stone......

Slimming world is a great idea, Lottie! If you're worried about portion sizes you could always aim to have smaller ones just for yourself while following the slimming world plan. Maybe you could do little things like buying a smaller plate or eating with a smaller knife and fork? Having a smaller plate tricks us until thinking we're still eating a full plate of food and eating with a smaller knife and fork means we're eating less in a longer time so we have more time to register when we're full. I found that both of those have really helped me on my pre op diet and since having surgery.
It's great that you want to get healthy for your son but you should do it just for yourself too. Sometimes on my journey, even with my family around i felt isolated because i was on a different path to everyone else and no matter how supportive (and sometimes not so supportive) they were you realise that it's path you're having to travel alone. So when you're doing it for someone else and you start to feel a little distant from them it puts more pressure on you and when you do have setbacks it adds more guilt. When we're emotional eaters this makes things so much harder. Think of all the reasons you want to do this for yourself and use those reasons to keep you motivated.

I think this is all great advice. I've started using a smaller plate for my meals and it's surprising how well that works for portion control. And if you feel happier doing Slimming World and have done well with it in the past, then go for it!

Oddly enough, I was just saying to someone tonight that although part of my reason for wanting to shift the weight was my family, this largely something I am doing for myself and for my benefit. Having said that, I honestly do believe that the benefits I receive from this are going to impact on them too and (hopefully!) in a positive way!

I think this is all great advice. I've started using a smaller plate for my meals and it's surprising how well that works for portion control. And if you feel happier doing Slimming World and have done well with it in the past, then go for it!

Oddly enough, I was just saying to someone tonight that although part of my reason for wanting to shift the weight was my family, this largely something I am doing for myself and for my benefit. Having said that, I honestly do believe that the benefits I receive from this are going to impact on them too and (hopefully!) in a positive way!

I completely agree with you too. I don't have any kids of my own but i've missed my nieces and nephews birthday parties and School plays and they notice stuff like that too. My 7 year old nephew was just saying tonight that he wishes i could go to his next open evening at school so i could see the drawings he's been doing and that he was telling me about. But as much as he wants me there I want to be there. I don't go out to eat with my family or to days out to parks and they feel guilty about leaving me behind so me doing this is making me more a part of the family in the long run. But that's what i want for myself. I don't want to feel isolated. I want to see more of the stuff my nieces and nephews do at school. I want to see them playing at the park. It's all me me me lol

THANK you so much girls-you are so right. I guess because I put my son before myself -it WHY I want to do it for him-to be around BUT also I want to enjoy hols ( my friend asked me today to go to Dublin I've said can we go next yrar) because I get out of breath walking-I do want to do it for me too. So I can do things like that. I am worried i won't fit in plane seat.

I joined slimming world this morning and I am 22.3 1/2.

The smaller plate is a great idea guys-thank you.

I went up the hospital and was 140.7 kg I was 149 when I started this journey last Jan.

Thank you so much for the support-love you guys xxxx

THANK you so much girls-you are so right. I guess because I put my son before myself -it WHY I want to do it for him-to be around BUT also I want to enjoy hols ( my friend asked me today to go to Dublin I've said can we go next yrar) because I get out of breath walking-I do want to do it for me too. So I can do things like that. I am worried i won't fit in plane seat.

I joined slimming world this morning and I am 22.3 1/2.

The smaller plate is a great idea guys-thank you.

I went up the hospital and was 140.7 kg I was 149 when I started this journey last Jan.

Thank you so much for the support-love you guys xxxx
You should be super proud of yourself xx

Thank you hunny stayed on track so far. Got lamb shank for tea with jacket pot and veg :) xxxx

22.3 1/2 again today at sw. Xxx

Yep ok thank you-how are you hunny?

We are away on holiday at mo in cottage in peak district. I am TRYING so so hard to stay on track I want to loose 3 1/2 lbs this week to get down to 22 stone.

So been eating breakfast lunch and tea snacking on fruit.

Had a 50 cal packet of sweets my son bought me but thst been my only treat.

Walked 10000 steps today hope that helps. I am exhausted now. I just hope I haven't done to much and my ME/CFS dosent get bad. I've been in bed since 8 pm had a bath to soak my muscles.

Go back to weigh loos on 16th April -so just under 2 weeks time eek.

Xxxx

Not much to update been on hol-ate healthy lost 1 1/2 lbs at slimming world since last week so 22.2 now :) or 310 lbs

Planning stufo for my birthday. But planning a meal out and day at a theme park-so I can be in control with a picnic.

Xxxx

Thanks hunny we had first bbq of year I had steak, 1 burger 5% beef and 1 kebab ( 1.5 syns) with salad and spinach cucumber toms pepper onions and mushrooms-i think that's all speed.

Xxxxx

More speed food today toms broccoli pepper carrot and green beans. Apple and strawberries for later :) xxxx

1.5 lbs off 22. 1/2 or 308 1/2 ;) xxxx

Well done Lottie! You also seem to be happier now that you're doing SW. The sheer frustration of being left to your own devices to try and lose weight can be a real downer. Keep up the good work!

Thsnks girls I stayed the same last week 22. 1/2 or 308 1/2.

Head hunger is awful ; (

I had an apple and cheese as my snack before bedtime.

I am hoping we all have good losses this week guys. Fingers crossed for us.

Xxxx

Back